Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 PM   #21
Colo.Dave

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2003 25' Safari
Parker , Colorado
Has anyone found a solution for the faux leather on the seating (ours is 27' FB). Sitting at the dinette, the material has no "grip", & you wind up slowly slipping off the seats, & having to readjust. We're thinking of some sort of rubber backed material that is comfortable, and looks good. Any suggestions?
Dingram/Colo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
GypsyDad that's the Airstream I want - is that custom? What size? That just makes so much sense and good use of space! Thank you.
Seemore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:45 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seemore2006 View Post
GypsyDad that's the Airstream I want - is that custom? What size? That just makes so much sense and good use of space! Thank you.
Yes, it does make "so much sense" to many folks I talk to who own Airstreams! Airstream Adventures Northwest offers these "upgrades" through their dealership. Seattle Washington Airstream Adventures Northwest
click on the "Custom" button... Bay Area Airstream Adventures https://bayareaairstream.com/Invento...sp?Stock=A2607 has the pictures I included earlier.

I was contacted originally by Bay Area AS Adventures dealer in Fairfield, CA just outside Sacramento area...Cost I was quoted was around $7.5K (wholesale pricing) "IF" I also purchased a new AS from them....at first I thought that was not bad since I really want the new ducted air and directional vents in the 2016 models, but now wondering if other "shops" around offer similar modifications for cheaper pricing? I think AS would have a winner if offered in 25' & 27' models...we really hate the long lounge and think it is a waste of space...even our boxer hates it!
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I wonder if the addition of the cabinetry across the aisle from the kitchen under the TV causes the street side to be a lot heavier? You could put a lot of weight in those drawers and cabinets; extra pots and pans etc, not to mention the weight of the furniture. Maybe switching to 16" rim/tires would be advisable if you did this mod.

One thing about that rear U lounge is the odd shaped cushions have to be stored somewhere when not in use. Ideally they should design it to use the cushions when in the dinette position.

Kelvin
Old 10-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
Attachment 249969
This is how I modified our 27FB. Moved the heater forward, built bar an drawers, loves eat recliners that will be changed to swivel rockers in the future

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
Did you find it easy to get that love seat into the trailer?

How much space there between the loveseat and the street side cabinet?

Looking at the width of the loveseat and the amount of space from the arms to the walls if the furnace was left in the stock postion would it still interfere with the loveseat recliner? I think the furnace is about 18" deep. Could not a low box been built over the furnace?

Kelvin
Old 10-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I wonder if creating a U-shaped bench seating arrangement would be any more comfortable than the stock straight bench seat configuration. It's still a flat plywood bench with a foam cushion on it. I would try out the new 26U and see if it's U-shaped bench seat is any better than the bench seat you have now before I would spend too much money on a conversion.

The desk next to the fridge is a pretty good use of that section of the bench though. Looks real good.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
We may consider a cabinet under the TV. With our 2008 Classic 25fg the stove is across from the side couch vs later model Airstreams having the sink stick out into the aisle. While a desk is nice I would prefer cabinets and drawers and to used as more kitchen prep area. You'd also have to find a better looking and more comfortable chair. Looking at the photo of the desk I don't know why the box under the seating area is so large. Isn't there just a heating duct and some wiring there? Couldn't the box be made smaller?

Just sent my wife links to photos showing a recliner in the back dinette area and she says NO! Guess I'm stuck with the dinette.

Yes, this U dinette may not be that much better than the standard dinette. But one person could lounge across the back and the other on the street side without taking down the tables like you have to do with the standard dinette.
Kelvin
Old 10-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
I wonder if creating a U-shaped bench seating arrangement would be any more comfortable than the stock straight bench seat configuration. It's still a flat plywood bench with a foam cushion on it. I would try out the new 26U and see if it's U-shaped bench seat is any better than the bench seat you have now before I would spend too much money on a conversion.

The desk next to the fridge is a pretty good use of that section of the bench though. Looks real good.
Issue with 26U for us is it has no twin bed option, no extra storage drawers or usable prep surface above the drawers, as is offered in Ultimate Airstreams Lounge Options I posted above. Plus, not sure of cost difference of 26U vs the "option"? Either way, we still like the twin beds...
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote