Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #29
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Airstream doesn't build water pumps, just installs them. The accumulator makes operation smoother but it's still noisy. Perhaps there is a quiet water pump model out there somewhere.

Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Greetings Bob:

I just compared your sticker info to mine and it seems these F150 are all over the map as far as ratings. Mine is also a 2014, but has P275/55R20 111S Tires while yours seems to have 18" rubber. Wonder why that is?
Mine has a GVWR of 7700 LB while yours looks like it is 7650. Yet your payload is high than mine? Mine is 1545 while yours is 1745. This is strange to me as my GVRW is higher, yet my payload is less. Is this a result of different options on a given truck or something?

As a side note. I have added firestone airbags to my rear axle in the hopes of using it to take a bit of the sag out after I'm hooked up and got the prepared set. Have not tried this yet buy will be in about a week when we head south.

Hi, this is one reason that I tell people to check the yellow sticker, because the book is confusing / misleading, and the sales person doesn't know. I showed my sales person a fancy F-150 on their showroom floor that only had 1,065 lbs of payload. By the book, mine should be 1900 lbs, but I lost 155 lbs due to the skid plates for the off road package. I will check my book again; Your payload may be less due to the 20" wheels and tires. But since your GVWR is 50 lbs more than mine, that should mean that your payload should be higher, unless for some reason that we can't see, you truck weighs more than mine while empty.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:37 PM   #31
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I would not think the wheels and tires would be included in the payload. Since the truck does not actually carry that weight.
The axles and spring weights are not carried by the truck either. But they do have limited weight carrying capacity.
There are a number of factors that will reduce the load carrying capacity of the truck. Most have to do with the trim package, cab type and bed length.
All that fancy stuff weighs something. A lot more that one would think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Airstream Forums

Knowledge: "A gift to be shared. A treasure to receive."
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote