Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2012 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Have heard that there is a HDMI cable pulled to the back TV wall plate of 25' and larger Flying Clouds. Does anyone know if they pull a HDMI to the back of a 23D? I pulled the Coax plate off and did not see it directly behind it and I didn't want to start tearing insulation out if I know it is not there. I am planning on putting a TV in the back and would like to be able to watch cable and dvds.
CO Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
OK, we are totally frustrated! Picked up our brand-spanking new 25FB Flying Cloud from the dealer yesterday. Had our own check list for the systems, which meant the process took quite a while. The entertainment system was a major head-ache. I found a "cheat-sheet"from Airstream in the pile of manuals which clearly states that the TV must be on in order to play an (audio) CD. We consider this to be a problem, since it seems ridiculous to have to run to TV to listen to a CD, but we also have the problem of an annoying hiss in the speakers when a CD is playing, despite multiple attempts to adjust volume of the TV and the Sony receiver. We have followed all directions for the Sony receiver - playing a DVD seems to be OK. Any suggestions? (We are camping in our new unit, and LOVE it, otherwise!)
herrick51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Island Lake , Illinois
Nice job BA. Thanks for the great visual. lol, you only left off the noise of sucking the drool back in having a flashlight in ones mouth.
~and how silly of AS speaker placement ay? Under cabinets where peeps have their heads instead of in the dome.
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Island Lake , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrick51 View Post
OK, we are totally frustrated! Picked up our brand-spanking new 25FB Flying Cloud from the dealer yesterday. Had our own check list for the systems, which meant the process took quite a while. The entertainment system was a major head-ache. I found a "cheat-sheet"from Airstream in the pile of manuals which clearly states that the TV must be on in order to play an (audio) CD. We consider this to be a problem, since it seems ridiculous to have to run to TV to listen to a CD, but we also have the problem of an annoying hiss in the speakers when a CD is playing, despite multiple attempts to adjust volume of the TV and the Sony receiver. We have followed all directions for the Sony receiver - playing a DVD seems to be OK. Any suggestions? (We are camping in our new unit, and LOVE it, otherwise!)
Yo Herrick-ster Sorry I do not have an answer..bludi Sony...I've not yet played a CD on mine. yay Sony/AS...recalling man on moon in '69. Now we've lost simple.
~I've a bit off topic warning/heads up for you in case you never landed on the thread.
~My first morn, hung over as all %^$#..in the mirrored bathroom cabinet for the pie hole brush...ooo! a moth, I best get that..locking the mirrored in open. So my brain feeling same as just a dampened hinge like the bed, I pulled down and this big ol' cloddy gloth pulled the mirror down without un-hinging the lock. It pulled the left side of right out, along with chunks-o-wood. If the room wasn't narrow as is to wedge the mirrored door twixed I'd still be there wondering how not to mess the other side.
!! "snic" do not forget to un-hinge that cabinet door bud. Hell, there's prolly larger screws in Drew Cary's glasses.
~~ok, back to the wire issues.
justbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrick51 View Post
There are several threads on this frustration; suffice it to say that you are not alone! We have the same experience.
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' International
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Have been searching the threads to try and find an answer to my problems. This seems the most logical thread.
1. My sister wants to bring her Tailgater and receiver along for our camping trip next weekend and use it in my Airstream (larger than her Casita so we can all gather in the Airstream). I thought no problem, my trailer has satellite pre-wire and the manual has instructions . . . , but then I looked at the faceplate and it doesn't have a coax jumper cable like my old Bambi (or the manual states should be there). Picture below. Should have noticed that when I traded last October, but wasn't really a concern. Before I take the faceplate off to see if the coax connections are both back there, has anyone else had the same configuration? And solved the problem?
2. I know the DVD sound is supposed to come thru the trailer speakers when we watch a DVD. Cannot make it happen. Have tried every setting on the BluRay and CD player and finally gave up and listened thru the tv speakers. Do I have a wiring problem or just operator error?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mary
P.S. My splitter was installed so I get the DVD in the bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faceplate.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	183692  
M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Smith View Post
Have been searching the threads to try and find an answer to my problems. This seems the most logical thread.
1. My sister wants to bring her Tailgater and receiver along for our camping trip next weekend and use it in my Airstream (larger than her Casita so we can all gather in the Airstream). I thought no problem, my trailer has satellite pre-wire and the manual has instructions . . . , but then I looked at the faceplate and it doesn't have a coax jumper cable like my old Bambi (or the manual states should be there). Picture below. Should have noticed that when I traded last October, but wasn't really a concern. Before I take the faceplate off to see if the coax connections are both back there, has anyone else had the same configuration? And solved the problem?
2. I know the DVD sound is supposed to come thru the trailer speakers when we watch a DVD. Cannot make it happen. Have tried every setting on the BluRay and CD player and finally gave up and listened thru the tv speakers. Do I have a wiring problem or just operator error?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mary
P.S. My splitter was installed so I get the DVD in the bedroom.
Not sure which AS you have but in my FC 27FB that jumper you mention is under the dining table, not with the monitor.

As for sound through your speakers, in mine, the input on the tuner needs to be CD 2 (don't ask!). Yours may be different....

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' International
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Yup, went out to look and there it was, under the dining table. Thanks!

Still have the tuner problem, could not get a CD 2 on the tuner, but that's a minor issue.
M. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Smith View Post
Yup, went out to look and there it was, under the dining table. Thanks!

Still have the tuner problem, could not get a CD 2 on the tuner, but that's a minor issue.
Glad part of it worked. Try this to find CD 2... Use the SOURCE button to get to CD then hit the ARROW button under the source button to move it to CD 2 (hoping we have the same tuner!!).
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Ouray , Colorado
Can you disable the tv sound to the rear speakers easily?

Great thread. I figured there had to be a way to get the TV sound over the speakers, as I saw the HDMI and audio outs.

Does anywhere know if the Sony receiver is smart enough where I can program the tv sound to give me the choice on which room speakers to play on? For example in my 27FB, in in the bedroom, I don't need it playing over the dinette speakers. Same goes for the main room TV- no need to be playing over the bedroom speakers.

Sometimes wifey like to get her space from me :-)
jasperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Go into the menus on the radio (good luck!) and adjust the fade to full front or full rear (just like you would in a car).

Also, an easier way to get to the bird's nest of wires and the HDMI splitter is by removing the speaker from under the cabinet.

The subwoofer is under the dinette so you may want to turn it off if you want sound only in the bedroom. Although, I think the sound only comes from the main TV. I think the sub has its own fuse, so that may be the easiest way to turn it off (I've also heard it eats up battery charge).
matthorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The front to rear fader control on the Sony does that.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Yakima , Washington
Hello all,
We have a 2012 FB classic and have never been able to make the tvs work the right way. We don't have either connected to HDMI2 but we can have the main tv on air or cable and the back one showing a dvd but not the other way around. We only got one tv remote and have always thought there should have been a remote for each set.

I saw pattonsr mentioned the converter. We replaced the 600 watt with a 1800 watt with a transfer switch because frankly the 600 doesn't do much.

Maybe someday we will bump into one of you experts and you can show us how to use our trailer.

Thanks for the info,
Mike
Mike-Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Gloria View Post
Hello all,
We have a 2012 FB classic and have never been able to make the tvs work the right way. We don't have either connected to HDMI2 but we can have the main tv on air or cable and the back one showing a dvd but not the other way around. We only got one tv remote and have always thought there should have been a remote for each set.

I saw pattonsr mentioned the converter. We replaced the 600 watt with a 1800 watt with a transfer switch because frankly the 600 doesn't do much.

Maybe someday we will bump into one of you experts and you can show us how to use our trailer.

Thanks for the info,
Mike
My 2012 came with 4 remotes. I think they shorted you.
matthorr is offline   Reply With Quote