2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
The splitter is actually powered.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Ronnie,

Your picture show two things plugged in. Is the splitter power the fat thing? If so then the power wire is run into the cavity?

Barry

Old 10-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonsr
Ronnie,

Your picture show two things plugged in. Is the splitter power the fat thing? If so then the power wire is run into the cavity?

Barry
Yep. Thats the splitter and the blue ray plugged in. The splitter is the fat one.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonsr View Post
The lack of QC at the factory is unbelievable. Plus I would expect the dealer who sold you the trailer to at least check that both televisions worked properly.

So where is the box with the blu ray on your 25fb?. I believe the rear bed models have the blu ray easily accessible in one of the front cabinets with the splitter along side (not hidden behind the radio). Can someone who has a 2012 rear bed model verify the splitter location.
We have 2012 rear bed. The splitter is not readily accessible. It is located inside a built-in box that houses the blu ray player, in the front right hand upper cabinet. This low voltage dc splitter is powered by a small converter that plugs into the same ac receptacle as the blu ray player. If you have the inverter option on the trailer, there is an additional ac receptacle powered by the optional inverter so the blu ray player can be used with the coach batteries.

doug k
Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
We have 2012 rear bed. The splitter is not readily accessible. It is located inside a built-in box that houses the blu ray player, in the front right hand upper cabinet. This low voltage dc splitter is powered by a small converter that plugs into the same ac receptacle as the blu ray player. If you have the inverter option on the trailer, there is an additional ac receptacle powered by the optional inverter so the blu ray player can be used with the coach batteries.

doug k
That power adapter looks like a cell phone charger. It would probably be a good idea to unplug it from 120v when you're not planning on using it, to extend its life.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
I'm proud of myself right now. I managed to get into the panel behind the radio and amongst all those cables I found the HDMI splitter. And of course there was only one cable plugged in. There's my problem.

So after removing the radio head unit so I could see I dug around long enough until I found the other HDMi cable. Plugged it into the splitter and *poof* I have blue ray in the bedroom.

And the best part is that I managed to put the panel back together and everything still works.

So goodnight all. I'm going to pop open a celebratory beer and lay in bed and watch a movie!
Hi,
I have the same problem with my trailer. If you have time can you describe in detail what you had to do to get to where the HDMI and the
splitter was. If you had to take anything apart can you let us know how
you did that. Thank you,
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2012 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Have heard that there is a HDMI cable pulled to the back TV wall plate of 25' and larger Flying Clouds. Does anyone know if they pull a HDMI to the back of a 23D? I pulled the Coax plate off and did not see it directly behind it and I didn't want to start tearing insulation out if I know it is not there. I am planning on putting a TV in the back and would like to be able to watch cable and dvds.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
gresham , Oregon
OK, we are totally frustrated! Picked up our brand-spanking new 25FB Flying Cloud from the dealer yesterday. Had our own check list for the systems, which meant the process took quite a while. The entertainment system was a major head-ache. I found a "cheat-sheet"from Airstream in the pile of manuals which clearly states that the TV must be on in order to play an (audio) CD. We consider this to be a problem, since it seems ridiculous to have to run to TV to listen to a CD, but we also have the problem of an annoying hiss in the speakers when a CD is playing, despite multiple attempts to adjust volume of the TV and the Sony receiver. We have followed all directions for the Sony receiver - playing a DVD seems to be OK. Any suggestions? (We are camping in our new unit, and LOVE it, otherwise!)
Old 04-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Island Lake , Illinois
Nice job BA. Thanks for the great visual. lol, you only left off the noise of sucking the drool back in having a flashlight in ones mouth.
~and how silly of AS speaker placement ay? Under cabinets where peeps have their heads instead of in the dome.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Island Lake , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrick51 View Post
OK, we are totally frustrated! Picked up our brand-spanking new 25FB Flying Cloud from the dealer yesterday. Had our own check list for the systems, which meant the process took quite a while. The entertainment system was a major head-ache. I found a "cheat-sheet"from Airstream in the pile of manuals which clearly states that the TV must be on in order to play an (audio) CD. We consider this to be a problem, since it seems ridiculous to have to run to TV to listen to a CD, but we also have the problem of an annoying hiss in the speakers when a CD is playing, despite multiple attempts to adjust volume of the TV and the Sony receiver. We have followed all directions for the Sony receiver - playing a DVD seems to be OK. Any suggestions? (We are camping in our new unit, and LOVE it, otherwise!)
Yo Herrick-ster Sorry I do not have an answer..bludi Sony...I've not yet played a CD on mine. yay Sony/AS...recalling man on moon in '69. Now we've lost simple.
~I've a bit off topic warning/heads up for you in case you never landed on the thread.
~My first morn, hung over as all %^$#..in the mirrored bathroom cabinet for the pie hole brush...ooo! a moth, I best get that..locking the mirrored in open. So my brain feeling same as just a dampened hinge like the bed, I pulled down and this big ol' cloddy gloth pulled the mirror down without un-hinging the lock. It pulled the left side of right out, along with chunks-o-wood. If the room wasn't narrow as is to wedge the mirrored door twixed I'd still be there wondering how not to mess the other side.
!! "snic" do not forget to un-hinge that cabinet door bud. Hell, there's prolly larger screws in Drew Cary's glasses.
~~ok, back to the wire issues.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrick51 View Post
There are several threads on this frustration; suffice it to say that you are not alone! We have the same experience.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Have been searching the threads to try and find an answer to my problems. This seems the most logical thread.
1. My sister wants to bring her Tailgater and receiver along for our camping trip next weekend and use it in my Airstream (larger than her Casita so we can all gather in the Airstream). I thought no problem, my trailer has satellite pre-wire and the manual has instructions . . . , but then I looked at the faceplate and it doesn't have a coax jumper cable like my old Bambi (or the manual states should be there). Picture below. Should have noticed that when I traded last October, but wasn't really a concern. Before I take the faceplate off to see if the coax connections are both back there, has anyone else had the same configuration? And solved the problem?
2. I know the DVD sound is supposed to come thru the trailer speakers when we watch a DVD. Cannot make it happen. Have tried every setting on the BluRay and CD player and finally gave up and listened thru the tv speakers. Do I have a wiring problem or just operator error?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mary
P.S. My splitter was installed so I get the DVD in the bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faceplate.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	183692  
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Smith View Post
Have been searching the threads to try and find an answer to my problems. This seems the most logical thread.
1. My sister wants to bring her Tailgater and receiver along for our camping trip next weekend and use it in my Airstream (larger than her Casita so we can all gather in the Airstream). I thought no problem, my trailer has satellite pre-wire and the manual has instructions . . . , but then I looked at the faceplate and it doesn't have a coax jumper cable like my old Bambi (or the manual states should be there). Picture below. Should have noticed that when I traded last October, but wasn't really a concern. Before I take the faceplate off to see if the coax connections are both back there, has anyone else had the same configuration? And solved the problem?
2. I know the DVD sound is supposed to come thru the trailer speakers when we watch a DVD. Cannot make it happen. Have tried every setting on the BluRay and CD player and finally gave up and listened thru the tv speakers. Do I have a wiring problem or just operator error?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mary
P.S. My splitter was installed so I get the DVD in the bedroom.
Not sure which AS you have but in my FC 27FB that jumper you mention is under the dining table, not with the monitor.

As for sound through your speakers, in mine, the input on the tuner needs to be CD 2 (don't ask!). Yours may be different....

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Tuttle , Oklahoma
Yup, went out to look and there it was, under the dining table. Thanks!

Still have the tuner problem, could not get a CD 2 on the tuner, but that's a minor issue.