Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Moth Invasion!

Just got back from our first outing of the year with our 25FB Flying Cloud. We spent three nights at John Martin State Park near Lamar, CO. The last night, we were inundated with moths. We killed over two dozen.

I need to figure out where they were coming in, and fix it. I found one in a storage compartment under the side bench in the living area. This is near the opening in the floor where the water line comes up from the fresh tank to the pump, and where hot and cold lines drop below the floor. So I suspect some or all the moths first found their way into the belly. I have crawled around underneath and have not found an obvious point of ingress.

There is a possible entry point at the rear street side corner of the fresh tank enclosure. I could hit that with some sealant.

There are larger openings at the sides of the area where the steps are mounted. But would bugs that got in there have a path into the interior of the trailer? This area is outboard of the main front-to-rear frame member.

All ideas and suggestions welcome. We really want to avoid a repeat of this experience.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote