Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Tempurpedic full queen works great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Moflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
We had 2 twin mattresses custom made in Winnipeg MB by Rest More. They are 8" with no foam of any type in them. I am allergic to foam, so they used the standard 5" coil system, with all batting on top, and a nominal amount on the bottom. Very firm and we get a great sleep. Took pattern into them on a Tuesday morning and picked up the new mattresses on Friday noon. Cost was $300.00 each. I think we got a great deal, as well as great mattresses.

CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
Went with the Sleep Number, RV Queen. May get one for the home. Wife likes it that much more than our tempurpedic.
Luigi123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
I've been hearing good things about sleep number beds, but don't you have to have 110 power for them to work? What happens when you're dry camping?

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Randy and Pat Godfrey
Region 3 2nd VP, Newsletter Editor, Florida Unit
WBCCI# 7591 - AIR# 17017
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #19

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
Originally Posted by SilverCabin View Post
I've been hearing good things about sleep number beds, but don't you have to have 110 power for them to work? What happens when you're dry camping?
Hmm... that's a good point. I don't have a Sleep Number in the RV but we do have one at home. Once our mattress is filled with air to the desired firmness it remains at that number for a very long period of time. I think you could unplug the unit and it would remain at that firmness until you wanted to change it. So I'm guessing that periods of dry camping would not pose a significant problem.

You could also use an appropriately sized inverter to take power from your batteries and convert it to 120 AC to run the Sleep Number pump/control. When the pump/control is plugged in it probably uses a small amount of power to keep its brain active but it's not as if the pump has to run regularly to maintain the pressure.

The above is speculation on my part based on my home experience. I'm sure somebody with direct experience will chime in here.

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote