Old 05-12-2016, 10:36 PM   #29
Currently Looking...
Rogers , Arkansas
Thanks everyone, I think we will give the 30 bunk a shot.

nwacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
On the other hand, our 25RB queen has one outside storage access on the street side which makes it handy for setting up for camp and towing. I don't think the amount of storage space is much different in either bed model, it's the access that is different. The single rear outside access gets us to our exterior camping stuff, lift the queen mattress for easy access to everything else without going outside.

There is another front side storage access that we drastically reduced in size for our recliner install, we keep our power stabilizer drill, CorrosionX and some lubes in there.

We found some long and narrow clear plastic storage boxes to fit through the little side access hatches which organizes gear nicely and makes it easier to retrieve through those little openings. We can put four of them in there, and I keep our wheel torque wrench and hitch wrenches just inside the hatch on an old braided rug, handy for crawling underneath if needed. All the ProPride hitch parts are bolted to the tongue and the receiver stays there as well. Works pretty well.
To us, the outside storage access IS a big deal, having had 2 earlier 25' models with only one outside access compartment. We have 3 now with our front twin, and it means not having to go inside to get at tools, propane hose's, for BBQ, 4-folding chairs, 8x10 outdoor carpet, folding table, fishing rod, tackle box, screened in room for picnic table, portable shade, hiking sticks, fresh water hoses, chocks, leveling blocks, electric drill for leveling jacks, portable propane bottles, TV cable, or tire covers....(did I miss something?) LoL
Anyway, I am sure they will discover the one that best suites their needs...we all adapt to our AS... Sounds like the 30' bunk may be a good choice...

gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #31
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Easy access to all that outdoor gear without going inside, or pulling it through all those little hatches. Tri-fold tonneau for complete access and ProPride hitch to allows space to drop the tailgate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0374.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	262511  
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Hopefully I'm not repeating anything as I may have missed some of the posts on this thread.

Since this is such a big change for the OP in terms of trailer size I would highly suggest purchasing a newer but used unit. This way if it doesn't suit your needs you won't lose as much money selling it as you would compared to a new unit.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:19 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Originally Posted by nwacamper View Post
Thanks everyone, I think we will give the 30 bunk a shot.
Good choice! No slide outs?

Are you getting one for this summer, or longer term planning?

Happy Trails . . .

OTRA15 is online now   Reply With Quote