Old 05-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Sandy , Utah
I have to agree with the others. The 25FB is our first trailer. I would not want to try and stay in it with another couple. We have had a grandchild once. She is little and slept with "Nana" in the main bed. I slept on the lounge bed. There is no way another couple could sleep comfortably on either the dinette bed or the lounge bed. Outside storage is also a real problem for me. I solved that by buying a pickup to tow with. That said I will say that for my wife and I the 25FB works great.

rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Snoqualmie , Washington
agree with ohters

we have a FC 25FB and I am of the opinion (like others) - that this is a great 2 person trailer --- but think littler undersized for a family of 4 (unless all camping is in good weather --- where you truly are outdoors all the time).

Anders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Laramie , Wyoming
Agree with Brian. Our son had an '05 30' bunkhouse when his boys (our grandsons) were growing up and it was very comfortable for all.

As far as our '25 FB is concerned, it's comfortable with 6 for cocktails, 4 for dinner and just the 2 of us for sleeping.
Antique Pedaler
'64 Bambi II, '10 Flying Cloud FB
'05 GMC Pickup, '11 Touareg TDI
Santana tandem bike
WBCCI # 4181 VAC member
Antique Pedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Woodinville , Washington
Welcome, NWACamper ---

Two years ago, my sweetie & I bought a 2015 32 ft Forest River 5th wheel, approx. 9K lbs dry w/2 slide-outs. One trip with which left us believing we had made a BIG mistake. Fortunately, we bought it new at substantially off MSRP & found an AS dealer (in CA) who was willing to take it on a trade-in against our eventual AS at only $5K less than we paid for it. My $5K mistake. Ouch!

We spent two mornings on successive weekends going to our local AS dealer (in WA) & spending time in AS trailers from 23 to 30 feet. On our first visit, we came back thinking 23 or possibly 25. On our second visit, we ruled out the 23 as too small & 28 & the 30, because we didn't like the dinette's location across from the kitchen --- although I've read lots of posts on this Forum from others who find it ideal for them. That left us with the 25 vs the 27.

I should say that I was shopping on the Internet pretty much throughout the US for deals on a new 25 or a 27, and many, many AS dealers with whom I spoke recommended the 27 over the 25, at an increase in price of approx. $5K & an increase in weight of (only) approx. 600 lbs. The main advantages were a north/south, walk-around bed vs an east/west bed (guaranteed to making you hit your head on the overhead storage bin when getting out in the middle of the night & having your partner having to crawl over you when getting out of bed --- plus, according to my sweetie, the walk-around bed's being a lot easy to make --- and if my sweetie finds some feature advantageous, it behooves me to attend to it) and the increased foot or so in the kitchen & its opposite hanging locker). Needless to say, we got the 27 and have not regretted it for a moment.

Caution: I've also read lot of posts on this Forum from other who find the 25 ideal.

I might add that both my sweetie (in her prior marriage) and I (in my prior marriage) had RVs, and particularly after my 5th wheel fiasco, I wanted to buy "my last RV" & not find myself a year or two later wanting to trade my "current" RV in for something else. I can't tell you how many RV dealers told us about the usual RV buyer, whom they see a year later wanting "something larger, better, etc." So far, our FC 27 FB appears (thankfully) to be "our last RV."

Perhaps I should also add that while we don't travel with children or (human) friends, we have two dogs, one of whom is a 150+ lb Great Dane (bless his waggy-tail soul, cold, wet nose, & floppy ears & jowls), & he occupies the bench seat directly under the TV in the living area, while we share the opposite sides of the dinette.

We bought a 2015 Ram 2500 diesel for the 5th wheel, which worked OK with it, but pulls the AS 27 as if it were not there. At the recommendation of our local AS dealer, we bought (on the Internet) a Blue Ox Sway Pro, which I found remarkably simple to install and use.

My best to you in however you proceed.
Alta & Richard, Seattle area --- WBCCI 8877
"Aurum": 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4 Diesel
"Argentum": 2016 AS FC 27 FB
"BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"Megan" (aka "LittleDog"): F Shih Tzu, 15 lb
WL7Z --- NAUI --- WSBA
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Gotta agree with most everyone here. Your F250 will pull any Airstream easily. You NEED a good weight distrust ion anti sway hitch. I use a Blue OX and it's great and relatively easy to use. We have a 27 ft FC and it's perfect for my wife and me, slightly less perfect on occasions when our 21 yr old daughter comes with us. Our dachshunds abslutely love it.

Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
We pull our FC 25 FB Twin with a 2016 F150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost with Max Tow Package just fine. I agree with all above about the sway bars.....use them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twinlakes.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	262339  
D2LLIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Holly Springs , Mississippi
I've got a 25'FC, and it's perfect for us, but I do believe the 27' is the true "sweet spot." I wanted to use an F-150 because it's my daily driver, but with your 250 you have the perfect combination. We;ll done!
Bob662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master
2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Have the 27FB with just the 2 of us mostly. However my adult son and brother in-law camped with us for a week last year. The biggest hassle is the nightly tearing down the dinette to make their beds then put it all away in the am so we could use the dinette for meals. Additionally storage is pretty inadequate for 4 adults and their stuff.

The 27FB (and maybe the 25FB) does have a nifty slide out bed along the sofa large enough for one adult or maybe two small children. Does not require tear down of the dinette.
kscherzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:16 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
St Paul , MN
We have the 25' - it's tight for more than two and although we've had 6 for dinner - it's tight too! You will have to travel light if you have more than 2 humans and while storage in the truck works - it's still a hassle unless you are super-organized and don't mind standing in the rain for the thing you most need in the bin nearest the cab. Sleeping comfortably on the pull out couch - works only after the four for cocktails have left - or you are willing to bring along a bulky foam mattress type pad that takes up too much storage. It can be done in a 25' but remember those VW commercials where people kept piling out of the Beetle?
Seemore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
One last comment for either 25' or 27'; the new twin bed models have 3 or 4 outside storage bins, depending on front or rear bed location. The rear twin bed configuration has the 4. All of these are a big plus for storage over the older models. We have plenty outside storage now with bed of pick up used for lounge chair and 2 bins to hold our camping equipment. Works for us.
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #25
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
On the other hand, our 25RB queen has one outside storage access on the street side which makes it handy for setting up for camp and towing. I don't think the amount of storage space is much different in either bed model, it's the access that is different. The single rear outside access gets us to our exterior camping stuff, lift the queen mattress for easy access to everything else without going outside.

There is another front side storage access that we drastically reduced in size for our recliner install, we keep our power stabilizer drill, CorrosionX and some lubes in there.

We found some long and narrow clear plastic storage boxes to fit through the little side access hatches which organizes gear nicely and makes it easier to retrieve through those little openings. We can put four of them in there, and I keep our wheel torque wrench and hitch wrenches just inside the hatch on an old braided rug, handy for crawling underneath if needed. All the ProPride hitch parts are bolted to the tongue and the receiver stays there as well. Works pretty well.
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:57 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
A lot of owners of the 25 and 27 floorplans complain about the dinette/side lounge comfort for watching TV or reading. You'll miss your couches and easy recliners.

I'm tearing out the curbside dinette seat on my 25fb to install a Lambright recliner.

2008 Classic 25fb "Silver Mistress"
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. Crew Cab, 4x4, Silver
2010 Tundra 5.7L, Double Cab, 2wd, White
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:45 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member
2006 25' Safari FB SE
Mercer Island , Washington
Our experience in the 25' FB is perfect for:

2 for sleeping
4 for dining
6 for cocktails
10 for Karaoke party that's out of this world.

Nightly tearing down of table for a bed is a bit of a hassle, unfortunately.
btowntincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:34 PM   #28
Currently Looking...
Rogers , Arkansas
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
A 40' 5th wheel with four slide-outs?

The Titanic !

Don't you know it lol!!!

nwacamper is offline   Reply With Quote