Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
Living Riveted

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Carnegie , Pennsylvania
Lights on AC cord AND on trailer outlet lid not lighting

My 2014 flying cloud (19 foot) has been parked in my driveway for about a month, and plugged into my home via an adapter I got at airstream. Everything has been great, except yesterday I noticed the blue light on the lid where the cable connects to the airstream was not lit (I am sure it had been lit previously). So, today I did the usual checking inside my home to make sure I hadn't blown a fuse for that part of the house.

After that was not the issue, I checked the fuses inside the airstream and the breakers - all good. I even reset each breaker.

I have tried different outlets outside of my home, and for each the light on the lid is no longer lighting. I also noticed the lights on the other end of the cord are not lit (not sure if they should be lit).

When I plug it into an outlet, I can hear a click on the airstream so I think it recognizes it, but at this point I'm not sure what to do. I have a trip next weekend, so trying to resolve and hope someone can help.

1) do I need a new cord?
2) is it possible the lights are not working (on the lid and the cord) but the airstream is still getting electricity?

Any help is much appreciated.
Arnoldjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Is your use/store switch in 'use'?
Do you have power inside the trailer? lights, microwave, radio etc.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
Living Riveted

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Carnegie , Pennsylvania
Yes, I have power but not sure if from batteries or not. Yes I'm in use mode.

We've had crazy rains here....maybe that affected the lights? But on both the cord and trailer?

Trying to decide if I need a new cord even if I am getting power through the cord.
Arnoldjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
If you have AC power inside the trailer it works. There are other threads on this, including a current one. Those LED's fail but it does not affect the cord. Mine failed after about 6 trips. They cannot be repaired. You do not need a new cord.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldjeff View Post
Yes, I have power but not sure if from batteries or not. Yes I'm in use mode.

We've had crazy rains here....maybe that affected the lights? But on both the cord and trailer?

Trying to decide if I need a new cord even if I am getting power through the cord.
If you have power to the microwave your cord is good. If you are in 'store' and the lights come on, your cord is good.

If you are just asking about the small LED lights on the power cord, they may or may not work. They're nice to have but don't affect the cord's performance. If you're plugged in and the microwave, tv and other AC appliances come on, you're good to go.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
sequim , Washington
the indicator light went out on the lid for me some months ago. apparently this is quite a common occurrence. my dealer just replaced the entire unit under warranty. call you dealer.
reelfastgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Classic
Ivanhoe , Virginia
Those lights are diodes and they are burned out. Coverd by manufacturer for 5 years (Furrion). Call them and they will send to you with return instructions, unless your dealer can handle. Does not affect the operation, only a visual sign that electricity is working. Handy at night, i suppose.
senioryakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
If you are worried about power to the trailer get a surge protector (you should already have one anyway) that has a light on it. When it gets plugged in the light on it should light and the one on the cord won't matter.

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
I have had two power cords and two shore power sockets with LEDs that failed. They all worked normally after the LED failures. (shore power was not affected) They were replaced with no problem, once when returned to the dealer and once to Jackson Center for warranty work. The cords and the sockets work just fine without the LEDs, but I prefer it when the LEDs work as advertised.

You can tell when the AC power is out when the red lights on the TVs go out, and the Microwave doesn't work, assuming you don't have the inverter powered up.
Freq Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:28 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
I think the Furrion's are POS's... I had one LED fail after about a year and the independent rep I worked with sent me a replacement in 3 days.
I had the same one fail earlier this year, and when asked why I wanted it replaced, I mentioned that I thought it was covered under a 5 year warranty. The rep said it was, only if I had purchased it at full price. I asked what the difference was as it is the same one that Airstream installed. His response was "it was purchased at a discounted price so there is no extended warranty"....
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote