Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2011 23' Flying Cloud
Flagstaff , Arizona
Leaky fresh water tank

I have a 2011 23ft rear bed Flying Cloud. It seems like the fresh tank is losing water when I drive. I fill it at a campsite, drive a bunch, then check it when boondocking and the tank reads around 3/4 to 5/8. Where did the water go? There is no sign of leakage when I park the AS. When I get home, I will fill the tank and let it sit several days to see if something is leaking in my driveway but right now I am baffled.
scubadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
If you don't see any evidence of leaking, maybe it is not leaking at all and you just have a bad level sensor.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Do you ever find that there is unexpected water in your grey or black tanks at the end of one of these drives? You might try putting plugs in your sink and bath drains to see if water is accumulating there. It could be some kind of inertial effect where you step on the gas, and the water in your tank has enough "slosh" that it rises through a line (of course, you would have to leave a faucet open as well for this to happen).
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Winemaker

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Avila Beach , California
I have a 2012 28ft Flying Cloud and had the exact same problem. In my case I had left one of the quarter turn drain valves open from my winterizing process. Funny that it mostly only leaked when I was driving and not when I was parked.
rgwatkin is offline   Reply With Quote