Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-Current Flying Cloud

Old 01-02-2016, 07:44 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Blacksburg , Virginia
The reason I thought the furnace was drawing 15 amps is that when the furnace kicked on I watched the Trimetric amp display increase by 15 amps. For example, the base reading would go from 1.8 amps to 16.8 amps. I concluded the increase to be due to the furnace because nothing else was added.

I am going to take Lew's advise and check the furnace with a meter.

Buzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We have solar (1 single 53 watt pane, factory) and two group 24 Lifeline batteries. But even with solar to recharge your batteries on a bright sunny day, it all depends on just how healthy your batteries are. To conserve battery power and life we usually use a portable catalytic heater to get our Bambi toasty, then turn it off when we go to bed and set the furnace to 50 or 55 for the night .... and use a down comforter. We are comfortable all night, and the furnace may come on once or twice, depending on outside temps. Then in the early AM we'll restart the catalytic heater to take the chill off. We could use the furnace more but it does draw on the batteries more than anything else in your rig. We just finished up the 4-night 4CU dry camping NY's Rally with nights in the mid-to-high 30s and we were fine...did not need the gennies once. Try not to deplete your batteries less than 50% max...we try to go no lower than 75%.

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member
2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Taft , Texas
We've been at this for nine years. We bought our Honda 3000 generator even before we got the AS. We've never been sorry for that $2,000 investment.
It will idle for at least twelve hours allowing you to use everything but the A/C all night.
If you use the A/C do not use the eco mode which can damage your A/C. Let it run on the fast mode and be prepared to fill it up before you go to sleep, and first thing in the morning.

Matt & Virginia Kline
On Nueces Bay, near Portland TX
2010 FC23FB
2016 F-350 6.7 Diesel (Overkill and loving it)
Matt Kline is offline   Reply With Quote