Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
HDMI "L Connector" Failures

One of the first issues I had with the new trailer was no DVD player in the main living area so after spending several hours trying to sort out the unmarked mess of wiring I finally bypassed the video switch and wired it direct to the DVD player. All of my connectors are now identified and marked.

I have it in for service and they call to say all has been repaired. So I drive over to check everything out and now the bunk TV does not receive the DVD signal. I was told by the service technician that he had replaced an HDMI L adaptor at the main TV and replaced the HDMI L adaptor at the video switch for the bunk TV along with a broken cable at the bunk TV and everything was of course working just a few hours earlier. I am sure it was. Probably stopped working when he put it all back together.

He pulled the video switch out again and replaced yes the third HDMI L adaptor. This time he used a quality name brand Monster Cable HDMI L adaptor.

I will be ordering at least 7 more Monster Cable brand L adaptors to replace all of the other cheap ones as the factory ones don't seem to work or last.

$10 each at Amazon.com: Monster Advanced HDMI 1080P Right-Angle Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Guess the factory is probably paying .50 if that for the cheap ones that came on mine.

Neither I nor the service technician could change anything on the Video switch either direct or with the remote. It would appear that it just senses what ever is plugged in regardless of what the instructions say.
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote