Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #21

2018 25' International
Monticello , Mississippi
I bought mine from Foley last month and must say, they were wonderfully patient and helpful with me allowing me to stay overnight and overseeing my hooking and unhooking technique the next day. Is is actually at Foley again while they take care of some minor tweaking for me. Not only am I PAINFULLY new to Airstreams, I don't have much RV experience at all. I am also very new to the forum and feeling my way around. The information on use of Corrosion-X as a preventative, while you experienced folks take this knowledge for granted, was an exciting pearl of wisdom for me. The Nyalic coating for a sealant sounds like something I should also apply. I checked on Amazon, but did not see it. Is there another source from which I can purchase? Thanks everyone for your generousity in sharing!
Mshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:12 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...31743-164.html

Here is what you new guys need to scan through for info on corrosion. Nyalic is covered in there also. BIG post, but everything you wanted to know about aluminum Airstreams and filiform corrosion. For Nyalic, Google the word and order directly from the factory.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:56 AM   #23
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshen View Post
I bought mine from Foley last month and must say, they were wonderfully patient and helpful with me allowing me to stay overnight and overseeing my hooking and unhooking technique the next day. Is is actually at Foley again while they take care of some minor tweaking for me. Not only am I PAINFULLY new to Airstreams, I don't have much RV experience at all. I am also very new to the forum and feeling my way around. The information on use of Corrosion-X as a preventative, while you experienced folks take this knowledge for granted, was an exciting pearl of wisdom for me. The Nyalic coating for a sealant sounds like something I should also apply. I checked on Amazon, but did not see it. Is there another source from which I can purchase? Thanks everyone for your generousity in sharing!

Welcome and congratulations neighbor, hope to see you along your travels. Buccaneer State Park is a nice place to spend cold winter days in January and February.

J Nelson
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Maitland , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson428 View Post
Welcome and congratulations neighbor, hope to see you along your travels. Buccaneer State Park is a nice place to spend cold winter days in January and February.
We're staying at Buccaneer for two nights after picking up our Airstream at Foley's. Wanted a longer shakedown before heading back to Orlando. It looks like a nice place!
FreshAirStmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #25

2018 25' International
Monticello , Mississippi
Thought I would stay at Buccaneer myself before heading back home after getting back my AS. It's a lovely place and usually take a little drive- thru when visiting Bay St. Louis. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a chance to test all the systems while still in the vicinity of Foley as a back up. I spoke with Blake yesterday, who told me they were finally attending to mine and were waiting on a shipment of LEDs to come in. I am pretty anxious to get her home and start the corrosion prevention program, as I am a firm believer in " an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". I have lived long enough to prove this!
Nelson428, nice to know you are close by! I have lived in your town and worked in Hattiesburg. Love that area!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
Just about have everything loaded back into the trailer and organized. Looks like this week's projects are installing the new charger/converter and an HDMI switch so I can use my WDTV and movie HD's.

Also thinking about upgrading the subwoofer 😳

Keith
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Southeastern Camping Unit, WBCCI #1675
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:22 PM   #27
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAirStmr View Post
We're staying at Buccaneer for two nights after picking up our Airstream at Foley's. Wanted a longer shakedown before heading back to Orlando. It looks like a nice place!

I will start my winter camping at Paul B Johnson December 1st and Buccaneer December 17th till the cold weather is gone. If you are at either place look for me and we will visit, it's always nice to visit with other airstreamers.

J Nelson
🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #28

2018 25' International
Monticello , Mississippi
I hope I'll get the chance to stop in and get aquainted! Very nice parks and close by! Thanks for your kind invitation!