Old 08-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Pennington , New Jersey
trading in our 27ft Flying Cloud for a 2014 Flying Cloud Bunk - We have had it with our kids (5 and 9 yrs) falling out of the goucho bed in the middle of the night- one of them slept on the goucho and the other slept on the dinette bed- we rotated them between the dinette bed and the goucho when the first one fell out. They also went on a camping strike...saying it was no fun because of the sleeping situation.

We are looking forward to giving them a permanent sleeping area with their own space.

patentguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Canaan , New Hampshire
We currently have a 25FB that we are trading for a 2014 Flying Cloud bunk (pick up in 2 weeks).

We have 1 daughter and have had several rv's since her birth. Up until about a year or so ago it didn't matter what we had she would sleep anywhere. Now, almost always she brings a friend or two. We have a travasac so making the bed is as easy as pulling the sofa out and throwing the travasac and pillows on. The bed situation is not the problem. Our daughter and her friend(s) like to stay up late watching tv and playing games. We like to go to bed early and get up early so we have to quietly make the coffee and go outside so as to not wake them up.

I had suggested to my husband that we give our daughter our room and we sleep on the sofa but he wanted nothing to do with that because he would "get stuck" sleeping on the inside next to the cold wall and having to climb over me to go to the bathroom.

Now with the bunk we all have a "bedroom". The other thing that will be nice is that our daughter has been told to keep all her "stuff" in her space as we are tired of having it on the dinette table! The bunk area has some cubbies so she can store her iPod, iPad and all her things that she must drag along with her.

I am a little bummed about loosing the pano windows but the pros to the bunk house out weigh the cons. Beside I was surprised at how much light comes in to the living area so I may not miss them at all.

dbms_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
you dog!! we still are waiting 6 more weeks to pick ours up!! have fun!

Quick question...does anyone know if the bunkhouse unit if you dont opt for the TV in the bunkhouse if it is easy to fit yourself the TV later...or just bend over and take it for 600 bucks now...?
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #32
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Canaan , New Hampshire
We bought ours from the Hershey RV show. We drove 8 hours each way just to look at it. We were prepared to order it and wait but the one at the show was what we wanted.

As for the TV I would call the factory and ask if it comes pre-wired. The one we bought had 3 TV's. Sorry I can't help more than that.

dbms_l is offline   Reply With Quote