Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegs View Post
I have a WiFi Verizon internet hotspot. I just can't figure out how to hook the tv to it. The only setup network option is "wired". No wireless option. Under wired it wants me to enter ip addresses etc. I would think there should be a way to enter the wireless router name and password. Any suggestions?

The TV isn't a "smart" TV?

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
The Plains , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post

i guess I need to read the manual I've never owned a "smart" TV, but what I did was turn on the TV, change to HDMI, turn on the HDMI remote and up came icons for Netflix and other streaming sites. I tried to set up a wireless network connection but all I can find on the HDMI setup is for a wired connection. Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but how would I find out if I have a "smart" tv that has wireless capability?

I'm getting back to the pile of paper that came with the trailer. Everything is so new it's a bit overwhelming.
whitegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:19 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post

If the TV has Netflix and other app type options on the TV itself then it would be considered a smart TV. I do not have one in my 2015 but I can only go by the OP's description.

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitegs View Post
i guess I need to read the manual I've never owned a "smart" TV, but what I did was turn on the TV, change to HDMI, turn on the HDMI remote and up came icons for Netflix and other streaming sites. I tried to set up a wireless network connection but all I can find on the HDMI setup is for a wired connection. Maybe I'm just plain dumb, but how would I find out if I have a "smart" tv that has wireless capability?

I'm getting back to the pile of paper that came with the trailer. Everything is so new it's a bit overwhelming.
Quickest way would be to find out the model of the TV and then search on the Internet. I am assuming that they are still using Samsung TV's. If so you can go to the Menu then look for Network setup. If you have wireless built in it would be listed in this menu. Some models show a wireless option in the menu but it is greyed out and you are unable to select it. In that case the TV does not have it.

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
I went to Walmart and bought a wireless Blu-Ray player and it works great. Also got an HDMI switch that allows me to switch between Dish Network and Blu-Ray player. Otherwise you are physically changing cables which is almost impossible without pulling the Blu-Ray player out.
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:07 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Kennesaw , Georgia
We also have a new 28FC. If you have one AC you will find the generator connection up front on the driver side. If you have a 2nd AC there is no front generator hook up provided.
dugster is offline   Reply With Quote