Old 05-23-2015, 11:49 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeboxfun View Post
All the different models have their pros and cons. Unfortunately you don't really know your level of satisfaction until you own it and have slept in it for some time. Here are some things I know now, that I didn't know before owning a 25' flying cloud rear bedroom twin.

1. The fridge cooling fan is loud, I switched mine to 2 Silenx fans. So maybe I should have bought a model that had a roof vent instead? No fan in those.

2. The rear twins are not as big as they seem at first, this is due to the curved end of the trailer with the likewise curved mattress. Yes they are long enough, but it would be nice if they were wider. Maybe I should have bought a queen bed model?

3. The shower floor is small due to the wheel well. The seat over the well is pointless. Maybe I shoud have bought a model with a rear bath?

4. The toilet is round and small. Elongated would be better, however I don't think any of the models offer that!
Interesting observations.

Are the fridge fans a component of the refrigerator or something associated with the coach? Good to know that they can be made less obtrusive.

I don't know if the toilet is elongated in the 30' models, but that bathroom is long enough to accommodate an elongated toilet (upgrade?) if desired. The feel of the toilet seat may seem like a small matter, but a comfortable toilet seat is one of life's minor pleasures!

Old 05-24-2015, 02:24 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post

Are the fridge fans a component of the refrigerator or something associated with the coach? Good to know that they can be made less obtrusive.

I don't know if the toilet is elongated in the 30' models, but that bathroom is long enough to accommodate an elongated toilet (upgrade?) if desired. The feel of the toilet seat may seem like a small matter, but a comfortable toilet seat is one of life's minor pleasures!
In the 25 ft the fridge fans are only in the rear bed. FB has roof vent.

George

Old 05-24-2015, 05:37 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Anyway, back to the decor, which was I think the original point. The International interior is a more sophisticated look, however you pay dearly for that look. The look and style does make a difference though, we bought a flying cloud over a sport model in part because of how the interior finishes looked.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post

The current model 25' "Rear Bed" International has the larger bathroom and toilet area with window from the 30'.

The space for this has been taken from the side lounge bench, which has one fewer side window/dormer and a shorter couch and is notably "cozier"
Old 05-24-2015, 11:00 AM   #19
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
We didn't like the floor color in the International. That tanish yellow is just hideous, we replaced ours with a white oak color, and it has made a huge difference in the brightness of the Airstream when all the windows are open.

(don't have a good photo presently that doesn't have a giant 5 on it.)
Old 05-24-2015, 11:54 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
We like the flooring on the current International Serenity. The brown wood-like color is very practical as it does not show every spec of dirt that is inevitable in a camping trailer:

The 30' model, at least, is very bright and light, especially with the three vista view windows over the dinette area and the large central skylight.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #21
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I have always liked the layout of the 28 with that side dinette + the couch towards the front. They put that layout in the 25fter once upon a time.

I just wish they'd find a way to swap it around with that layout in a front bedroom configuration. I liked the light Serenity interior but my wife hated that orangish wall.

Can't win them all. lol
Old 05-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Note that the Vista View windows are above the awning.

cheryl
Old 05-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckottum View Post
Note that the Vista View windows are above the awning.

cheryl
Yes indeed. I like that. And they have a nice shade on them if you don't want that much light.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
I think they are all amazing inside. FC is beautiful, we chose the signature for the dark wood, as we simply just liked it. But it seems you can't go wrong with any of them.

Also, I think the toilet is too small period, but I don't live on it, soo...... But they could have given us boys a little extra room up front eh? Wonder if the toilet could be changed..hmmmm...
Old 05-24-2015, 01:40 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
Further, what really one us over on the signature was looking at photos from the blog just5moreminutes.com She packs items of color into the cabinets, and with the lights inside, they make for some interesting visual appeal, and I really liked that concept.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:45 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Just mentioned the Vista views because of the solar heat they provide. Some southern purchasers have opted to delete the skylight on their factory order for that reason.

Another note on the overhead opaque cabinet doors, there will be lots of stuff inside when in actual use, rather than display.

cheryl
Old 05-24-2015, 01:48 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
I find this thread interesting for the fact that it shows that everyone has a different taste and Airstream tries to provide a product that matches what we want. There is one main drawback for us when it comes to the International line and that is the sliding doors on the overhead cabinets. They always look good in the photos when they are empty and the lights are on but what do they look like when you fill them up with your basic "stuff".

We like the hinged doors that do not let people see all the boxes and bowls and basic traveling junk that we pack. We also like the lighter look of the light wood against the black interiors of some. But again, to each his own. I do think that some of the International coaches do appear to be built of higher quality counter tops, flooring and window coverings. But then, they also cost more.

One last thing. I personally would avoid a fridge that was not vented to the roof. There seem to be a lot of complaints about fans running long and loud in some of the newer trailers. Mine does not make a sound, no fan.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
The fridge fan is a non-issue to us. It allows us allows us to have a practical and convenient convection/microwave oven over our fridge, rather than a fridge vent out the roof.

We also have a propane range top and oven when needed.

The factory fan is indeed noisy, but it is easily and inexpensively replaceable with a fan you cannot hear.

We put this one in place of the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3157.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	239112