Old 01-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #99
4 Rivet Member
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Originally Posted by 2012FB View Post
First trip and more issues!!

Boy am I just stupid for not going through everything with a fine tooth comb.

I am going to schedule a dealer visit for when we get back. I am determined to have the dealer correct every little thing even if I redo it later. I am pissed that Airstream just gets away with it.
Couple more things to check:

After several nights of waking up to the loud furnace I noticed that it had a rhythmic vibration that would permeate throughout the trailer. Went outside and put my hand on the unit and it is very noticeable.

The Zone 2 HP mode would randomly at startup really rattle the roof in the main bedroom.

I just visited the dealer to have him preview the issues in order to get approval for the repairs and order parts:

1) Crack in UL on the top outside of the door/hall corner dinette.
2) Video switch not working.
3) All of the edge banding in the cubby holes needs to be redone. He explained and showed me where a piece was simply hanging down that the plastic edge banding is pushed into a slot in the wood and to be held there by one way cleats. There is an obvious manufacturing and/or material issue (slot too wide, trim cleats to narrow and/or shallow) from what I could tell. If it were me I would put it in place with glue and pop a temporary holding plate into the opening to insure it is properly formed into the corners and permanent. Should probably do it with the material cold.
4) Flat trim pieces were coming off the vertical supports between the overhead cabinets. Not properly glued.
5) Significant noise/vibration in the furnace.

2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #100
Rivet Master
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Dealer prep

I must say, my dealer spent hours checking on almost all systems which were essential for the trailer to be operational with minimal glitches. The furnace does tend to create havoc when first used, but only once. Other wise almost all complaints are little things, details, which are simply a characteristic of the assembly line, that is, not very high level of inspection before final delivery.

Overall, it has no real problems. I would caution anyone about digging into the wiring of the sound system without first grasping the fundamental plan at Airstream....apparently....depending on what type of spaghetti and sauce was eaten the night before, this determines the appearance of the wiring harness for the sound system. This is the only reasonable explanation I can find for the incredible confusion behind the head unit in an AS. Please take with a grain of salt....

Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote