Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Ed,

That is awesome! Congratulations! We've been taking lots of weekend trips to Wisconsin (Kettle Moraine, Mirror Lake, Bong Recreation Area). At the end of August we're headed to Michigan (Mackinac Island) for our first week+-long excursion.

We joined WBCCI (roaming status-not part of a certain region). Not sure if we'll take advantage of the various rallies this year.

I am not aware of a Chicago group. We'd love to meet up someday though! We live on the Northwest side on Foster near Elston.

Jamie

Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The local Chicagoland WBCCI group is the Northern Illinois Unit. We have a home base at Amboy but meet up to 10 times a year for various functions at near and far locations. We have about 65 couples and singles in the club this year. We have a Rally in Galena next weekend. Look us up on our website at :Northern Illinois
for the details or give me a call at 815-344-1375. Several of our members are also members of the local Airforums group.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
Maybe we should try to get the Chicago people together for a couple of days this fall so we can meet each other. Okay, I'm not "technically" in Chicago, but very close! It would be fun to meet some of the recent owners and share our experiences (and compare our trailers). Maybe Chain O' Lakes? October 22-23?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert claus View Post
Maybe we should try to get the Chicago people together for a couple of days this fall...

It would be fun to meet some of the recent owners and share our experiences (and compare our trailers). Maybe Chain O' Lakes? October 22-23?
I'd be able to swing something like that - nice n' close for us urbanites. It'd be good to meet you all!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Jerry and I would enjoy meeting Chicago Airstreamers. We have been out in our Bambi for 5 weeks and will return home in about a week. I am sure by October, we will be ready to go again.

All the best,
Caryl
Old 10-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
Get together on 10/14?

Okay,
Caryl, Bredlo, asianmack, and all Chicago area Airstreamers - the forecast for next weekend is seasonal - good! We're planning to head up to Chain O' Lakes State Park on Friday 10/14 for two nights. Only an hour away! If anyone wants to get together to compare trailers, notes, and stories, it would be great. We haven't been able to get out much this year, so we're looking forward to it. We should be in Honeysuckle Hollow around site 100. The stable should be open, so we can go horseback riding!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00033.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	141969  
Old 10-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Evanston , Illinois
Jerry and I would love to come. We have plans for next weekend, but we are free Oct. 22 weekend. We would hate to abandon those plans for next weekend because tickets have been purchased. $$ Drats!

Caryl
Old 10-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Chicago , Illinois
Hi all, unfortunately we're putting the trailer away for the season. I know it's early yet! Happy camping everyone!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
We're still planning to go this weekend. If anyone else shows, that's great. Maybe we can do a season kick-off in the spring - let's reconnect in April and set up a date that works for more of us.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
This past week-end, ther were 2 AS rallys in northern Illinois. One inPecatonica (between Rockford and Freeport) and the other in Amboy. Amboy was a WBCCI rally and the one in Pec was a mix of WBCCI, TAC, and some that don't belong to either.
We had a great ime in Pec, there were 9 units with one from Oregon. Most of the units at Pec were from the Chicago area.
ALL ASers are welcome and we have had several future ASers join us>
Watch for us in the spring:"

mike WBCCI /AIRFORUM 27937 TAC Ia 10
Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Here's where we camped one night within the Chicago city limits. We stopped by to visit friends on the way home from Alaska. My friend told all the neighbors we were friends and even called the local police precinct to let them know so we wouldn't have someone knocking on the door in the middle of the night.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
I need to make a correction to Airtransdem posting.

The Northern Illinois Unit of the WBCCI did not have its rally last weekend. The rally will be this weekend, October 14th -16th. We hope to have weather almost as good as they had at Pecatonica. We certainly will have more members coming and we will all have a good time. We welcome anyone to come out and see for yourself whether belonging to WBCCI is worth the price.

WBCCI has 1,500 events per year you can attend. We have 10 local events per year. WBCCI has both caravans and Special Event rallies not available from just a local camping club. We also have a magazine that you receive 10 times per year and insurance. We have courtesy parking and Airstream parks in some states. If you can only camp locally, because of your work situations, you might just want to just associate with a local camping club.

I have been a member of WBCCI for 17 years and have made good use of my membership.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Next April would be good for Turkey Run (Ind )or Walnut Point (IL) or Chain of Lakes.(IL) Or a get together w/o trailers the 30th Oct. @ Chain Lakes. Depending on Weather ? We work Sat. But a Sunday picnic ? Trailer is in Storeage.But with this Nice weather still itching to get out.
Congrats on your new Trailer.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Island Lake , Illinois
A late congrats on your AS asianmack. I too always thought alcohol free camping was a silly thing..ruf-riders or whatever.
Chain-o-Lakes doesn't have great water quality~so you've done good to hit southern Wisconsin. It's a breeze traveling once north of the Chain-o anyway. (173 on up).
Taking the big hwy from Chicago yet? Heck, fire up the GPS 'n take the backroads north of said 'n honk at cows justa say hi. I moved to McHenry County from Niles, DesPlanes area in 1970 and never looked back...areas you've mentioned have at times been my ol' stomping ground(s).
It's nice going to a pub for pizza or burger without much concern of getting mugged/join in local convo of fish stories 'n the like actually close to your home.
If you do the Bong trip again and need a lunch stop before arrival..try the Brat Stop. It's the exit right before (me thinks) the get off for Bong. You can see the hwy from the parking lot...that's oodles of room mid day times. Average price of just off the slab hwy prices, but sure to impress. ~or drop the trailer at Bong 'n enjoy the nightlife challenge for din din, live music...justin case mentioned. Phooey on missing the sunrise I say.
My AS is staying at a campground just east of that Bohners Lake, just east of Bong till I roll it.
Spring Ima thinking of rounding the gauntlet of Chicago to hit Michigan. Something of hitting the Strawberry Fest(s) just sits well with me. 'n dunes east of? I have my fathers WW2 woolen blanket at the ready to relive a time in life beach bummin'.
~If I miss the strawberries, there is blueberry, Morel mushroom seasons to focus on.
Steak or pancakes/waffles? hmmm.
~~you may be sick of by now, but closes my eyes and hears the drone of mass convo, the caw of gulls on a warming my blue lips post swim ona itchy woolen. Gimmie dat.
~tips me hat

Tags
19', 2011, flying cloud