Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Middleton , Idaho
Bed Linens

We will pick up our 20' Flying Cloud on Thursday and need to find bed linens. I see that I can buy them from Airstream. Is this the best option? We have a front bed (48" x 78") on our model. Thank you!
ManitouMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
There have been several threads here about what to use. Some want that 'perfect fit' and others (like us) are using regular sheets and the flat 'sheet bungees' you can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Bedding Gadgets - Laptop Stand, Lap Desk, Bed Risers & Bedside Caddy - BedBathandBeyond.com

You can also search all the forums for "fitted sheets" and get a variety of opinions, here's one link:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f39/...es-101802.html
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Check out...
AB Lifestyles

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rochester , Minnesota
I think I may have found a solution for those who suffer from mismatched sheet/matress combos and those with the infamous tough-to-make beds.

I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond today and next to the sheets were a variety of different clips for sheeting and bedding. Some clipped all for corners, some pulled top to bottom etc. all were on the underside of the matress and they claimed that they would even turn a flat sheet into a fitted one and they work for any matress including boats, RVs, water beds and air mattresses.

I would think it is worth checking into. I have my fingers crossed that they will turn Twin XL sheets into the right size for my FC twin model coming in April.

In any case, Google: "sheet clips" or "sheet suspenders." I have found them online at both Bed, Bath and Beyond and Amazon.

Happy hunting.

If I only had a dollar for every time I got distracted, I wish I had a puppy.
LucaBluPlus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rochester , Minnesota
Goodness, I have no idea how I missed your post, Rich. I guess it doesn't hurt to second your motion though.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
"I would think it is worth checking into. I have my fingers crossed that they will turn Twin XL sheets into the right size for my FC twin model coming in April."

What is the measurement on your FC twin Mattresses? I have a converted to twin FB Safari 25 and the twin measures 34 x 78. I have been satisfied with a deep pocket regular twin sheet which has a little more give with the fitted mattress sheet. I do not think you will have any problems finding twin sheets that will work for you w/o spending lots of $$$ but not sure what your FC twin measurement will be.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rochester , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumitater View Post
"I would think it is worth checking into. I have my fingers crossed that they will turn Twin XL sheets into the right size for my FC twin model coming in April."

What is the measurement on your FC twin Mattresses? I have a converted to twin FB Safari 25 and the twin measures 34 x 78. I have been satisfied with a deep pocket regular twin sheet which has a little more give with the fitted mattress sheet. I do not think you will have any problems finding twin sheets that will work for you w/o spending lots of $$$ but not sure what your FC twin measurement will be.

According to the specs, you are correct, our twins will measure 34" x 78." My understanding is that either twin size fitted sheets will be 39" wide. The regular twin is only 75" long though, whereas the twin XL is 80."

My thought was that after putting a 3" thick memory foam on top, I would need the twin XL. You say the regular fits? Hmph, maybe I should rethink my strategy.

Thanks for the tip.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Fairhope , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaBluPlus2 View Post
According to the specs, you are correct, our twins will measure 34" x 78." My understanding is that either twin size fitted sheets will be 39" wide. The regular twin is only 75" long though, whereas the twin XL is 80."

My thought was that after putting a 3" thick memory foam on top, I would need the twin XL. You say the regular fits? Hmph, maybe I should rethink my strategy.

Thanks for the tip.
this might possibly work for you:jcp homeâ„¢ 300tc Easy Balance Solid Sheet Set - JCPenney

Not at all fancy but good start to see if a deep pocket sheet will work for you.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaBluPlus2 View Post
Goodness, I have no idea how I missed your post, Rich. I guess it doesn't hurt to second your motion though.
Hi Carrie, good to have a "second" on the motion. We've had our AS only a short time and are still working on the linens issue. I read some reviews on the suspender clips offered at BB&B. They seem to be at both ends of the spectrum; love 'em or hate 'em. It appears to be an issue with putting the clips on the sheets. The ones that love 'em say:
1. Don't put the sheet on the bed and then do the clips; do the clips first
2. Put the sheet on the 'nub' then pull the suspender side to slide the nub with sheet into the clip. You have better leverage than if you try to push the nub.

It seems to take a little know-how to make it work right. Our biggest problem so far is agreeing on the comforter pattern to match the interior

There are sites that offer some custom sheets and comforters. They are somewhat expensive which is why we're sticking with Target and BB&B.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
we simply bought suspenders at wally world and used those for our RV queen...use standard queen sheets.

as pointed out in the video, make sure and buy the suspenders that are not sewn together....has worked great for us so far.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We just use regular ole sheets, blankets, sleeping bags from the house/shed.
The ones that have elastic all the way around or on the sides work fine.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Titee-Whitee Sheeties

The Sheet Garters you can buy at Walmart or BB&B are fine - if you don't have any hand pain issues, but they are a bit of awkward to use, and can pop open under stress

Here is a permanent "Creatively Lazy" solution. The usual fitted sheet has elastic all the way around the bottom of the sheet and SHOULD pull the sheet fairly tight, but getting the fourth corner ON without one of the first three popping off can be a hassle. You can add sheet garters on the corners diagonally - before or after - putting the sheet on the bed. That tightens the sheet farther and prevents a corner from popping loose while making the bed or sleeping in it.

So why not just buy 1 inch wide elastic and SEW it diagonally into the corners... and for good measure IF you want a really tight sheet, sew an additional length to cross the bed at the middle and BUTTON to the near side of the sheet once you've got the corners on. For my crossways queen I put the bottom sheet on as follows. Top corners first, nightstand corner (far side), then closet corner. Walk to bottom of the bed, put far corner on, grab hanging elastic cross-under piece and drag it under the mattress while walking to the near side of the bed. Button the long elastic cross piece to the sheet, slip the last corner under the mattress.

When I added the elastic, I used safety pins to position the elastic for the corner diagonal pieces. I cut each length of elastic leaving about 1.5 inches overhang on each end, and didn't make it so tight that I'd have to strain uncomfortably to get it over the corners. Ditto for the long piece that runs horizontally on the sheet half way down. When I sewed the diagonal pieces to the sheet, I sewed an "X" in a box on each end so that the elastic wouldn't come loose or tear the sheet trying to. On the long cross-the-bed piece I sewed the far end of the elastic to the sheet, then doubled the elastic over and sewed a button hole in the ELASTIC. Before sewing the button on the sheet, I reinforced the sheet with a scrap of canvas I happened to have handy about 2 x 2 inches (an Iron-on patch would have served as well) , then sewed the button through the sheet and the canvas with dental floss for strength.

The top sheet - my feet like freedom. I hate to have a sheet or blanket tucked in at the bottom of the bed. I don't like to make my bed but I like it to look freshly made up. Velcro is my friend. I put three pieces of the prickly side of velcro on the far side of the bed & sewed the loopy part to the corresponding side of the sheet. It's neat and flat when I first make up the bed after changing the sheets, and it's a mere "yank - fluff" to make it look right after I crawl out in the morning.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:10 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Huntley , Illinois
We use the bungies with clips from bed bath Don 't get the old garter type. The won't close with fabric or i need a gorilla to slide the close. The straps with the clasp type clip work really well. I use it on our bambi 86x 58 and use king size sheets.
cegardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Arvada , Colorado
We purchased Airstream sheets - the high thread count option - to fit our short queen. Perhaps a less thread count fabric would have been a better choice, but we found that the bottom fitted sheets (we bought two sets) did not wear well. We went with another brand we found on the Internet, but have not yet had an opportunity to use them.
Jack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack46 View Post
We purchased Airstream sheets - the high thread count option - to fit our short queen. Perhaps a less thread count fabric would have been a better choice, but we found that the bottom fitted sheets (we bought two sets) did not wear well. We went with another brand we found on the Internet, but have not yet had an opportunity to use them.
We just placed an order with airstream online for 20' front bed configuration. Started with full sheet set & mattress pad. Shipping was noted to take 4-6 weeks. Hoping everything arrives prior to our summer trips. Otherwise we'll need the get to Bed, Bath & Beyond for those nifty suspenders.
Bought a nice organic cotton blanket at Target on deep discount & then found coordinating throw.
If the airstream sheets fit well, we'll probably order another set. I think we purchased 350 count.
FCloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2016 28' Land Yacht
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
We bought Zendal sheets that are not airstream specific-our local spa uses them-pretty fabulous-actually nicer than our bedding at home!

All about having the best in our happy place!
annie
TCA and GPO is offline   Reply With Quote