Old 06-21-2015, 06:32 AM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
I wouldn't be surprised if D.. Told you that. (Sue us). He was probably having a bad day. Those guys on the phones never have people call in to say everything is great. Most people who call have problems. I too had mixed results when trying to get problems resolved with him. He never calls back

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Old 06-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Sorry to hear of your problems and frustration. Before my retirement in my career I lead two companies, both provided products which eventually were used by consumers. One in building products and one a vehicle company. My "office door" and phone were always open (not the best policy) but mine. I could not possibly tell you the number of times a consumer got thru to me, it was not hard, and complained about one of our products and the lack of response from one of our dealers.

My first course of action was to have our sales person involved call the "offending" dealer and get their story. Then I had the issue taken care of, (1) tell the customer that it was their issue, not covered under warranty; like a cracked toilet, as there is no way to tell whether someone kicked it etc. So we negotiated. (2) had the problem(s) resolved at our expense, sometimes even if outside the warranty issue. In either case the customer knew where they stood and what needed to be done.

My point is; get to the top or as close as you can get at AS headquarters. Talking to a CSR person with probably some kind of script or guidelines at this point is probably futile. Call or email the VP of Sales or VP of Customer Experience and factually stated what is and has gone on and then be silent, wait for their response. Hope it works out.

Good Luck - My Best

Bud

paiceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems and frustration. Before my retirement in my career I lead two companies, both provided products which eventually were used by consumers. One in building products and one a vehicle company. My "office door" and phone were always open (not the best policy) but mine. I could not possibly tell you the number of times a consumer got thru to me, it was not hard, and complained about one of our products and the lack of response from one of our dealers.

My first course of action was to have our sales person involved call the "offending" dealer and get their story. Then I had the issue taken care of, (1) tell the customer that it was their issue, not covered under warranty; like a cracked toilet, as there is no way to tell whether someone kicked it etc. So we negotiated. (2) had the problem(s) resolved at our expense, sometimes even if outside the warranty issue. In either case the customer knew where they stood and what needed to be done.

My point is; get to the top or as close as you can get at AS headquarters. Talking to a CSR person with probably some kind of script or guidelines at this point is probably futile. Call or email the VP of Sales or VP of Customer Experience and factually stated what is and has gone on and then be silent, wait for their response. Hope it works out.

Good Luck - My Best

Bud
That sounds like excellent advice to me. You might contact the person who took Dave Schuman's position, I think his name is Rick Marsh, or I think I've read that Justin Humphrey's, a VP has been helpful for some people.
Good luck, hope you can start enjoying your Airstream
Old 08-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #60

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2003 19' Bambi
Gladewater , Texas
wish we had seen your comments about Orange County Airstream - we drove from Texas to pick up a new 2015 and were unable to open the front door - drove all the way back to Texas without staying in it to just be able to get in the door - will NEVER buy out of state or from these guys - hope you get it fixed - maybe if enough of us complain about the dealer directly to Airstream we might get some resolution
Old 08-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Go see Andy at Inland R.V. Center in Corona Calif. He knows his stuff and contributes a lot on this site.