Cereal problems.....2003 Classic
It's a problem JC is working on&on&on&on&on.....
Items noted before taking delivery that were fixed by the dealer.
1) Both front segment protectors scratched and dented.
2) Rear bumper covers cracked.
3) Access door under bathroom sink would not open, repaired but seized solid again by the time we got home from the dealer.
4) Pantry slide-out off both tracks, repaired but failed again when loaded on our first trip. Took pantry out, removed slide tracks, removed all ball bearings and divided equally between tracks, as sent replacement tracks, holding as spares until needed.
Now for the q/c and PDI stuff... It's important to note that all concerns listed were repaired by myself. The selling dealer had closed.
1) Three of the clearance light bulbs.
2) Two storage compartment light bulbs.
3) Two screen door protector screws missed their mark.
4) Bad vibration in left front speaker, again mounting screws missed their mark. Screws replaced with Velcro tape. Close out panel now easily removed.
5) Water pump failure caused by a separated wire inside the insulation where wiring enters the pump housing….. Failure occurred on our first camping trip.
6) A multitude of pinholes in accordion shade over sink.
7) Water leak at shower manifold caused by cold water line being too short.
8) Three plastic latches for closet doors and two storage compartments installed poorly, misalignment, causing latch failure.
9) Stove igniter knob cracked/failure.
10) Bathroom mirror latch.
11) … hold down screws for converter missed their mark.
Sloppy/noisy water pump install & wiring. Install rubber isolation mounts, re-route and secure wiring harness.
12) Water heater<> thermostat not calibrated<>scalding temp.
13) Fridge interior light inop, switch arm cracked
14) Kitchen sink spray handle cracked, leaking when used.
15) Construction debris found thru-out trailer. Bic lighter & candy wrapper under rug in streetside rear compartment.
16) AC shroud, skylight, ff vent all cracked at screw mount holes from improper install.
17) Black tank vent leaking, poor install/caulking. Missing screws.
18) Water line fitting under bathroom sink cross-threaded, cracked, leaking.
19) Filiform corrosion
20) Clearcoat peeling from entry door hinges and battery door surrounds.
Airstream did send us the necessary items to make the repairs on some items:
Water pump, shade, latches for closet and storage doors.
New door for bathroom access, slide for pantry.
Other necessary items purchased from Camping World.
I never received a CSI report from the factory, or any follow-up at all.
The factory QC was lacking, but the dealer must assume some of the responsibility for a very poor PDI. Well I guess that just about covers it, except to say I was more than a little disappointed in the whole experience!