Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Orange County , California
This has probably been discussed before, but I just discovered another stealth storage area...directly below the wardrobe closet. Not sure what I would ever store here but it is nice to know I have a hiding spot for something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1505.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	162147

Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
I don't know how clever this storage idea is, but i've been inspired by this thread.
Today, I added 2 storage baskets under our free standing chairs. The baskets are attached to the chair frames with velcro strips. I sewed the velcro to fabric, though the velcro alone worked just fine. Just in case anyone is wondering, "why bother hanging baskets from the chair frame?"...we tried first to use a tote under the chair & the chair could not be pulled out without moving the tote. This seemed like a solution to that little annoyance. And, though the picture looks like the basket is on the floor, it's actually about 3" off. I'm thinking the baskets will be a good place for light weight items...books, magazines, games, etc. (A place to stash that stuff that takes over the table.)
The area under & around our table could be better utilized. I'd love to see more ideas for this area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1504.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	162251   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1506.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	162252  

Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Good idea! and the wicker looks good.

So now - here"s an opportunity for someone to actually design and manufacture a decent looking storage chair with a flip up seat. Could it still be a collapsible style box that would fold with the chair for storage for travel? (probably never would be stored once something is in the box ) Maybe those fabric shopping bags could be tacked in under the lift up seat?

Dave
Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Orange County , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowpells View Post
I don't know how clever this storage idea is, but i've been inspired by this thread.
Today, I added 2 storage baskets under our free standing chairs. The baskets are attached to the chair frames with velcro strips. I sewed the velcro to fabric, though the velcro alone worked just fine. Just in case anyone is wondering, "why bother hanging baskets from the chair frame?"...we tried first to use a tote under the chair & the chair could not be pulled out without moving the tote. This seemed like a solution to that little annoyance. And, though the picture looks like the basket is on the floor, it's actually about 3" off. I'm thinking the baskets will be a good place for light weight items...books, magazines, games, etc. (A place to stash that stuff that takes over the table.)
The area under & around our table could be better utilized. I'd love to see more ideas for this area.

Very clever dowpells! Nice touch with the fabric.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Rockford , Michigan
Thanks guys.
Dave, I'm shocked a storage chair doesn't already exist. Maybe one does, but I never found it. I looked for something along those lines before trying this idea.... something like the inexpensive storage ottomans, but with a back. Also toyed with the idea of hinging the seat on the existing chairs & adding a container under it. But, our chairs are very sturdy (do not fold) & I didn't want to make them wobbly by removing the seat. So, we'll see how much space this gains us.