Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Zeeland , Michigan
Air conditioner mesh screens

I have a 2015 FC 30 bunk with a single, ducted A/C. My question is about the interior air conditioner intake screens. I’ve cleaned the outside of them. Shining a light inside there appears to be more dust, etc behind the screen. Are these easily removed? I tried to get a finger behind it, but it’s real tight. Don’t want to bend. Didn’t see how to remove in manual. Anyone know how to remove?
Bcousins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
On your model they were installed with two spring clips, one on each end. A/S has had some issues with the return air (intake) screens falling out and may have cut yours a little smaller.

Just pull down on one end and slightly push it toward the other end while pulling it down. The spring clips are in the middle of the ends (Lengthwise), if you pull from the corners they can bend.

There should be two 'filters' (one each) behind the return air/intake screens . They can be cleaned by washing them out. Getting the 'filters' to stay put can sometimes be a challenge.

On the newer models A/S stopped using the spring clips and now puts two screws to hold them in/up.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
I use a small rubber spatula to get into one end then plus down. It works!
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:53 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Zeeland , Michigan
Thank you both. Plastic spatula was the trick!
Bcousins is offline   Reply With Quote