Old 10-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Additional Awingings

I plan to installed additional awingings on our 2014 30ft Flying Cloud that has the bedroom located at the back of the trailer. I know I want the awining(s) down the side where the dump value is located.

I feel pretty sure I want one at the back of the trailer where the bedroom is located (The wrap around windows at the back do not have the dark smoked windows. They are lightly smoked.)

The wrap around windows at the front do have dark smoked windows.

My question is, what do you think about the smoked windows at the front? Do I really need an awinging on this window?

The dark smoked flat window at the front can be raised which I think has a screen to let in air. If that's true, would I be wasting money having an awining installed on this window since it's dark smoked?

Thank you for the advice and input into my issue.

Archie
Ridgeland, MS

Old 10-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Do you have rock guards on your front windows? That sounds like what you are describing. The middle rock guard can be raised to act as an awning--with or without the window itself open. No need to buy an awning for there.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatiero View Post
Do you have rock guards on your front windows? That sounds like what you are describing. The middle rock guard can be raised to act as an awning--with or without the window itself open. No need to buy an awning for there.
Yes, I guess that's what one would call the dark smoked "glass" at the front, rock guards. And yes, the middle smoked "glass"/"guard" can be rasied and would act as an awning as you point out. After I got to thinking about the need or no need for a front awinging, I was thinking I probably did not need an awing on the front window.

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

Archie
Old 10-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
For sure, the road side awnings and rear awning for the bedroom are very nice at reducing the sunshine coming in, also allow for open windows in rain, if desired.

And, at the front, as noted the middle tinted stone shield will raise up so as to form an awning. The window underneath can be opened at will.

I am of the belief that small awnings on the curb side may be useful, especially when the wind conditions suggest the huge patio awning needs to be retracted.
AIR #31871 WBAC #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
Archie

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ridgeland , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
For sure, the road side awnings and rear awning for the bedroom are very nice at reducing the sunshine coming in, also allow for open windows in rain, if desired.

And, at the front, as noted the middle tinted stone shield will raise up so as to form an awning. The window underneath can be opened at will.

I am of the belief that small awnings on the curb side may be useful, especially when the wind conditions suggest the huge patio awning needs to be retracted.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Archie
Old 10-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Tyler , Texas
ZipDee Installed Street and Rear Awnings

I called ZipDee about two months ago to make arrangements for installation of the street side and rear awnings when I found out I was going to be traveling to Madison, Wisconsin. When scheduling the work order I gave them my travel dates and we decided that I would arrive on a Monday, they would measure and start building and then do the installations on Tuesday. I spent the night along side their building and understood them to say a lot of people dry camp for one overnight. The experience was enlightening, the employees informative and considerate. I also had tire shades made up. If you get a chance to have awnings installed this way, it's the way to go as the shipping cost via freight lines is pretty close to the cost of the awnings. I have seen photo expose's of many do it yourselfers on the Airforum site who were brave enough to install themselves (not a problem for many who are shop inclined and well practiced in craft trades) but I am certain we had no business trying to install these ourselves. After observing Nathan and Jimmy work at it for the day I know.
Attached Images