Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Charlotte , North Carolina
We have a FB and absolutely love it! Our views are almost always in the back where the dinette is. There is more privacy as well with your door to the rear of your campsite. If you have a rear bedroom then your view is usually the campground road and you have lots of people walking by. This summer we almost traded up for a 31 Classic to get 2 ACs and more space but we did not want to give up our FB.
We've backed up to a rushing mountain stream, the inland water-way, long range mountain views-you get the picture.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Kay View Post
Our views are almost always in the back where the dinette is. There is more privacy as well with your door to the rear of your campsite. If you have a rear bedroom then your view is usually the campground road and you have lots of people walking by.
That's actually a popular misconception. With the dinette in the front your living space is shielded from campground peepers by the wrap-around rock shield/sun guard. They can't see in, but you can see out. Great privacy. We would choose a rear bed model over any other without hesitation.

doug k

Old 08-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Eureka , California
25b

We chose the flying cloud 25B for the larger bathroom (more leg room) and didn't mind the shorter couch/lounge length. That is where our little dog sleeps anyway so not an issue for us. The view is great from front and back and we also prefer our bedroom in the back. Just personal choice.

and away we go.......
pidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Doug K has offered up his opinion on the rear bed 25. This is a personal choice kind of thing. When we first saw the 25FB we had just started "thinking" about getting an Airstream and the wife and I both knew that this was the floor plan we wanted. We also liked the double sink instead of the later model single huge round sink. We were lucky to find our trailer in 2009 when the round sinks were in production. I was interested in the reverse 25 model when it first came out and went to take a look. I did like the larger bathroom but you had to give up some seating and then of course put the dining table so you could watch the back of your truck. We often camp with family or groups of friends and will usually have a bunch of them in the trailer. For us, the extra seating gets used.

We like the view out the back as we sit at the dining table. The view from our bedroom is almost always of the back of the truck and/or the road that we drove in on. We do not spend much time in the bedroom (yeah, I know) and we certainly do not take in the campground scenery when we are there.

We are also not big microwave lovers as we boondock the majority of the time. Giving up space for a microwave is not a good idea for us. Our bathroom is large enough for us and we are fine with the way it is. We also like our oven and use it a lot which I suppose is unique on this forum.

If the sun beating in on the window by the dining table becomes an issue (it hasn't so far) I think we would simply get an awning. I don't think I would like the fan on/in the refrigerator. One of my biggest gripes about Airstreams is that you have to move up to a 25 or larger unit to get a double door refrigerator. If you pay huge sums of cash for a 23 you will have a small fridge with the fan to keep it running. I had a 21 ft Starcraft hybrid with a nice double door fridge and paid a small fraction of what a larger 23 ft Airstream would cost.

Anyway, your question will be one that only you can answer. The top three advantages as I see them are, view from the living area, more seating space and a fridge without a fan.

Good luck. You will choose the one that is best for you, I am sure.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
We had a 2001 25' Classic with a rear bedroom and front living and sold it last year to get a 25FB Flying Cloud. 90% of the campsites we've been in over the years have "the view" out of the rear of the trailer - whether it's woods, rivers, lakes, or mountains. This summer, we spent 2 weeks in the Great Smoky Mountains really enjoying the river-front view we had from the rear of the trailer. The view out the front was the back of our truck.

Just our opinion.

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
That's actually a popular misconception. With the dinette in the front your living space is shielded from campground peepers by the wrap-around rock shield/sun guard. They can't see in, but you can see out. Great privacy. We would choose a rear bed model over any other without hesitation. doug k
OK. that's your opinion and not a misconception. Guess that's why you can get it both ways. We have found that the FB tinted rock shields provide a little more darkness for sleeping blocking out park lighting and the rising sun. And since most sites, excluding pull throughs, are back-ins, we get a more private view of nature from the rear dinette.

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Fairbanks , Alaska
Even though we haven't taken delivery yet, we just about ready to close, put us in the FB camp. However as many have pointed out on the "views" it is a personal descision. For us no matter where we are it seems we would rather see woods, desert or whatever than the campground road, our truck or people going by. In the rare cases where it isn't better out the back it usually isn't worse.

On any feature differences, I just don't know. We are just excited to be getting our new AS.

Rick
Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
You can't go wrong on either one, rear view or front view. We do spend some time in RV parks where they park you back to back in our snow-bird travels, so the front dinette never fails in that situation.

You will enjoy what ever you have, the front bed is very popular.

doug k
Old 08-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Western , Washington
I liked both models but chose the FB. So far it has been great, I like the split bath, don't miss a microwave and love the oven!