Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

I have a 27FB. The selling point for me was the bed facing North South vs East West. It feels more like a bedroom to me. Very easy to make the bed. I love it.
itldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:12 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

Have you looked at all at the new 26U? We just purchased a 27' and so far we love it, but the large dinette with removable tables seems very nice! Sort of a mix bt the 25 and 28. Maybe worth a quick look- they look really nice!
Hogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
In the twin bed option on the 25 models, the factory mattress just fits in the space. In the longer models, it would be possible to have a longer custom length (in addition to the shape) mattress made. In our Classic, the twin mattress could really be at least 10" longer.

So for the taller folks, this is another thought on the sleeping arrangements.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #44
1 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Clermont , Florida
Size matters

The larger your unit the more restricted you are. We have owned a 19 ft Flying Cloud and now have a 25 ft. As far as campgrounds go there is no difference in a 25 and 27 ft. But, Consider getting into a service station in a small town. Consider accidentally taking a road that looks good but turns out to be a 10 percent grade for 8 miles. What about parking in a friends driveway. There are situations where Every extra foot and lb make a difference. We have owned other brands and full timed for 4 1/2 years. Our unit and truck will soon be listed for sale.
greew016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Stanwood , Washington
We have a 25' Safari with twin beds, works great, but sometime we would like a bit more room. I like having a couch in the living room.
dfschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #46
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
It's so interesting learning about everyone's preferences. I can only imagine sitting in on some of the Airstream design meetings! Tough choices! I was fortunate to get the exact model I wanted and have been pleased that it is everything and more than I hoped! I still love it. I have the 25 with Queen Bed cross frame. There is a trick to making it but once you get that mastered it's easy. I like that you are not looking back into the trailer - lights are bothersome and cross frame feels private and not claustrophobic. No dinette but a nice big comfy couch with a corner cabinet for watching tv instead of staring at the back of the dinette. Table can be folded out for lots of room - or in half for intimate dining or folded down completely for opening up lots of floor space. I would never use the dinette. I've prepared some feasts in the kitchen and love the oven and microwave and large refrigerator. The bathroom is adequate with lots of storage - hubby would like separate shower as in larger models - not a deal breaker. No Airstream has enough storage for what I want but for what I need. That keeps the 'stuff' down because clutter just takes the fun out of camping. Love love love the Airstream but not sure we will spend 5 yrs full-timing in one. We are thinking of a Class A SOB with slides and toad. Don't want to be stranded if one vehicle fails. Keeping the Airstream but full timing for five in the shower stall Class A - we'll see!! Any comments on that from full- timers been there done that? I want the Winnebago Brave in Mellow Yellow with VW bug toad and he's thinking a Born Free???
Seemore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:10 PM   #47
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Seemore2006... full-timing for 5 years? I agree, we would go back to our 44' Class A diesel pusher (or similar option) in that event. Airstreams are wonderful trailers, but in our view, best suited to limited-time excursions, not well-suited for full-timing in our view. This is primarily due to storage and to floorspace, as well.

A few weeks here, a few weeks there... we can really appreciate the 30' Airstream. Full-time? For years? No, just too cramped for that.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:58 AM   #48
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Get the 28'-
or a 30'-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote