Old 06-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member
2011 23' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Your real estate overhead make me feel better about the home & yacht & airstream that we support.

We passed through Louisiana this week, but not near enough to Natchitoches to call upon a fellow adventurer.

Casita 13'? We sold our 09 Casita 17' last October after 10,000 miles in one year. Great little unit - loved it - a tinkerers delight. The FC 23 FB was a carefully considered upgrade.

The Jeep Overland has been a performer all the way from Durango CO, with stops in Great Sand Dunes NP, a couple of hot springs, and and several State Parks. The site in Great Sand Dunes was tight enough to challenge any vehicle and entertain any onlookers. The primitive trail along the dunes and up the mountain was great fun in the Jeep. I-40 through Oklahoma was a bear at 115 F and 40 knot cross winds. We're now on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, for a visit with family before returning home, perhaps taking a route through Kansas to avoid Oklahoma. No offense OKIES, it's just too hot.

The Airstream is now 3 months old, and had seen some pretty rugged use. Chaco Canyon NHP, Natural Bridges NM, Great Sand Dunes NP, and various BLM sites and State Parks. Nothing serious has broken and she's a very comfortable vessel.

Safe Travels,
Joe & Joan Donnaway
Durango, CO
JamuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #58
Rivet Master
2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
23fb dinette

We also have a 2008 23FB SE and it fits our lifestyle perfectly.

The dinette seats 2 comfortably and we also have periodic adult guests who join us at the table and we make it work just fine.

We love the ease of towing, ability to get into small boondocking and national forest sites, the narrower profile than the 25, dual wheels for safety, and the separate rear bathroom with full shower and privacy door that is away from the living area and master bed area.The queen front bed bed is great as well - plenty of room for two tall adults.

Like others, we don't spend hours inside the camper unless it is a rainy day. But for two or three people, this camper is fantastic.

Best of luck deciding. It is a hard choice to pick the right size. You really need to think through your lifestyle and then fit the camper to that.

bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #59
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Rapid City , South Dakota
I am a full-timer as of February (so 3 months) and I opted for the 2015 23FB. I made this decision based on TV capacities, coupled with maneuverability and spaciousness. The dinette seat is on top of the wheel well. The wrap around seats will sit 3 comfortably. I will be taking my dinette out, at some point, to put in a work station. I looked at other models, but love the light weight for towing, etc. I LOVE the bathroom in the back. It offers privacy and a sense of small apartment living. The large bed space with the large windows satiates my "feel like I'm outside" desire. If I was truly concerned about space, I would look at the 25FB. I will probably get a 30' in a few years, with a larger TV if I continue to full-time.
Boon Blogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Airstream is including ducted air in the 2016 23s
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #61
Rivet Master
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California

Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Airstream is including ducted air in the 2016 23s
Does that mean the AC will be the Quietstream like the 25 and bigger trailers? Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:31 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member
2016 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
Does that mean the AC will be the Quietstream like the 25 and bigger trailers? Pat
Noobie here; also interested in this question?

Llando88 is offline   Reply With Quote