Old 12-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #57
4 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolerama View Post
The U-dinette is very desirable due to its versatility. We would like to see one in real life, especially with twin beds. Pbarstow, the curtains are gorgeous. Great fabric choice.
Lisa
The U-Dinette is a major concern for me. I went up to Safford RV a month or so ago when they had a 26U on the lot and setup the table to check out the different config options. Even with both leaves in place and locked together, the stability of the table is a concern -- with a coffee cup filled half with water, anyone mildly bumping the table on a stand up, sit in or move around spilled the water -- ie, the same stability issue I saw in the rear-hatch models.

The dinette bed is amazing - at 7' in height, I had ample room at my feet and above my head for a full sleep -- and the dinette cushions are memory foam (or memory foamy like) with an amazing comfort.

Finally, the mid bath is again, amazing -- At my height, in my 28W, sitting in the shower, my legs are crammed over to one side -- I had full room to stretch when sitting in the shower of the 26U compartment - and far better "knee room" when sitting on the "captains chair."

With a superior bath, and a superior dinette guest bed, I still would have reservations dropping from my 28W arrangement. I guess I like the wall secured stability of the dinette table too much - and I like the ability to share guest bed and not impinge on the dinette at all - or at least have two separate seating areas (dinette and L-Lounge) so I am not jammed up next to my guests on a rainy day all afternoon.

Ian

Old 12-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #58
1 Rivet Member

Kensington , Maryland
My wife and I went around and around about AS trailers. Nothing was comfortable other than the top of the line Classic. All the other trailers came with uncomfortable cushions atop hard bench seats. It didn't matter if it was the in dinette area or the lounging areas. All of the interior seating were uncomfortable... until the 26U. What a difference! The U shaped eating/lounging areas have cushions that provide long term comfort. So much so, we've made the decision to purchase the 26U. So we're pretty excited.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesbford View Post
My wife and I went around and around about AS trailers. Nothing was comfortable other than the top of the line Classic. All the other trailers came with uncomfortable cushions atop hard bench seats. It didn't matter if it was the in dinette area or the lounging areas. All of the interior seating were uncomfortable... until the 26U. What a difference! The U shaped eating/lounging areas have cushions that provide long term comfort. So much so, we've made the decision to purchase the 26U. So we're pretty excited.
I went through the same experience.....totally agree with you....Picking up the 26U with twin beds come early January.

CanAm RV in London has a 26U with Queen bed sitting on the lot right now.

2016 AIRSTREAM Flying Cloud, 26U
Old 01-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #60
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Bastrop , Texas
Newbie here currently seriously looking at the 26U. Really like the comfort of the U shaped lounge. Read a few posts that mentioned the instability of the dinette table. We also noticed that and was wondering if the dealer hadn't set it up properly or it was a design issue.

Also, we're looking at the twin version but the concern is that you loose a lot of the storage space.

Interested in any feedback/experience from anyone also considering, or have purchased the 26U.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Pittsford , New York
We've had the 26U for several months now. When parked, the table is stable and doesn't present any problems. The table is split in half so you can use one half angled sideways and the dinette feels more like two couches with a table in between or you can angle it side-to-side like a regular table. When you put both in both halves, they latch together and you have two feet in the floor so it's very stable.

When underway, I've kept the table legs and tops in their storage closet under the TV. The legs securely connect to the floor but the tops just lay on top of the legs and I do fear that, if you hit a big bump, the table tops might come out of connector on the top. I haven't tried leaving the tables setup while underway as I'd never leave anything on top of the table while underway anyway so it only takes a minute to store the top and legs in the closet (and, in fact, the legs lock into place on the floor so I'd have no worries leaving the legs installed while underway and just storing the top
Old 01-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
TG....if you look at the list of AS trailers in the designation list, you can now add the 2016 26U FC to your info.

I pick up my 26U next week.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:25 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Saw the 26U Twin @ the Tampa Rv Show yesterday. Like the Layout. Seems like there is lots of outside storage.With full awning package.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Baltimore , Maryland
We go to Colonial Airstream tomorrow to put a deposit on our 26U. We pick it up next month. We're excited! We really like the 26U layout.

Mike Robertson
Baltimore, MD
Old 01-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #65
cac
1 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Tehachapi , California
Great! I'm picking my 26U up for good (after solar panels installed) next week. Upgraded from a Flying Cloud 20, which I loved but could not entertain in.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:11 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
wait -- there's no 12v plugs in this unit? meh! that may be a deal killer; unless they can retrofit some in for me.
If you're talking about the 26U.....mine just arrived and it has 2 12v plugs. One on each side of the dinette just under the bottom of the cushions.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:18 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Has anyone with a 26U been able to angle the large TV in the galley area? On my walk through, the tech said in passing that the front TV doesn't angle outwards. Just wondering if that is true.

How then do you remove the TV if some work needs to be done on it or you want to replace it?
Old 01-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Since it can be rotated out to be viewed from outside the entrance door you can access the bolts on the VESA mount.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
London , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Since it can be rotated out to be viewed from outside the entrance door you can access the bolts on the VESA mount.

Kelvin
My question is....CAN the TV be rotated to to be viewed from outside the entrance door?

The smaller TV in the bedroom has a strap hanging down that you pull, releasing the arm and then you can angle the TV.

No such strap on the front TV.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:52 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
The Change

What started out as a trip to look at the new 26U at Foley RV, because I really liked the floor plan turned into selling my 23 foot Safari and about a month later purchasing a 2016 FC 28 Queen. When all said and done, we felt that the U shaped dinette was great, but we also felt that we had way more storage in the 23 footer that what the 26U offered and the 28 pretty well matched the 23 storage. That was the tipping point for getting the 28 footer. After living for the last month in our new AS, the biggest drawback is the coushions on the "L" lounge. No matter what way you relax, you slide down the lounge (very slick). Also, the foam is not supportive and uncomfortable after a very short while. One of the first things we are going to do is replace the foam, with marine grade foam for more support. I wondered why the U dinette could not be made available on the 28 footer. Sorry, I digress.