Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 Flying Cloud

We picked up our 25 Flying Cloud twin bed front model from Airstream of Spokane a couple of weeks ago and are giving it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Our maiden voyage was a ten day trip from Washington thru Idaho and back to BC via the Kootenays. All systems work flawlessly, ducted air is whisper quiet compared to our old one, sea level monitor seems accurate, no cranking the tv antenna is great, stereo is easy to use, and the beds are comfy. What else can I say? We are looking forward to many years of great camping!
We went AS of Spokane for the professional service, good price and because they had the model we were looking for available. Importing into Canada was a snap. She sure turns heads.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Congrat's on the new rig! Sounds like you got a "keeper" as they say.
Hope all is well in Kamloops

Cheers
Doug
Old 07-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Woof,

I peaked inside your trailer when it was on the lot to look at the new ducted air. I didn't actually set foot inside but just looked from the door. Man, it sure looks nice and the quite air conditioning sounds very appealing.

We are headed up to Kamloops in a few days. Do you have any suggestions regarding a nice RV park? I have found one online but little else. We will be on our way to Jasper and will be on the move.

Thanks,

Dick
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Holland , Michigan
Woof
From your email sounds like you are a experienced prior AirStream owner. My question is why did you decide on the FB twin over the RB twin. What other options do you recommend?
We like the twin bed layout for the added space.
I am interested in purchasing a 2015 25 also I just want to do it right the first time.
Enjoy your trip
Thanks
Readgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

aftermath,

Kamloops does not have any nice rv parks! There are 3. The only one worth considering would be Kamloops rv park and it is on hwy 1 east of city centre about a fifteen minute drive. It has basic amenities but is next to the freeway and the train line and the sites are pretty close together-good for on night if you need power. My choice would personally be the Costco if you are passing thru. They are on the west side of the city. If you are heading up hwy 5 north, there is a provincial park called Paul Lake-no services but quiet and fifteen min off the road.
Two hours away on the 5, the North Thompson River campground provides a nice spot to explore Wells Gray Provincial park-the waterfall park. Well worth a stop!
If you need more info you can pm me.

You will love Jasper and the Icefields hwy.

Janet
Old 07-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

readgriff,
We did have 27fb several years ago and that layout was great. We like to back in to a campsite and have our view out the back where we eat and hang out rather than looking at the truck or the road. At night, who cares about the view.
We do not need a microwave but use our oven all the time. The only option we got was the inverter-good for when off grid.
The twin beds are great unless you need to snuggle the night away. It gives you way more room in the bedroom without one person having to walk around the bed and smashing their head on the overheads every time you need to use the facilities.
Plus the storage area is huge. It works for us.
Janet
Old 07-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Holland , Michigan
Woof
Thank you for the information on your 25 ft air stream.
Hope you are enjoying your new trailer.
I am getting a better idea of the different models and options.
Readgriff
Readgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Congrats! We are heading your way in a few days and will be in AB and BC in two weeks. We will look for you on the road!
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Aftermath,
We are going to Jasper also! Maybe we will see you on the road as well!
Old 07-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Thanks Woof, good to know there is a Costco in Kamloops. We are leaving tomorrow morning for Oliver and plan to be in Kamloops on Monday. The forecast is for heat until Thursday when the rains will come. We are planning on staying at Kamloops RV, at least one night.

Silver Labs, should be in Jasper on Thursday early. We will stay in Valemount the night before.

Hope to see some Airstreams on the trip.

Dick
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Aftermath, we will miss you. We are leaving Texas on Wednesday and will arrive in Jasper the 22nd after we make a few stops along the way.

Woof, we are overnighting at Pine Grove RV Park in McClure. Do you know about that one? We are staying there on our way to Vancouver.
Thank you!
Old 04-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Houston , Texas
If you don't mind saying, why did you downsize from a 27 to a 25? We are trying to decide on our first travel trailer and are trying to decide between a 25 and 27, both FB Twin.
WayneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
WayneS - Just to jump in on this thread. We had a 2014 25RB Twin and just traded it up to a 2015 28 Twin. We travel with a couple of labs quite a bit and the 25 twin worked great. We just finished a trip with our friends Arcticfox and really liked their 28FC. After some time in the unit with four adults, we really liked the extra room and layout of that model and decided to make the move to the 28. We picked it up last week and love it. The ducted air is very quiet and the extra room will be great on those days we need to be in the trailer due to weather. I pull with an 15 F150 EcoBoost and have no issues at all.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

WayneS,

We chose the 25FB because our truck at the time was well over our payload already so this shaved off a few pounds. Our driveway is extremely steep and narrow and we felt that a shorter unit would have a better chance of making it up-good decision as we clear the back by maybe 3 or 4 inches! We don't miss the extra space at all as there is plenty of storage for your gear and we spend as much time as possible enjoying the great outdoors. We travel with four people and two Labs.