Old 06-30-2015, 06:42 AM   #43
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Celina , Ohio
In reading your posts I was surprised that you always just dropped off the trailer at the dealer and then left. Why don't you stay there and YOU RECREATE THE PROBLEM, that way you can be sure that they see what is going on. It's one thing to describe it but another to show them what is going on, maybe you can even record it happening with one of their techs watching , that way you will have documentation to show Airstream ( or the courts) just what you are dealing with.

Gary

Old 06-30-2015, 06:45 AM   #44
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
To the op, don't get too cocky until you know it's really fixed. Driveway camping?

Old 06-30-2015, 10:38 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Palos Verdes , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castaway View Post
In reading your posts I was surprised that you always just dropped off the trailer at the dealer and then left. Why don't you stay there and YOU RECREATE THE PROBLEM, that way you can be sure that they see what is going on. It's one thing to describe it but another to show them what is going on, maybe you can even record it happening with one of their techs watching , that way you will have documentation to show Airstream ( or the courts) just what you are dealing with.

Gary
I attached a video from my last visit.
Remember, we often drive straight from our trip to the dealer to get fixed.

As far as driveway camping or staying there to recreate the problem.
We would need to a full hookup to do this. I guess our challenge is that we WORK. We don’t have disposable time to help a “trained technition,” find a serious problem with thier product.

We have paid for our storage spot at a local equestrian center for the past 3 months for nothing.
We have walked through the problem with the Sales Manager because service is alway closed when we get there on Sundays or holidays.

I have sent pictures, videos, called with detailed descriptions with EACH incident.

As mentioned in my earlier post, we recieved the call yesterday, 1 MONTH LATER, that she is ready to be picked up.
Nothing was found, and they just replaced the warped and mildewed toe kicks.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Could you hook it up at your house to the hose and even a 15a connection via extension cord? You could run the HWH on propane and with city water connected, possibly recreated the problem. Maybe they could send the tech there on a more convenient schedule? Just trying to help...
Old 06-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Sometimes one has to take time off work to solve a problem. An unfortunate responsibility if ownership. Hope it gets solved.