Old 06-11-2015, 11:14 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Palos Verdes , California
Chick Squad
Hello,
Sadly it is the Orange County location i.e. Huntington Beach.
Not that it matters, because the sales manager, service manager, and the owner is one and the same as the Airstream Los Angeles .

Old 06-11-2015, 11:32 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2015 30ft Bunk

Thank you all for your responses.
I appreciate those of you that are mechanically inclined and have that great talent. WE unfortunately do not have that skill.
We started our adventure last year when we purchased a 1969 Shasta.
Boy, we LOVED it!!!!!
We towed her home after a 4 day trip and was in love with the trailer glamping.
My husband was the hike in miles and miles and carry his pack to camp. I was not....
I have 2 sons. I that loved the adventure of hiking in to camp and my younger son not so much.
After sleeping on the comfy bed my husband appreciated the convenience of a travel trailer.
Well, we towed her to a place that specializes in classic restoration of trailers.
They informed us that she was so rotten from the inside that they could not in good concious say it was safe to tow home. After walking around with them, we noticed the walls were not even attached to the floor!!!
They gave us an estimate of $9600 to redo but they were so busy they could not touch her for 5 months.

It was a beauty on the outside,but wood rot in the inside
Well, I was set to restore her myself armed with youtube and retro camper websites.

My husband was not on board. He works long days and wants to enjoy what free time we have as a family enjoying experiences.
So off we went to get our brand new no water damage unit........ and now we are full circle with water intrusion and wood rotting or getting there!

Old 06-13-2015, 12:14 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Rapid City , South Dakota
As I suspected...very unfortunate...I hope you have better luck than I have had...although luck isn't the issue...it's a lack of quality control and customer service.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Seal Beach , California
I live in Orange County. I would call Rod at C & G Trailer Service in Bellflower CA. He is an authorized Airstream repair station and only does repairs. He has been at it for years.

9241 Sonrisa St, Bellflower, CA 90706
(562) 634-6286

The worst thing in the world is an uncaring dealer.

2006 31' Classic
2006 E350 Diesel
Old 06-13-2015, 12:00 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Victoria , BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFamily View Post
Thank you all for your responses.
I appreciate those of you that are mechanically inclined and have that great talent. WE unfortunately do not have that skill.
We started our adventure last year when we purchased a 1969 Shasta.
Boy, we LOVED it!!!!!
We towed her home after a 4 day trip and was in love with the trailer glamping.
My husband was the hike in miles and miles and carry his pack to camp. I was not....
I have 2 sons. I that loved the adventure of hiking in to camp and my younger son not so much.
After sleeping on the comfy bed my husband appreciated the convenience of a travel trailer.
Well, we towed her to a place that specializes in classic restoration of trailers.
They informed us that she was so rotten from the inside that they could not in good concious say it was safe to tow home. After walking around with them, we noticed the walls were not even attached to the floor!!!
They gave us an estimate of $9600 to redo but they were so busy they could not touch her for 5 months.

It was a beauty on the outside,but wood rot in the inside
Well, I was set to restore her myself armed with youtube and retro camper websites.

My husband was not on board. He works long days and wants to enjoy what free time we have as a family enjoying experiences.
So off we went to get our brand new no water damage unit........ and now we are full circle with water intrusion and wood rotting or getting there!
It is so disappointing to pay big bucks for the "Cadillac" of travel trailers and have these sorts of issues.

Your unit is under warranty. The Dealership who sold it to you is incompetent and can't fix what is a critical issue.

I think you should contact Airstream directly, inform them of the history and request them to make it right. If it can't be fixed, replace it. It is up to them to make it right. If their initial response is not acceptable, get a lawyer involved. It's a lot of money to be tied up in something that is supposed to be helping you relax not driving up your stress levels.

(Having said that, I have to admit I didn't follow that advice myself...I live on the other side of the border (Canada) and live an expensive ferry ride away from the nearest dealership. On my unit, I ended up fixing most of the initial water leak issues myself but I was very disappointed in the shoddy assembly and mistakes made at the factory. I was amazed to find missing caulking and unfinished sealing jobs that were clearly due to lack of quality control. I eventually had to take a fair bit of the unit apart and redo a lot of the seals etc. It seems solid now but all of my work was simply fixing what should have been done properly at the factory. I love our Airstream but have a very low opinion of the company that makes them. They seem to have no interest in quality control, Quality improvement or anything other than short term profits and banking on past glories... I wish I were wrong.)

Good luck.

We're cheering for you.

-evan

PS> Any potential buyers of Airstreams should be watching very closely as to how well you get treated in this resolution process.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezairstream View Post
I live in Orange County. I would call Rod at C & G Trailer Service in Bellflower CA. He is an authorized Airstream repair station and only does repairs. He has been at it for years.

(562) 634-6286

2006 31' Classic
2006 E350 Diesel
He was on my list to call!
Thank you!
Old 06-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I had a problem where the toilet flush leaked. The plastic widget at the back of the pedal is a $25 POS. I keep one spare now. Also, I had leaks from the PEX piping under the sink, so I suspect leaking from PEX could be an issue for you.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Madison , Alabama
Whenever your RV is back to you from service or repair, or recall repair, or warrenty repair; you then become the final inspector.

I bought my new trailer from Camping World,which has on site camp facilities. I stay overnight after any repair & check everything out before leaving including systems that weren't supposed to be worked on. If somethings not right, I go back in to service & tell the rep. to come out to the trailer. That gets immediate attention.

If you leave without inspecting, it becomes more your problem than theirs.

Let's Roll !
Wolf
Wolf Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Just seeing this thread and reading through it your issue may be the same I had on my 2015 28FC. I had water accumulating on the floor and could not find source. Finally narrowed it down to after a shower. What was happening is a leak from where the hand unit connected behind the shower wall. A leak will not be detected until the hand unit button is depressed to use the shower head. The water can be turned on and the leak will not occur until that button is depressed activating the shower spray.

The issue is that the factory has placed a shim between the back shower wall and the connection from the shower valve. There is a pex line from the valve going down to a 45 degree elbow that leads to the shower hose inside the shower stall. There is a connection there that is unable to mate properly due to the thickness of the shim Aistream used on this. In addition, the seal this with a caulk so not easy to see. If you have access to see this connection, turn water on, the depress the shower nozzle button and water will pour out of this connection. Solution is to remove caulk, loosen connection and pull the fiberglass shim off. Put a thinner washer in there, reconnect and tighten. No more leak. I am out of town without trailer or I would attach some photos..

Hope this helps.

Chuck
Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlabs View Post
Just seeing this thread and reading through it your issue may be the same I had on my 2015 28FC. I had water accumulating on the floor and could not find source. Finally narrowed it down to after a shower. What was happening is a leak from where the hand unit connected behind the shower wall. A leak will not be detected until the hand unit button is depressed to use the shower head. The water can be turned on and the leak will not occur until that button is depressed activating the shower spray.

The issue is that the factory has placed a shim between the back shower wall and the connection from the shower valve. There is a pex line from the valve going down to a 45 degree elbow that leads to the shower hose inside the shower stall. There is a connection there that is unable to mate properly due to the thickness of the shim Aistream used on this. In addition, the seal this with a caulk so not easy to see. If you have access to see this connection, turn water on, the depress the shower nozzle button and water will pour out of this connection. Solution is to remove caulk, loosen connection and pull the fiberglass shim off. Put a thinner washer in there, reconnect and tighten. No more leak. I am out of town without trailer or I would attach some photos..

Hope this helps.

Chuck
Thank you!
I wish I was handy! Did your water pool outside the pantry and seep thru the kitchen cabinets?
Just wondering.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Yes. In our floor plan pooled up under wardrobe and on floor in front of rear beds. Tons of water. Call the dealer and have them pull panel access that gets them to the shower valve. Turn water on in shower then depress the button to get flow out of the handle. That is only time you will see the leak. It's frustrating but a relatively simple fix once you can get into the rear of shower to access valve and elbow connection.

Good luck..

Chuck
Old 06-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2014 23' International
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Airstream only allows those that sell their product to do warranty work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezairstream View Post

(562) 634-6286

2006 31' Classic
2006 E350 Diesel

Just spoke with Airstream in Ohio and was told that because C & G Trailer Service doesn't sell their product, they are no longer able to perform warranty work.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Suggest you contact Justin Humphreys, VP of sales at Airstream. He has helped other folks and might step in.
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Keep us in the loop as to your progress with the mother ship ... also keep taking photos to document your issues. This is disheartening, but you do have a great RV! We had the same issues with plumbing, water leakage, and- eventually- they all got sorted albeit via my personal labor with the plumbing fittings and leaking pex fittings.

You should not be expected to repair this yourself. Hopefully, AS can make arrangements to have your issues properly diagnosed and repaired where is it not too inconvenient for you. One problem with an AS purchase is that the dealer network is rather sparse in places.

Take a deep breath and know that we do support your efforts to get closure with AS. When it is all done, you will enjoy the unit.