Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
boombing sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin View Post
We're heading up to Ohio for the Sugar Creek rally in September. I made an appointment at the Airstream Service Center, so I'll let them take care of it there. Meanwhile, I guess we;ll just listen to the thunder in the distance.

Randy
Hi SilverCabin; please keep us posted on the dealer fix...would be interested on what they actually do, how long does it take....we may follow suit, although may try the screen roller suggestion first...I am a long way from an AS dealer here in MT...

Old 11-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Finally getting around to updating the threads I have open.

We took our new 27FB to JC in September. The "thunder below" was on our list of items that needed warranty adjustment. They were unable to reproduce it, and I haven't been able to get it to thunder since. We'll be passing through JC next fall, so if it starts again we still have time on the warranty to have them fix it.

Love it when an Airstream fixes itself.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:35 PM   #31
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:

We took our new 27FB to JC in September. The "thunder below" was on our list of items that needed warranty adjustment. They were unable to reproduce it, and I haven't been able to get it to thunder since. We'll be passing through JC next fall, so if it starts again we still have time on the warranty to have them fix it.

Randy

You will probably find the thunder returning next Spring, when everything warms up and expands again. There's nothing wrong with it, just an annoyance. You can probably fix this yourself by simply taking a metal-wheeled screen spline tool, or something similar, to the belly pan. Simply push hard, and make a big "X" across the belly pan in several spots. This will draw up the metal so it won't "boom" when you move around in the trailer.

Andy T came up with the idea. If it works, it was his idea. If it doesn't work, you must have done something wrong...
Old 11-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Yes, I have that post bookmarked, and my screen roller on standby. It did quit when things cooled down.

Randy

2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Austin (winter) Lincoln MT (summer) , Texas & Montana
I have bookmarked also....my dealer in San Diego also said they could not reproduce, but I got my AS home, I found I could stand in galley area with my legs a certain distance apart, and could reproduce easily while rocking back and forth....I will get one of those screen rollers one of these days also...
Old 11-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #34

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Our New Lucy has this issue also. We have noticed, though, that she only does it when her stabilizers are down. Ild Lucy and Little Lucy never did this.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #35
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Mine has done it parked in storage with blocked wheels only, and set up and leveled stab jacks down. Mine has something to do with stab jack tension, the order jacks are deployed, water/waste tank levels, and how firm/stable the ground is. Currently on medium size loose gravel that is still settling, some jacks loosened with the filling and draining black/grey tanks I get an occasional boom. My last stop was on firm packed decorative sand over natural desert, very stable, no booms over the summer other than the monsoon storms that pack the soil.
So, I'm thinking it all about frame twist, level, load, stab jack support. I have another indicator that shows this, the fit of the front hatch in its' frame, under the bed.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
TV Remotes/Covers

Every once in a blue moon I come up with a semi brilliant idea. We all lose TV remotes, right? So I got two pair of new glasses. Both came with inexpensive padded fabric cases. I took a clear small command hook and stuck it to the wall beside the TV. Took a hole punch to the glasses case and hung it from the command hook. This is where I now keep the remote for each TV. Easy Peasy. As for turning on both TV's I just cut a piece of fleece cloth large enough to cover each TV. I might add some elastic to hold the covers in place while underway but haven't bothered so far. Benefit? I don't have to dust the TV mounts as often, and it's nice to not have to hunt for remotes.

Paula
Old 11-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Branson , Missouri
My "Thunder" occurs when the fresh water tank is empty.

Quote:

Randy

http://www.pbase.com/murreywalker

2011 23 FC FB
murreywalker is offline   Reply With Quote