Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #15
Green & Silver (newbie)
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Austin , Texas
Hey all, just closed a deal on a 2014 30' FB Bunk for our first ever adventure with an Airstream! Parked it on the South Padre beach for our initial trip this weekend, and I have to say, these things appear to be a conversation magnet. Every trip out the door someone was asking me about it. Will need to get used to that I guess As it sounds with a few others, I discovered some bedding in the front lower cabinet got soaked while driving through some rain on the way home. Disappointing when you spend this amount of $, but I am sure the dealer will figure it out and fix. Otherwise, the TT is great and we are very happy with the layout. It was between this one and a 27' FB Sterling. Our dogs love the extra bed in the bunkhouse.

ssenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Pics!! Glad you are enjoying! We can't wait to get ours!

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #17
Green & Silver (newbie)
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Austin , Texas
You will love it I am sure. The only complaint I have so far is the lack of storage int he bathroom (as noted by others). It is immediate and obvious. But one which can be solved with some thought. Otherwise, what a great TT and you will enjoy the extra bed space for the kids.

Have some photos, just have to figure out how to upload them here....
ssenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
Brand New Owner
2013 30' Flying Cloud
Holland , Michigan

One way to not worry about the guests in the "bunk" room is to take out the beds and add cupboards and counter space. That is what we did with our new 30. Owned it a day and took out the rear interior. Also exchanged the formica table in the dinette and made one out of solid wood (qtr sawn white oak) with a stain that brings in the colors of the laminate and the oak trim. Looks great and really adds living space.
dboatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Canaan , New Hampshire
2014 Flying Cloud Bunkhouse

Congratulations on your new Airstream.

We purchased a used 2008 Safari SE 25FB in 2009 and have used it 4 summers now. We too had leaks (4) and got them fixed as soon as we saw them. The leaks didn't stop us from loving the Airstream life.

We just traded for a 2014 Flying Cloud bunk model last weekend. We pick it up in 2 weeks. We have a daughter who is now bringing friend(s) so the 25FB was getting a bit cramped. Now our daughter and her friend(s) will have their own space and we can get up and have coffee in the morning without disturbing them. I'm a little bummed that we will only use it 1 time this year before we store it for the winter.

dbms_l is offline   Reply With Quote