Old 09-11-2015, 01:41 AM   #211
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Thanks. I could go next to the existing antenna but wasn't sure about fishing wires inside. Sounds viable.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:57 AM   #212
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
I thought these trailers were prewired for solar?

Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 AM   #213
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
With speaker wire...
Old 09-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #214

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Denton , Texas
Bunk versus no Bunk

Thanks for posting you experience on the forum! Very helpful.
We do not own a FC yet, but are trying to get a FC 23 this fall.
We are debating the one with the bunk, but we have been discouraged when we were told that most people with the bunk ended up hating it and getting rid of it.
We don't have little kids, but thought that the extra bunk would provide extra storage,extra sleeping space,..for kids to come visit, . The dealer said that the bunk destroys the flow and makes it very awkward.
Any thoughts from anyone?
also, is there anybody around who has one that we could look at? We are in North Texas and would be willing to drive to look at it.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #215
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie2015 View Post
We are debating the one with the bunk, but we have been discouraged when we were told that most people with the bunk ended up hating it and getting rid of it.
First I've heard of that. If it weren't for the bunk, I'd be in a SOB with a bunk. Before the bunk came back in 2013, it was either a Nash or a Jayco. We absolutely love the functionality of the bunk.

Besides, if it were true people hate them, I would have bought a used one cheap. Problem is there are/were none on the market when I was looking.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #216
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
The bunk rocks. What's the issue?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #217
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
We made an expensive upgrade going from 2012 25FB to a 2015 Bunk. Some of the previous negative comments were from folks that did not even own one. We have a 15 year old that is with us half the time and it is wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

2015 Chevrolet 2500HD 4WD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed, Huper Optik, Bull Dog Spray In, Roll-N-Lock, Full Amsoil, Denali SoundBomb, Yakima
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #218
1 Rivet Member

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
1964 28' Ambassador
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie2015 View Post
We don't have little kids, but thought that the extra bunk would provide extra storage,extra sleeping space,..for kids to come visit, . The dealer said that the bunk destroys the flow and makes it very awkward.
Any thoughts from anyone?
also, is there anybody around who has one that we could look at? We are in North Texas and would be willing to drive to look at it.
I had my heart set on an International... Until I saw the new Bunkhouse. Best layout for our needs and gorgeous. We have a 2014 30 FC bunkhouse.

I have two kiddos. So all along the idea is that the bunk would be used for sleeping. And my kids love it and fight over it. And because of the bunk it makes the lower full sized bed underneath feel like a sleeping cave which is arguably even more comfortable than my queen sized bed in the front bedroom.

But since won't be using it for sleeping and since u won't have a front bedroom and as much common area given u r going with a 23 then I guess I can see why there would be a debate.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:39 AM   #219
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by geowickey View Post
And because of the bunk it makes the lower full sized bed underneath feel like a sleeping cave which is arguably even more comfortable than my queen sized bed in the front bedroom.
We love the cave. In fact we removed the front queen, made that a couch, and sleep exclusively in the back.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #220
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Without kids the bunk is less useful arguably? it says max weight is 150 lbs - probably could hold more but surely some limit

I think bunkhouse is geared toward people that have kids/grandkids camping more often

For this purpose we all seem to love love love out bunkhouses !!!

I know I do!

Now that both our kids are not requiring a pack n play - we have no special making and unmaking of beds at night or for naps - it's very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #221
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Can anyone use a bedspread and a couple of the pillows from the full size bed in the back of the trailer? I have one that's been stored essentially since new. Was going to list in the classifieds but figured I'd get more traffic here.

Free to a good home. Just ask that they "buyer" pay actual shipping.

I can send pictures later.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:36 PM   #222
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Can anyone use a bedspread and a couple of the pillows from the full size bed in the back of the trailer? I have one that's been stored essentially since new. Was going to list in the classifieds but figured I'd get more traffic here.

Free to a good home. Just ask that they "buyer" pay actual shipping.

I can send pictures later.
Gone locally.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #223
1 Rivet Member

Toronto , Ontario
Itchy trigger finger...need help!

Hello all of you wonderful and very helpful FC Bunkhouse owners! This is my first post on Air Forums as we are considering pulling the trigger on the 2016 30FB BH model. We are a family of five with kids aged 8, 5 and 2. I know I should be posting an intro in the Welcome thread (which I will do), but this thread has been sooo helpful that I wanted to jump right in and ask the following question: What hints, advice, recommendations would you make to somebody who is currently negotiating this big purchase? For example, would you try to have the dealer resolve some of the issues raised in this thread as part of the deal?

Also, do any of you do winter ski trips with this trailer? Discovering the ability to do winter ski trips was a big factor for us choosing Airstream. In fact it was this blog post that got me all excited: Winter Camping Airstream Style » Just 5 More Minutes

Anything information you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 10-30-2015, 09:03 AM   #224

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Ventura , California
Hello, and welcome! My family and I have a 2014 30' Bunk and WE LOVE IT!!!
When we head out on the road it's my husband and myself, our 8 year old twins, our 22 year old son when he is home, my Mother and sometimes our 2 corgis and a Labrador. There is plenty of room for us all. Your family will fit perfectly.
So far the only a few issues for us and our coach. The drawer latches, they are awful make sure they replace them with heaver ones. A word of warning the heater in the AS is powerful never have anything in front of it, dog, shoes, bags- NOTHING! The heat is so fast and intense you will have melted items, I lost a pair of Hunter boots to our bedroom heater.
Our tank monitor seems to always be off by either 1/4 or just not registering which drives me crazy, we have had it calibrated once but that still did not fix it so if boon docking happens that will be a whole new post.
You need to make certain you have a good tow vehicle, we pull with a 2015 Suburban and I feel very safe pulling the trailer. Get a back up camera mounted, get the bike rack, if the road side awnings are not on the model you are looking at, have them added on. The temperature difference is unbelievable. Also get that back window with an awning, I can not believe the amount of heat that area receives. Have a new grabbar put on the screen door, one that is the entire length of the screen. That little handle does not cut it especially with a lot people opening and closing the door.
We had privacy film added to the bathroom windows so the blinds could be removed, I also had that film added to the kitchen windows the blinds were always getting wet or had food on them.
One thing I did learn, if you have any accessories you want to put up like a magnetized spice rack or towel bars or other things have them with you and ask the guys in service when they are prepping your trailer to hang them for you.
If you want to save a little money buy your coach in January they seem to offer better pricing them.
#liveriveted