Old 03-17-2015, 10:26 PM   #183
1 Rivet Member

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
1964 28' Ambassador
Panama City Beach , Florida
We have a 2014 BH. Tow vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Sequoia. We recognize that we are a bit under equipped but now that we have a brake controller and a weight distribution hitch it's night and day difference. Only planning very local/regional trips so no plans on changing TV....

It's out first Airstream so we don't have anything to compare it to- which might explain why I like the toilet macerator....

Old 03-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #184
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Couple more upgrades completed.

Heading to Mesa, AZ on Friday and just completed a couple more upgrades.

Sleep Number RV Queen bed installed.

Wifi Ranger Installed.

We are looking forward to the new ducted dual air and the full awning kit. Supposed to be in the high 80-90 next week. Love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleepnumber Install 3.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	234448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleepnumber Install 2.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	234449  

Name:	Sleepnumber install 1.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	234450   Click image for larger version

Name:	WiFi Ranger Antena 3.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	234451  

Name:	WiFi Ranger Antena 4.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	234452  

Old 03-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #185
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Snoqualmie , Washington
Thanks for the advice everyone - the low drain point valve was indeed open (I had no idea that was there). Hopefully that will make a major difference with the mascerating toilet!

Now on to solve the in-rig wifi issues - I see that 2012FB just installed a wifi ranger - what are your thoughts on that? I picked up an 'off the shelf' wifi extender that i have been using in the window, but it's only marginally better than nothing so I am definitely looking to solve this problem the right way.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:16 PM   #186
planning for full time...

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Somerset County , New Jersey
Glad the drain issue is resolved.

I have had the best luck sticking my Verizon Hotspot between the skylight and the shade. Basically resting it on the shade. Seems to work better than a window in most cases.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #187
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
I work remotely from the Airstream quite a bit (once a week) between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I have installed a Wilson 4G LTE Cradle/Signal Booster inside the Airstream with the antenna permanently mounted to the roof. I put my Verizon Jetpack in the cradle, and in most places get 4-5 bars of signal.

I'm usually streaming Pandora through my iPad while using my laptop for remote access to my office terminals, and it works great!

Hibby

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 03-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #188
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
Now on to solve the in-rig wifi issues - I see that 2012FB just installed a wifi ranger - what are your thoughts on that? I picked up an 'off the shelf' wifi extender that i have been using in the window, but it's only marginally better than nothing so I am definitely looking to solve this problem the right way.
I opted for the high gain antenna extension as well. It seemed to work very well picking up my office Wi-Fi from the back of the parking lot but wont really know how well I like it till maybe next week. Our spot is quite a bit away from the office area which is the only wireless point in Viewpoint RV to pick off of.

I am waiting on the new weboost (formerly Wilson Electronics) Drive 4G-XR (RV) cellular signal booster to complete the remote office.

Someday I hope to retire and just throw it all in the trash and get a can with string to can. Life is just too connected for me but no choice for now.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #189
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Snoqualmie , Washington
Excellent - thanks for the great info on wireless. I'll keep researching and in the mean time toss my gear in the skylight to see if that works better than putting in the window.

Another question for your bunkhousers - what does your tongue weight look like? I know airstream claims 885lbs off the factory floor, but I gather that is without propane (are tanks included? batteries)?

I hope to get a real weight in the next few days, but I'm curious where others are coming in on their weights (both tongue and totals) with their bunkhouses (and whether or not you travel with H2O in the tanks).

Thanks, we are looking forward to our first real shakedown cruise in the bunkhouse this weekend!

Patman
Old 03-19-2015, 11:49 AM   #190
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
I guess 1200 on the tongue with the ProPride. That's with full aluminum LPG tanks. I always travel dry or no more than maybe 5 gallons for unscheduled bathroom needs. Oh, I do leave about 3 full toilet bowls of fresh water with some chemicals for cleaning/sanitizing on the way to next destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

2015 Chevrolet 2500HD 4WD Duramax/Allison LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed, Huper Optik, Bull Dog Spray In, Roll-N-Lock, Full Amsoil, Denali SoundBomb, Yakima
2012FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:46 PM   #191
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
We have yet to hit cat scales - but I agree - would guess with propride 1000-1200 - depends on how much fresh water, propane, etc I'll have in the tank and the distribution of weight in the trailer.

Glad the low point drain was it! My dealer when I originally called really had no idea - then folks on here helped me - the dealer later called me as it happened to another customer and they called to ask me hahaha

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 PM   #192
2 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Snoqualmie , Washington
Hmm. I lowered the hitch receiver onto a trailer scale I got and it was only reading at 800 which doesn't seem right at all. I'm expecting right around 1000 (which is my TV max hitch weight). This was with batteries, stock propane tanks each 2/3 full, 1/2 water, empty waste tanks. Given that the factory reports a dry hitch weight of 885lbs, I think my scale is wrong.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1426814733.670781.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	234582
Old 03-20-2015, 02:38 PM   #193
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2+ Years , Fulltime
So I figured out today that the subwoofer under the table seating area was turned completely down. Complete difference on the sound now. Just something to check if you are missing out on the low end of things. There are gain and frequency knobs on the subwoofer itself. Party on now!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #194
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
How do I access the sub and turn it up?! I have been underwhelmed by the base so far

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #195
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2+ Years , Fulltime
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
How do I access the sub and turn it up?! I have been underwhelmed by the base so far

Under the dining area. It is the piece of plywood held by screws instead of on hinges. It is there with the wiring for the two outlets under the table. You should find a gain knob on the sub itself to turn it up. Let me know if you find yours was down as well.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #196
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopillar View Post
Under the dining area. It is the piece of plywood held by screws instead of on hinges. It is there with the wiring for the two outlets under the table. You should find a gain knob on the sub itself to turn it up. Let me know if you find yours was down as well.
As soon as I unscrewed the board I realized where the constant hum is coming from. Turning down the gain and frequency had no effect. Unplugging the left and right jacks had no effect. Only unplugging the power worked. I left it with the gain full up. There is no real sound quality here just low noise especially enclosed in a sealed box. There is plenty of room on either side of of the power outlets to put in a proper base unit that is open to the room.

Another project on my still long list.