Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Stamford , Connecticut
2011 FC20 question

Here is my first post as a new Airstream owner!! We purchased a used AS and used it for the first time yesterday. First off I can say I've never been so impressed with a purchase as I am with this trailer. We were lucky and found a fair price on the trailer and it's been used only 3 times and it's been garaged....so I think I know the answer to my question but wanted to ask anyways....

The outside temp last night was in the low 40's so we put the furnace on to keep the chill off and when we woke up this morning we discovered a somewhat steady drip from the vent above the bed and a couple from the bathroom vent.....condensation or should I be concerned and dig deeper?

Thanks in advance for the help and we feel very lucky to have been able to get the trailer and join this forum and Airstream community!!
Stream_tRVlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Probably condensation. We usually crack a window or vent when using the heat which helps cut down on it. Just two people breathing put out a lot of moisture. We also just came off a time with high humidity, so there's more moisture in the camper than there might be normally.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Yes, you will need ventilation any time you are in the trailer, or moisture will build up inside and condense on cold surfaces such as windows and skylights.

doug
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Stamford , Connecticut
Thank you all for the fast replies!!
Stream_tRVlr is offline   Reply With Quote