Old 09-24-2016, 09:21 AM   #1275
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
If you want to see our 20', please send a Private Message [PM] as we are about an hour away from you. [click on my user name, and choose the PM route -- you must have Private Messages enabled in your User Control Panel -- see link at top left in the blue menu bar]

Peter

Old 09-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #1276
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
Thanks Peter, renderit and Phoenix and the research and consolidtion.

b
How is your recovery going, Bob? Are you up and about on crutches yet? Have a good weekend.

Peter

Old 09-24-2016, 12:21 PM   #1277
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Hey Peter, Thanks for asking. I'm jealous of your Hither Hills State Park getaway. Hope you had a great time...it looks like a great spot.

Chomping at the bit here. I'm on crutches but pretty mobile and today we will take a dry run on the bus to Downtown. It's game day today so no points beyond...yet. Out patient PT starts on Monday and I see a cane on the near horizon.

Already looking at the calendar as we'd like to get a trip maybe to Pismo. Nov may be optimistic but maybe December. Starting to do Spring training (AZ) training planning/research as we want to add that to the Paso Zin festival trip in mid March.

Meanwhile watching the weather as winterization discussions are starting to pop up and Blue is still wet as we were supposed to be on Nebraska today on our way to MO. Not sure what to do...Blue is in storage and I'm not (yet) able to drive to even drop it off at the dealer. I'm hoping I'll have driving capabilities by late October-early Nov which is when we start to get frost alerts.

Be well.

Bob
Old 09-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #1278
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Selling my 2011 FC 20 if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
That is my favorite floorplan in the modern trailers. If I were to upgrade from vintage, that's the one I want
I'm selling mine and will be posting it on Airstream Classifieds....once i figure out how to do that. For some reason the website won't let me place an ad!! If someone knows how to do this...please let me know.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:34 AM   #1279
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
. . .
Out patient PT starts on Monday and I see a cane on the near horizon.
. . .
Good news, glad you are at this stage already! Now the slow and steady progress picks up with you being more mobile. The winterization will come in its time. [ "TETIAS -- turn turn turn" ]

After 4 surgeries in the last 20 years, the most recent major, I came to appreciate the PT therapists for their ordered and insightful work -- always producing results in spite of my resistance at times. No pain . . . no gain!

Happy Trails, even if you are only going to PT . . .

Cheers,

Peter
Old 09-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #1280
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM1973 View Post
I'm selling mine and will be posting it on Airstream Classifieds....once i figure out how to do that. For some reason the website won't let me place an ad!! If someone knows how to do this...please let me know.
Welcome to the forum SAM1973! After you log in here, you can hover your mouse over the "Classifieds" menu item at the very top on the grey bar, and the drop-down menu will have a green "Add a listing" button on its lower right corner.

If this does not work, please describe what steps you take, and where the process hits a snag.

Good luck!

Peter
Old 09-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #1281
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Welcome to the forum SAM1973! After you log in here, you can hover your mouse over the "Classifieds" menu item at the very top on the grey bar, and the drop-down menu will have a green "Add a listing" button on its lower right corner.

If this does not work, please describe what steps you take, and where the process hits a snag.

Good luck!

Peter
Thanks peter. I will give that a try.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #1282
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
minneapolis , Minnesota
Hi all, want to say hello to the 20FC forum. We bought ours (2013 FC 20) about a month ago and picked it up in Denver and drove it back to Minneapolis.

I really appreciate all the help regarding tires, sway bars, mirrors, layout etc.. Much of it has already been very useful.

We have 1 more outing along the Mississippi this weekend before we get it winterized and put away.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:47 PM   #1283
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedonly View Post
Hi all, want to say hello to the 20FC forum. We bought ours (2013 FC 20) about a month ago and picked it up in Denver and drove it back to Minneapolis.
cedonly, welcome to the forum and especially the 20 footer's club!
Old 09-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #1284
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Welcome cdonly!

You have probably already thought of this, but you might want to check the date of manufacture of your tires, per the DOT stamp, as discussed in Post #1229 here. They are probably already 4-5 years old at this point. Did the prior owner(s?) have a record of how many miles are on the tires?

This page describes where to find the DOT stamp:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...160811155954:s

As you may have read, our GYM tires seem prone to failure, as idahodian experienced recently just after picking up his new trailer. [Post #1225]

Happy Trails!

Peter
Old 09-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #1285
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
minneapolis , Minnesota
Much appreciated. I will be picking it up on Friday and will add that to my list.

You are right a 2013 probably had tires from 2012 ... so it could be 4+ years. In fact, we will upgrade to 16" with dynamic wheel balancers per the specs. listed in the forum for next year.

we also have TPMS running on the valve stems for both temp and pressure.

you can't be too careful with a single axel.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #1286
1 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
minneapolis , Minnesota
forgot to add, there are apx. 5000 miles on the tires (and the bearings just got repacked)...
Old 09-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #1287
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Pocatello , Idaho
Got my trailer back today, one long day, driving over there and back. The new tires and wheels look great. I will admit at first I wasn't all that comfortable but, got over it. Everything was great. Tomorrow I head to the mountains to see friends that are leaving for Florida in a couple of weeks. True "shakedown" trip for the 20'er. Of course the temperature is supposed to take a dive.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:23 AM   #1288
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Glad to hear that, now go and enjoy it and take some pictures for us to see! Especially those new shoes!