Old 03-12-2015, 03:15 PM   #99
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
Thank's for info. Our orig.Plastic is Thetford. Am looking at a Dometic 320 low-profile.Ceramic. Spend up to 5 months at a time in Trlr. Thinking Ceramic would be easy to cleaning.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by knunut View Post
Thank's for info. Our orig.Plastic is Thetford. Am looking at a Dometic 320 low-profile.Ceramic. Spend up to 5 months at a time in Trlr. Thinking Ceramic would be easy to cleaning.
Mine must not be a 320 Dometic as the specs on that one list a Rim Flush system, and mine does not have that. Unfortunately I cannot tell you what one I have though, again, not home now.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #101
2 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Lake Bluff , Illinois
I'd like to add a 2nd TV by the bed where the Coax jack and outlet is. Can anyone tell me where this coax connection goes? DVD player? Antenna?
thanks
Bill
Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #102
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Hello FC 20 Footers,
We have been "on the road" nearly 80 days since our departure from east coast 1/2/15.
As first time snowbirds, we've been told we picked a great winter to escape the north eastern winter. We have camped at primarily state parks, national parks, few county parks and independents ( when other CG were full). We have really enjoyed our compact size FC camping without reservations bring pleasantly surprised we "fit" in almost any space available. Considering we have camped at nearly 25 different campgrounds this trip thus far and only had full hookups for about 13 days....other times partial or no hook ups....we have been comfortable in temps ranging from highs to 85 and lows to 28. Since we have little time and opportunities to connect to Internet....have not been able to post pics....will catch up later.
Currently, we are enjoying a full week in Zion with great weather at Zion Camp on the Virgin River.
Happy Spring,
FCloud9
Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 PM   #103
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Sounds like you're having a great time
We are in Death Valley National Park this week
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1427085389.415633.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	234781

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 04-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #104
1 Rivet Member

Abilene , Texas
My first post. We are looking at a 2015 20footer. Our TX dealer, when asked, said do not get 16 inch wheels. I have read this and other "tire" threads and do not dispute you experts. Thanks. Steve.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
We had a 20 from 2007 till 2013 and honestly other than the fact that we acquired a 3rd dog and that I always thought that the stock tires were just on the verge of being overloaded, loved it. Possibly an e range 15in tire would have made me feel better.

George
Old 04-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stfinabi View Post
My first post. We are looking at a 2015 20footer. Our TX dealer, when asked, said do not get 16 inch wheels. I have read this and other "tire" threads and do not dispute you experts. Thanks. Steve.
I have no idea why the dealer should say such a thing. I put 16" wheels and Goodrich LT tires on my 20' Argosy about 4 seasons ago, they are great. When I got my '14 FC 20, I put new Sendel 16" wheels and Michelin LT tires on it too. Fine combination.

On any Airstream the damage from a blowout which throws rubber all over the place and rips up wheel wells as well as side panels, I think the additional safety is worth it.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #107
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
WE really liked our FC20 ... best bang for the buck. 16" wheels would be a great addition!
* 2015 Duramax 2500 Diesel * Honda EU3000iS
<>2015 International LE Eddie Bauer FB25<>
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:53 AM   #108
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
w.springfield , Massachusetts
Ok 20 footers , question on bedding .what size memory foam pad fits on the mattress? We could go queen and cut it down or do we stretch a twin extra long ? Looking for the most secure fit . Brands or retailers you recomend ? Thanks twentys !
Old 04-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #109
2 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
Hello FC 20 Footers,
We have been "on the road" nearly 80 days since our departure from east coast 1/2/15.
As first time snowbirds, we've been told we picked a great winter to escape the north eastern winter. We have camped at primarily state parks, national parks, few county parks and independents ( when other CG were full). We have really enjoyed our compact size FC camping without reservations bring pleasantly surprised we "fit" in almost any space available. Considering we have camped at nearly 25 different campgrounds this trip thus far and only had full hookups for about 13 days....other times partial or no hook ups....we have been comfortable in temps ranging from highs to 85 and lows to 28. Since we have little time and opportunities to connect to Internet....have not been able to post pics....will catch up later.
Currently, we are enjoying a full week in Zion with great weather at Zion Camp on the Virgin River.
Happy Spring,
FCloud9
FCloud 9 - How was your winter adventure? Sounds like you got to try all types of campground experiences. Looking forward to hearing and seeing a recap. It was a great winter to get away!
We will be taking our first trip of the season in about 2.5 weeks - heading to VA and DC area for touring. Can't wait to hit the road!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 PM   #110
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Hello Wild Child,
Our first "snowbird adventure" to the southwest was very enjoyable. We left PA on 1/2/15 and just returned home the Saturday before Easter! We had camped with our new AS FC 20' in 2014 for approx. 28 days ( 6 trips with longest two weeks). So this was our first big and long adventure and without advance reservations. We drove 9,800 miles over our winter flee from the cold, icy, snowy northeast winter. Took our time heading west and south from PA. Typically, we drove approx. 400 miles or so each day and camped in the flying cloud ( still winterized ) for 10 days before we reached steady temps above freezing. Enroute to AZ we spent mostly single nights and occasionally two nights at CG. Enjoyed NOLA but winter even followed us there with day time temp only near 48-50. Worst driving was NOLA to just west of Houston...LA interstates roadways were awful and we we on the road nearly12 hrs. We wisely revised our original planned route from PA to Memphis, then southwest due to big ice storm early Jan. without WiFi...used Verizon cell to carefully watch weather and locate Campgrounds with Allstays App. So we spent 10 days in Texas but never encountered snow or ice on roadways.
Texas State Parks were great and we de-winterized in Big Bend National Park. Then we headed to AZ where we enjoyed exploring AZ State Parks, County Parks and National Parks. Favorite AZ camping included: Lost Dutchman, Catalina, Dead Horse Ranch, Gilbert Ray, Patagonia, Organ Pipe and few nights at Tucson KOA (great citrus trees- picked oranges, ruby grapefruit and lemons)...then onto Anza Borrego SP in CA (saw big horn on hike), William Heise County Park near Julian, CA....Joshua Tree NP....then back to AZ to Cattail Cove SP on Lake Havasu for delightful 10 days with lovely beach and 80 temps...then north to Nevada to Valley of Fire and Lake Mead and finally southern Utah. Planning to arrive in Utah was a bit tricky but we spent over two weeks camping in fantastic weather at Snow Canyon SP, St. George UT....Zion Camp in Springdale a full week...Bryce Canyon...camped at Kodachrome SP which was great for both Bryce, Red Canyon and Escalante. We learned so much this trip and now that we have our Flying Cloud all scrubbed, washed and polished.....we're planning our next trips!
See you down the road,
FCloud9
Old 04-17-2015, 10:14 AM   #111
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Colonial Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCloud9 View Post
Hello Wild Child,
Our first "snowbird adventure" to the southwest was very enjoyable. We left PA on 1/2/15 and just returned home the Saturday before Easter! We had camped with our new AS FC 20' in 2014 for approx. 28 days ( 6 trips with longest two weeks). So this was our first big and long adventure and without advance reservations. We drove 9,800 miles over our winter flee from the cold, icy, snowy northeast winter. Took our time heading west and south from PA. Typically, we drove approx. 400 miles or so each day and camped in the flying cloud ( still winterized ) for 10 days before we reached steady temps above freezing. Enroute to AZ we spent mostly single nights and occasionally two nights at CG. Enjoyed NOLA but winter even followed us there with day time temp only near 48-50. Worst driving was NOLA to just west of Houston...LA interstates roadways were awful and we we on the road nearly12 hrs. We wisely revised our original planned route from PA to Memphis, then southwest due to big ice storm early Jan. without WiFi...used Verizon cell to carefully watch weather and locate Campgrounds with Allstays App. So we spent 10 days in Texas but never encountered snow or ice on roadways.
Texas State Parks were great and we de-winterized in Big Bend National Park. Then we headed to AZ where we enjoyed exploring AZ State Parks, County Parks and National Parks. Favorite AZ camping included: Lost Dutchman, Catalina, Dead Horse Ranch, Gilbert Ray, Patagonia, Organ Pipe and few nights at Tucson KOA (great citrus trees- picked oranges, ruby grapefruit and lemons)...then onto Anza Borrego SP in CA (saw big horn on hike), William Heise County Park near Julian, CA....Joshua Tree NP....then back to AZ to Cattail Cove SP on Lake Havasu for delightful 10 days with lovely beach and 80 temps...then north to Nevada to Valley of Fire and Lake Mead and finally southern Utah. Planning to arrive in Utah was a bit tricky but we spent over two weeks camping in fantastic weather at Snow Canyon SP, St. George UT....Zion Camp in Springdale a full week...Bryce Canyon...camped at Kodachrome SP which was great for both Bryce, Red Canyon and Escalante. We learned so much this trip and now that we have our Flying Cloud all scrubbed, washed and polished.....we're planning our next trips!
See you down the road,
FCloud9
It's great to hear you had such a wonderful trip! Did you feel at all cramped in the 20? We are still debating between the 20 and 22....we just love the configuration of the 20 if only the bed were just a bit bigger we would be sold on it!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #112
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Hi DC Mom,
After spending 93 consecutive nights in our AS FC20' FB, we are still exceptionally pleased with our purchase. We certainly would love a "queen size" bed every night like at home but we still love the floor plan of our FC. After always finding a site at nearly 30 different campgrounds during our winter escape in the southwest ( no advance reservations), we are certain our decision to go with the FC20' FB was the perfect fit for our style. Another real confirmation was realized at the fuel pumps with our average miles per gallon towing with our Touareg between 15-17 miles per gallon. Please feel free to ask any questions prior to your decision purchasing an Airstream. We cannot wait to take off again. We have camped 125 nights thus far....not counting camping on our landing pad at home....and put 9,800 miles on our FCloud9.
We are waiting for minor safety recall part to come in to secure our twin propane tanks in their covered storage unit...inspection and wheel bearings checked....then we are off again!
Kind regards,
FCloud9