Old 07-03-2016, 12:23 PM   #1079
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Interestingly Steve the right edge of your screen panel also sneaks behind the shower wall, just like ours, but it looks like your window is an inch or two further to the left, relative to the sink center line. Sorry to load up the dimension requests, but if you also measure the L/R clear width inside the screen trim (to the outside of the rubber screen spline, that is), this dimension would be helpful.

Although we do not have room for the window operator arm/handle on the right, it is possible that a 2016 screen would fit in our 2014, with the right edge having to be trimmed a bit. This would be simpler than having to rout a new opening for the left operator arm/handle as subfan1 proposed.

Thanks again for your feedback when you have time next week.

Peter

Old 07-03-2016, 01:27 PM   #1080
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Absolutely Peter....I will measure for you and post. I may ask a neighbor for a tape measure while I am here. You are right, the trip does just barely go behind the bathroom wall and the handle is snug up against the bathroom...just about 1/4 inch clearance. It is easy, however to open the window.

Old 07-04-2016, 05:59 AM   #1081
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
small city outside a big one , south of some, north of some
Velcro drawer fix for anybody who is interested. It takes A LOT of pressure to pull them out and has never happened while en route since I put them on.Top - straps on, like I said, the strap is the hard velcro loop stuff and is one 12" strap folded back on itself. The soft fuzzy part is what is stuck to the drawers so when the strap is removed just the soft part is there if you brush against it so you don't stick. Last shot is the 2" raised bathroom floor because the stool is built for giants and we are hobbits.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:20 AM   #1082
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Good idea on the bathroom floor! It does feel like literally sitting on a throne
Old 07-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #1083
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the photos. Interesting that your 2015 does not have the same large bottom drawer under the oven (where your furnace is apparently with two discharge registers). I am going to go with 2 strap eyes near the sink corner, and 2 in the coat hanging recess near the main entry door, and long 1/2" shock cords to span the fridge, pantry door and drawers. TBD today.

When the shock cord is stowed for camping, the higher eyes could become hanging spots for dish towels etc.? Eye, Eye!

Your bath floor is something we have always intended to do as well, and if possible to have room for cast iron pans stored underneath. I am picturing the new ply floor having short fixed "legs" under it (so it is removable), which could be staggered to miss the pans which would always go in the same spots. 1/2" ply should be enough if well supported IMO. Vanity door bottom clearance TBD vs. bath mat and rug . . .
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #1084
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
I have a question regarding air conditioning in our 20 Foot FC's. I am parked on a very level site at the campground. The first couple of days, the condensate tube drained just fine. It is located in the left wheel well and there was a good sized puddle throughout the day. After the second day it slowed to a very slow drip and now the condensation is coming off both sides of the roof near the front end cap. Any ideas anyone?
Old 07-04-2016, 09:11 AM   #1085
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Steve you might want to check out Post 907 here (and the posts quoted in it) about the A/C. Could you have a partial crimp in the drain line inside the ceiling or wall? In Post 918 is a photo and notes about what I did recently. Although I did run the A/C briefly from my gen hookup, I have not put her to the full test, as you appear to be doing, at a site with full electric.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #1086
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
small city outside a big one , south of some, north of some
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Your bath floor is something we have always intended to do as well, and if possible to have room for cast iron pans stored underneath. I am picturing the new ply floor having short fixed "legs" under it (so it is removable), which could be staggered to miss the pans which would always go in the same spots. 1/2" ply should be enough if well supported IMO. Vanity door bottom clearance TBD vs. bath mat and rug . . .
This is my 3rd iteration. I did a removable storage footstool. It was not optimal. It has to be small enough to get out of the way to get under the sink. If the floor is up to 2 1/2 inches(?) the door will open, but with bracing does not allow much in the way of storage space. Did that and was disappointed. This is removable but not easily. It is in there with a few globs of caulk on each level holding it is so it should come out without any damage. It is 3 3/4 layers of plywood and the 3/4 ish bamboo layer bonded to a layer of 1/4 plywood. Still has room for the cabinet door to open even with a mat on it.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #1087
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Happy Forth guys! Doing a little fishing today at Saddlebag lake
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1467679185.854083.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	265971
Old 07-05-2016, 02:55 AM   #1088
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Nice!

And thanks renderit for the details.

Peter
Old 07-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #1089
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by renderit View Post
V. Last shot is the 2" raised bathroom floor because the stool is built for giants and we are hobbits.
renderit, nice clean install work on the floor. Thanks too for the velcro shots.

Bob
Old 07-05-2016, 10:46 AM   #1090
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks for the photos. Interesting that your 2015 does not have the same large bottom drawer under the oven (where your furnace is apparently with two discharge registers). I am going to go with 2 strap eyes near the sink corner, and 2 in the coat hanging recess near the main entry door, and long 1/2" shock cords to span the fridge, pantry door and drawers. TBD today.

Peter, can you post pics when done?

bob
Old 07-05-2016, 10:50 AM   #1091
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
Happy Forth guys! Doing a little fishing today at Saddlebag lake
Attachment 265971
Subfan1, Verrrry nice indeed. Are you camping at Saddlebag or possibly TM and driving up.

Thanks for the pic !

Bob
Old 07-05-2016, 11:02 AM   #1092
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
Here is a picture of where I am camped. The Colorado river is walking distance away and the Colorado National Monument is in the background.
Steve, thanks. I noticed this campground as we passed by on I-70 a few years on our way beck from Missouri. This looks like a great area. I was surprised to see the fruit and grapes in production as we drove by.

Looking at the website, I saw no reference to hookups. So this is dry camping, is that correct?

Bob