Old 06-03-2016, 04:28 AM   #995
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
Saco , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
Thanks Peter. Were excited and the owner/operators/managers of the site have been great to work with. We found this on Campendium.

http://privatecamping.net/?page_id=2465

They're on site before and after our resie in their FC'19, so it should be all warmed up . We thinking we'll have a great "pic from the front door" to post!
VERY Nice!!!

Old 06-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #996
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
..... Going to spend a week at the beach next week and will check it on Sunday prior to departure.

Jose, are you headed to SD North County? We loved the view of Catalina from Crystal Cove but not so much the surrounding areas. San Clemente SB and a couple in the Encinitas/Solana Beach have that "beachy" feel with lots of small restaurants and surf shops that we love. Also with the dogs, we were a bit limited where we could go.

Have a great time..maybe some pics?

Bob

Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #997
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Thanks Bob, we will have a good time. This time we are staying beach front at Doheny SB. I'll post a picture so you can see the site.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:59 AM   #998
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks waldosgone for the update on your other thread. As we and maybe others have been considering the Progressive 4655 upgrade, it will be good to see how your situation resolves.

Hope this doesn't disturb the Chinook wind blowing northward . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldosgone View Post
All,

Some follow up for all those who are interested:

1. I contacted Progressive Dynamics and they are forwarding a new unit to me so I can swap out the old one. They were very accomodating and their service department seems to think it's a bad transformer.

2. When I talked to their service department based on the light on the circuit board my charge wizard may not have been coming out of bulk charge. This contributed, IMO, to both of my batteries boiling over. I came home to the rotten egg smell and once I got near the battery box I knew what had happened. This accelerated my timeline to get 2x 6v batteries installed. I'm having the battery box modified and won't hook the new batteries up until I swap the charge controller.

I'll let you know as I find out more.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #999
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Thanks waldosgone for the update on your other thread. As we and maybe others have been considering the Progressive 4655 upgrade, it will be good to see how your situation resolves.

Hope this doesn't disturb the Chinook wind blowing northward . . . .

waldosgone I look forward to seeing pics on the box mods when you have time. This is something that has been in the back of my head since reading IRDOBA's post/pics. Still on the fence with the progressive upgrade.

Travel safe

Bob
Old 06-05-2016, 05:04 PM   #1000
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
Hi all we made it to Doheny SB and noticed a high tide right away. They made a berm to prevent flooding at the campsites. Will be here for the week, come on by for a cold one.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1465164271.353422.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	263902
Old 06-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #1001
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
This shot will show some of the beach
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1465167462.480941.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	263905
Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #1002
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
Hi all we made it to Doheny SB and noticed a high tide right away. They made a berm to prevent flooding at the campsites. Will be here for the week, come on by for a cold one.
Attachment 263902

Jose....your invitation is sooooo tempting. I recall Peter's reminder that Orcas is North, not South!

Relax, have fun and keepm' cold and nearby!

Bob

p.s. I had to look at google but remember driving down PCH heading South to SD....seeing the sign for Doheny but then having to focus at the maze at the interchange PCH/to I-5...looked over and we were already past the CG. Looks like a great area and stretch of beach, well protected by Dana Pt (??).

Thx for the pics.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:49 AM   #1003
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Lookin' good subfan1, thanks!
Old 06-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #1004
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
update post 921.....[ Tongue Jack: The dealer determined that the jack gears jammed due to it bottoming out. Note on the last trip I lost the post plate passing by Camp Roberts…wow, what was that cathunkthunkthunk? Seems on our ’14 the plate is compressed on & not secured by a lynch pin. I was told at OEM walk thru when I asked how far can/should I run the jack up…is there a stop built into the post/gears?....until it stops was the answer. I did opt for a new plate with a pin and had them drill the post. However the plate collar was a little lower that the OEM, so when I ran the jack up as Beachside as usual, it was a bit higher and it jammed the gears and blew the fuse.

They wanted to charge, I felt I followed their instruction and they agreed. Warranty. I’m either going to tap a screw just above the recently added black line or look for a PVC fitting with a 2” ID and slip a ˝” slice onto the post as a stop. I’ll also be more diligent on finding a few spare 30 slow blow fuses for my “spares” bag. Good to know I may not need to carry a spare switch as some have noted in the threads, but just in case I will be covering the head with a plastic bag…because it never rains in Oregon.]

Seems I can see the horizon in the repair of the stop limiting switch on the tongue jack. I had indicated in the recent 30A SB fuse thread that I thought there was a stop switch on the jack and after reading the manual, confirmed the fact. The circuity failed causing the jamb.. Hence the repair (new head)

Barker (Bob Asherr) and JC (Randy McNeeley have been great to work with. Bob is sending out a new head, the local dealer will do the head swap and timing re-sequencing and JC will cover the labor potion. Bob had already send a 3 pack of SB fuses and is throwing in the post plate that dropped off outside of Paso Robles on the maiden voyage. Note I later discovered that the plate is attached via a bolt/lock washer up thru the bottom...another torque it up item when hitting the road

I have an appointment when we return from Orcas Is for the swap.

Everyone involved has been great to work with.

Bob
Old 06-13-2016, 02:34 PM   #1005
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Update on the Yamaha 1k generator --

Received the 10' propane extension hose from Amazon with quick-connects on each end, and hooked it up to the AS OEM 4' hose, then to the generator, using the US Carb-supplied bushing in the propane manifold supply intake. Had to prime the hoses a few times (button on back of gen propane manifold), and pull the starting cord a few times to get the propane to fill the 14' +/- of hose, but when she caught all was fine.

Happily, the Yamaha 1k gen seems fine charging the OEM converter/battery charger, even when the voltage reading was only 12.5. I will let the batteries drain a bit more in the next few days, to see if the charger draws more amps, and burdens the 1k unit. My sense is that all will be OK. Not sure if she has the oomph to charge dead batteries, but hopefully that bridge will stay over the horizon.

Some posters have questioned whether the 1k gen will handle the Progressive 4655 3-stage charger. Plan to cross that bridge when we get there -- probably in the Fall at the earliest. The OEM batteries and charger are fine for now [KISS].

Water heater spiders

Had to do the first repair -- water heater would not ignite -- got the red trouble light -- as some spiders had built a house inside the propane ignition flame tube. A pain to remove and clean out, but simple fixes like this are OK to get done now, before camping soon -- hopefully a quick overnight this week to a local campground.

Let The Summer Games begin!

Cheers,

Peter
Old 06-13-2016, 03:25 PM   #1006
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Hey Peter...I had the spiders in the tube as well. Ordered some nifty brushes off of amazon that bend/curve etc....got the tube cleaned out and am back in business.

The Clarion radio system is still toast. I thought maybe some highway jostling would kick it back in this weekend but nothing happened. The fuse seems fine. I called tech support at the dealer where I bought it and they said it will need to come in for warranty work. Darn....
Old 06-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #1007
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
Hey Peter...I had the spiders in the tube as well. Ordered some nifty brushes off of amazon that bend/curve etc....got the tube cleaned out and am back in business.
. . .
Were you able to clean the tube without removing it? Lacking those brushes, I took it out, but getting the bottom 2 screws back in was a pain.

I am planning on getting a whole new radio which does exactly what I want, if we ever take a long trip. For now it is fine, and we have gotten used to taking the faceplate off to kill the energy consumption and disco light show. The instructions for the OEM radio are worse than useless -- as if they were written intentionally to confuse and embitter the reader!

Old 06-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #1008
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Peter - I loosened the screw on the adjustable part of the tube with the holes in it and then slid it out of the way. Then, the screw on the bottom of the tube so I could swing it out. This allowed me to get the brush inside. It pulled out lots of spider web. I used a tiny socket to get the screws out and back in...was pretty easy for me.

I am frustrated regarding the radio...brand new unit....oh well could be worse for sure. I am going to pick up some fuses tonight and will pop a new one in...you never know.

I also noticed that, when I take a shower, there is water all over the floor afterwards. Looks like I am going to have to caulk around the frame. Can't figure out where it's leaking exactly but hope the bead of caulk does the job.