Old 05-08-2016, 10:41 PM   #855
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
You're welcome Bob, thanks for the kind words.
We've all been there.

b

Old 05-09-2016, 04:17 AM   #856
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
waldosgone, I believe we also have 3 remotes similar to Bob's, and also needed to get new batteries. Will check at trailer later today. Does your owner's briefcase paperwork include a manual for the BluRay player, incl. its model number, remote operation, etc.? I imagine you can buy a new remote, or a generic substitute.

On your radio, do you have a similar Pioneer "disco light show" unit which we had to deal with on another thread?

We are giving serious consideration to replacing our radio, as it loses all of its memory when the trailer is put in "Store" mode, and thus defaults back to the disco light show when the trailer batteries are put back in the "Use" mode, thus requiring a convoluted repeat process to toggle off the show, which draws a lot of electrical juice if left illuminated.

On your Alaska trip -- is that Chinook Wind startin' to blow north? Exciting!

Happy Trails,

Peter

PS -- Pioneer radio thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...em-148311.html

Sadly, idroba's thorough post near the bottom of this thread was one of his last apparently.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ba-150067.html

Old 05-09-2016, 04:25 AM   #857
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
. . .
BTW, thanks for you and otra15 for your work and experience on the wheel wells/Subfloor exposure. This could have easily slipped by unnoticed, with damage to follow.

Your experience and feed back is appreciated. This is a tough area to access and new territory on the application process. Key is that it's sealed up and not a photo op. Great work. Thx.

Bob
Thanks Bob, yes good peace of mind that those wheel well sheet metal gaps are closed. Still having a hard time trying to picture why the factory installer of the wheel wells (on top of the plywood sub-floor) did not blow the whistle and say "we have a problem here!" How many trailers went out with clear problems like this? Thanks to subfan1 for the initial observation of possible problems.

In the meantime we have had lousy PacNW-like weather, new GS, and medical issues to deal with. The weather is supposed to improve this week, however.

At least the trailer is ready to go!

Have fun up North . . .

Peter
Old 05-09-2016, 07:26 AM   #858
2 Rivet Member

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Eagle River , Alaska
Dux: Thanks. It appears as though we are short one remote; instead of paying 20 for the replacement I may just buy a universal and be done with it.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #859
2 Rivet Member

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Eagle River , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
waldosgone, I believe we also have 3 remotes similar to Bob's, and also needed to get new batteries. Will check at trailer later today. Does your owner's briefcase paperwork include a manual for the BluRay player, incl. its model number, remote operation, etc.? I imagine you can buy a new remote, or a generic substitute.

On your radio, do you have a similar Pioneer "disco light show" unit which we had to deal with on another thread?

We are giving serious consideration to replacing our radio, as it loses all of its memory when the trailer is put in "Store" mode, and thus defaults back to the disco light show when the trailer batteries are put back in the "Use" mode, thus requiring a convoluted repeat process to toggle off the show, which draws a lot of electrical juice if left illuminated.

On your Alaska trip -- is that Chinook Wind startin' to blow north? Exciting!

Happy Trails,

Peter

PS -- Pioneer radio thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...em-148311.html

Sadly, idroba's thorough post near the bottom of this thread was one of his last apparently.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ba-150067.html
Peter, the Chinook wind is absolutely blowing. We start the trip on Friday (don't worry about the date nothing could go wrong!!) and the packers packed our Airstream briefcase and its somewhere in the 100 or so boxes in our house 😬 I'm thinking I may just get a universal remote to control the TV and the Blu Ray and be done with it. I think I've got an old one laying around somewhere.

We don't have the Pioneer radio but the Clarion M502 which may get replaced after this trip. If the remote stops working or becomes misplaced then it's basically dead weight. I consider myself fairly adept at figuring out electrionica but that thing is over the top.

I did replace our Parallax 7355 power center yesterday morning with a Progressive Dynamics 4655. Extremely pleased with the results and it was fairly simple. Took a couple of hours because I lost the light after I removed the Parallax so I knocked it off for the morning. I ended up having to pull some more slack for the battery cables and I was glad I read most of the forum posts that let me know that would probably be an issue.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:22 AM   #860
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Sounds good all around! Whoosh, I can feel the Chinook here on the east coast . . .

The owner's manual is available online as a PDF at the AS site, and you have plenty of willing researchers here for any hitches enroute. Ditto for weather or routing advice. Have you arranged for your cell coverage in Canada? I guess most US providers can arrange a package in advance. Not sure about non-WIFI Internet coverage. There is a sub-forum for these issues BTW.

Thanks for the info. on the new battery charger. Near the top of our list.

If you start a new thread for your trip at the On The Road forum, it is amazing how much detailed and accurate information is store in the collective database "here" at AirForums . . .

Whoossshhhh !

Old 05-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #861
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by subfan1 View Post
Were you referring to the mod on my BBQ grill? If so, I bought the part at a local hardware store. I removed the regulator and installed the 1/8 inch nipple in its place.
Subfan1, what sticks in my head was a picture in this thread, which showed an upgraded CW connection. I can't remember if it was just the cap/male, the female connection or what. I just remember thinking what a nice upgrade.

In light of Steve's failure of the kitchen exhaust, I am rethinking all the exterior connection points...CW, BW flush, SP, ext shower cover and now kitchen exhaust.

I'll check out the AS website.

Thanks for the tip.

Bob
Old 05-11-2016, 04:16 AM   #862
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
I just noticed this post on another thread. Has anyone here experienced any leaks like this from the A/C? [text is edited per notes below]

Thanks,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonFan View Post
My wife and I are sooo disappointed. We've been looking at travel trailers for quite some time now. Kept coming back to Airstream as the brand we need, primarily due to the lowest VOCs of any of them on the market. Then, we kept trying to decide which size. Changed our minds several times. Finally decided
[edit]
the Flying Cloud 20 was just the right size for the two of us.
[edit]
So, we went in to our dealer this morning for the walk-through. We had a great gentleman providing the orientation and provided some very helpful tips. Things were looking and feeling great. About 1 1/2 hours into the orientation we experienced a flood of water pouring out of one of the A/C air in-take registers. There must have been about 1/2 gallon of water pour out before the technician turned off the A/C. Water also oozed out of one of the panel seams - so we are certain water got into the sidewall and soaked the insulation. As a result, we decided to NOT take delivery and are now trying to decide what we should do. Right now we are terribly disappointed and disillusioned.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:19 AM   #863
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
OTRA15 - Thank you very much! This is very helpful indeed. It is very kind of you to take time out of your schedule to get those measurements for me. We had identified some packages of frozen meat and vegetable that we thought we would need on a "typical" trip (for us) and measured the dimensions. What we calculated 'almost' fits within the dimensions you have me. So, with a little modification and or adjustments, we very well may be able to make it work!

Thanks again!
I just noticed your post about the FC20 A/C water leaks on another thread. Did the dealer ever figure out what the problem was, if you know? [see quote in previous post]

Also what model year was the FC20 you were considering?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 05-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #864
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
For everyone's information, CanonFan has reported that the FC20 with the A/C leaks is a 2016 model, so hopefully this defect was not part of the earlier model years. Hope to check mine over the weekend.

Quote:
OTRA15 - This is a new 2016 model. Manufacture date is January 2016.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #865
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
I have a new 2016 and have only run the air conditioning briefly once. The dealer in Tucson ran it quite a bit the day I picked it up and I assume ran it before then as well.....so far, no problems.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:49 AM   #866
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
small city outside a big one , south of some, north of some
I would really be surprised if that leak is not a cut tube that runs inside the wall. Plastic tube + raw sheet metal edges = leaks...
Old 05-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #867
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks renderit, do you know which way the drain tubes goes, before it exits in a wheel well as I understand it? When the AC is running a lot, I assume a puddle of condensate forms on the ground someplace. Is the puddle location uniform for all of us?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 05-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #868
4 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari
2016 26' Flying Cloud
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
AC Drain

On my 07 the drain tube comes out in the rear top area of the wheel well. Dinette side. If drain is clear a puddle should form by left wheel. If this drain is clogged it will back up .And drain thru ac unit inside. Heard two version's to clear. Blow line out or vacuum out. Vac is suppose to be safer. Blowing line out can cause disconnect somewhere in wall? Maybe a bug or dirt clogged it near the end and just flexing it will clear it. Should be able to feel the water at end.