Old 03-28-2016, 05:44 PM   #673
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinDux View Post
. . .
Off topic a bit but I saw a post this week on pump noise and was going to post my pics ( I'll be finished on Tuesday after I revisit the very hard to reach clamps just rear of the opening between the pump space and the rear compartment). I think two hose connections are doing a Buddy Rich on the diamond late and is he cause of much of my shuddddder. I haven't summerized yet so I'm not sure but will isolate/insulate assuming I can reach the screws to the clamps.

I was also going to post your initial the link to your intuitive.."Hear me...feel me" vibration discussion as I think you nailed it, but haven't been able to locate it on the 20's thread. Do you remember the post # or date or was that discussion elsewhere?

Bob
Thanks for your post on the fridge fan thread, Bob.

Like the fridge fan, the pump noise project has also been on hold, but is first on the list after the water goes on soon. Any feedback from Dave, or photos from either of you, would be great. I have a lead on some acoustic dampening insulation for the pump space, but it is on back order.

I will probably add the flexible hose connectors, pipe insulation around as many lines as possible (including getting between them and the diamond plate), something in the bottom of the large drawer under the oven (or maybe glued to the bottom of that drawer), and get as much of that space lined with acoustic dampening material as possible.

IMO an accumulator is a nice feature, but will not cut down on the pump noise, nor on the echoes which are the main culprit here as noted earlier.

Bob, here is the post (#527 2/16/16) you were thinking of IMO, or a nearby one --

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f516...ml#post1750211

One hint for searching here -- you can hit "Search This Thread" above, then hit "Advanced Search," then enter the user name in the right box, and one or two words of what you are looking for in the left box -- and the search results will be amazingly brief.

Looking forward to turning the water on any day now . . .

Cheers,

Peter

Old 03-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #674
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Sirius/XM retrofit?

Has anyone installed a satellite radio similar to what was just mentioned on the Pendleton thread, as available new in that model?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f538...on-144303.html

Wonder if our antenna feed from the radio to the exterior is adequate, and whether a new/second antenna is needed?

Here is the unit:

http://www.polkmarine.com/polk-ultra...p-control.html

I have not read up on it, and am asking the questions above in case someone here has done a similar swap, or knows more then I do about electronics like this (which would not be at all difficult!).

Thanks,

Peter

PS -- edit -- There is a thread for the Polk unit, and I will post over there also:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f450...io-147938.html

Old 03-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #675
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Peter thank for the tip on the search function. I had used it a little before and had mixed results.

Much appreciated

Bob
Old 03-30-2016, 12:59 PM   #676
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Jacking Question

When you jack up your FC 20, do you jack on the frame or on the little plate that Airstream put on the bottom of the trailer?

I am having some work done next week and am nervous about where to tell them to jack it up at. I have seen mechanics try to jack in the wrong spot on other Airstreams, and been caught before going too far. Also have seen them "drop" the trailer when they release the jack after they are done.

I want to watch with an eagle eye and guide them next week.

Thanks for your input!
Old 03-30-2016, 01:53 PM   #677
2 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Somewhere , Texas
I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
I've crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of travel I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere

Man,this is fun!!!! No problems as yet. Been to New Mexico, Arizona, Utah and still going. Think I will find a really good place and settle in for a couple of weeks. Need to have the oil changed in Vinny and go over Boomer with a fine tooth comb. Probably time to wash some clothes and restock. I could do this full time. Waiting to make sure the snow has passed before heading into Colorado and Wyoming. Hope everyone out there is doing well. Keep those Airstreams rolling.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:19 PM   #678
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
When you jack up your FC 20, do you jack on the frame or on the little plate that Airstream put on the bottom of the trailer?
. . .

Thanks for your input!
Per owner's manual ONLY at the L/R plates as marked on sides of trailer!
Old 03-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #679
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Sounds great VinnyBoomer!

Will post that song on the OTRA Music I thread.

Keep havin' fun . . .

Peter

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...ml#post1769692
Old 03-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #680
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Per owner's manual ONLY at the L/R plates as marked on sides of trailer!
I am not seeing any L/R?? Plates marked on the side of the trailer. Can you post a little more information?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2016, 03:25 PM   #681
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Sorry Steve I was working from memory, and was off a bit. On the left and right undersides of my 2014 FC20, about 18" behind the backs of the tires, are silver stickers with blue text saying "Jack" with an arrow pointing to the diamond-shaped pads (about 10" inboard of the signs) where the top of the jack should go (behind each pad is the frame IMO). The left (street) sign is actually hidden by the bracket which holds the sewer discharge outlet in place.

Your owners manual should be accurate for your model year.

Sorry for the ambiguities.

Peter
Old 03-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #682
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Thank You Peter....I will get down under the trailer and take a look. My last Airstream was a 1966 and I always jacked it on the frame near the axle, being careful not to jack on the axle itself.

I am glad to learn that there is an actual "marked" place for jacking.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #683
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Here is a possible acoustic dampening material for the pump room, which I was finally able to see yesterday on a construction site:

http://www.bondedlogic.com/ultraliner-sound-blanket/

Made from old blue jeans, it is supposed to have good sound properties and is relatively safe for using in a living space it appears. Under the Construction Products tab at the top left are other similar materials with different backings, thicknesses etc.. I will try to get more info. from the architects next week, but wanted to post the info. today.

On the site above, I also saw some thick batt material which might work here and there in the pump room? Some installations with contact cement were also discussed. All very TBD in my book, but the natural material really caught my eye, compared to petroleum-based foam etc. materials. Fire ratings TBD. Ditto for use in humid climates, although I did see a note about it breathing and being mold-resistant.

Have a good weekend.

Peter
Old 04-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #684
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
noisy water pump

I just posted some modifications to Blue's pump house.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...ml#post1772077

Bob
Old 04-05-2016, 04:27 AM   #685
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Nice work Bob, but please see my comment about the copper unit you pictured. We are having another frost so summerization and pump work will have to wait, as the forecast for the next couple of weeks includes more frost warnings it appears.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:08 AM   #686
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
PS Bob, good to hear you are getting the garden in. Your neck of the woods is amazing for how early the growing season starts.

Peter