Old 03-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #575
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by centennialman View Post
Has anyone mounted a small TV over the bed in the FC 20? There are outlets for cable etc... already there.

If so, any advice is appreciated on mounting options.

Thanks
I'd appreciate the advice too. I've been thinking of doing this for years, but never even found a TV that I thought would work well in that spot, much less figured out how to install it.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #576
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
We've talked about it as well. Not sure if it's a specific spec for trailers or any residential 110V will work. I presume it's already pre-wired/integrated into the BlueRay etc.

bob

Old 03-12-2016, 08:55 AM   #577
TahoeStream'n

2012 20' Flying Cloud
La Habra , California
I thought I saw a picture of an older 20 footer with a TV mounted in that location in the past. Try google I guess?
Old 03-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #578
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Like this from a 16' ?

TV over bed

We also have a cable outlet in that corner, and a 110-volt receptacle but I don't think the inverter powers this outlet? The inverter DOES power one outlet near the main TV, and I have watched TV during a brief overnight on the way home last Fall, using the crank-up antenna and battery power. Fun!

We don't have as much wall space (with the privacy screen folded up on the left edge of that plywood wall separating the bed from the front dinette seat) but there is room for a baseplate to be (preferably) through-bolted to that ply wall, to hold a swing-arm television mount system. I think it is 1/2" ply but it could be 5/8" or 3/4" . The television could overlap the folding privacy screen, and actually stick out into the center space a bit, but too large a TV will feel odd in the small bedroom space.

Personally, I don't like having a TV in the bedroom at all, so the main one over the dinette works OK for us. With a bunch of pillows on the bed, it is fairly easy to watch the main TV from bed. Would prefer two recliners, but then we are talking about another ten feet for the trailer IMO!

Great to have Spring here! Gonna open up the trailer this weekend.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 03-12-2016, 11:12 AM   #579
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
[QUOTE=OTRA15;1760046] ..That small detail, of blowing back down the pump supply line from the tank, may have tripped up that poster. ]

Yup, Iím thinking of jiggering up a small section of tubing to connect to the pump supplyÖhard to get down hereÖharder to get back up. And for sure on the PT/Winterization...that how I dropped it off, that's how it should be returned.

[One small detail I did not do with our mild winter was remove the batteries. I kept the trailer plugged in, and unplugged her for a few days at a time many times ("Store" mode), making sure the voltage never dropped below 12. Today is the third day of no shore power, and the monitor is at 12.6 volts so it looks like my batteries are doing OK.]

As last winter approached, I was in discussion with the dealer re the possible abuse of the batts so they topped them off and I brought them home to monitor and they were holding OK. I finally bought a smart charger. We donít have SP at storage so after the SD trip, I just disconnected the neg and was monitoring since weíre heading to Beachside last week of April. However when I picked up Blue for the warranty work (LP drains at the WH, drawer etc, the jack was DOA. Hmmmm, seems the dealer left the cabin lights on and the switch in USE. Now I take my meter when I go to storage just to monitor. If itís going to be longer than 60 days or so in storage, Iíll bring them home and trickle them.

[It got up to 60 ish today so the OTRA energy is flowing! Opened the windows and skylights to get some fresh air. Nice!]

Good to hear youíre opening things up this weekend and get that energy circulating. As for EUG, ití been raining for a week and is expected for another week. However it never rains in Autzen stadium ; ) It's Spring enough that Iím pruning the apples....but Beachside in 6 weeks canít be any too. Soon.

Have a good weekend managing that energy!

Bob

p.s. Yes, the Rogue is a great river and great inaccessible gorge between Galice & Agness. My next door neighbor and a bunch of her lady friends have done hikes to cabins along that stretch as itís either foot or boat for access. The Agness RV park mentioned earlier sounds like a great base for exploration.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:19 PM   #580
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
CD Player

OK....so I put my first CD in the player and now can't get it out. I have tried every button, held my mouth in just the right way, crossed my eyes etc.....and nothing.

Anyone have advice. Is there a secret button somewhere?
Old 03-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #581
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
There should be a manual for the CD player in your paperwork. What brand is it?
Old 03-14-2016, 11:37 PM   #582
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Steve, I presume you play your CD's in the BlueRay like ours. Ours is a Samsung, so it may not match yours and we've only used it a couple of times.

I've been using the MP3 or a flash drive in he stereo as it appears that the blue-ray needs the TV on to play.

The Samsung has 4 buttons and it seems the one to the far right was the open/close. My memory was that the button needed to be depressed longer than normal for it to open/close.

Like Peter said, have you checked the manual? Let us know your status and if successful, your path. I may be at the AS tomorrow and will check if I don't see a successful extraction posting.

Also possibly there may be an eject slot on the back side but you'd need to remove the unit. You also my find some info on the mf's website.

Good Luck.

Bob

p.s. Maybe power down and power up again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027 (Small).JPG
Views:	40
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	258799  
Old 03-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #583
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Steve,

Bob and I have the same model year FC and Samsung Blu-ray player. Yours may be different.

[ first time I knew this will play audio CD's also -- Fred Flintstone here on audio details !!! ]

The eject button (per the Blu-ray manual) is on the remote -- just below the upper left Power button is a button with a vertical triangle and horizontal line under it. I would call this icon an Open/Close or Insert/Eject symbol but Fred is not so sure about the nomenclature.

Whatever the name, it does open and close the disc tray!

Yabba Dabba Doo!

PS no control buttons on the player itself at all. Nor an on/off Power light! Go figure . . .

Old 03-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #584
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
Thanks for the advise folks.....Mine is a Clarion player. I can't seem to figure it out by looking in the manual either. I may need to call Airstream. Of course, I need to be more patient and have a frosty beverage in hand, sit down and really study the manual again. It's probably something simple that I am overlooking. I have tried all kinds of ways with all the buttons.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:31 PM   #585
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
I'm getting excited to head to Alumalina at the end of the month! We actually left the AS in north Georgia at Top of Georgia Airstream Park on our way back from Florida a couple of weeks ago. The Alumalina rally is near Cleveland, SC which is only two hours from Top of Georgia. Soooo, we decided that towing all the way back to northern Michigan and then back south 30 days later didn't make much sense when this option was available. Hard part was leaving the AS outside and disconnected for a month 900 miles away! We removed ALL food and scented stuff, re-winterized (using pink stuff), switched batteries to "store" mode, and locked. We'll head back down to Georgia in a couple of weeks, turn on and check all systems, then next day we'll motor over to the rally - our first. If any problems arise from errors or omissions made during storage prep I'm sure I'll have plenty of help at an Airstream rally to make things right!

Anastasia and Topsail State Parks in Florida were great, BTW! February was our first extended stay in the 20 and it was awesome. I'm confident we'll be able to happily coexist in the little FC (or is it a big Bambi? Never quite sure...) for weeks and months at a time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1458095493.669244.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	258830
Old 03-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #586
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Steve is there a button like this on your remote?

http://dryicons.com/icon/shine-icon-set/eject/
Old 03-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #587
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Good plan TCwheels to have parked the trailer in Georgia! Have a great trip.

Peter
Old 03-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #588
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Steve,

Bob and I have the same model year FC and Samsung Blu-ray player. Yours may be different........The eject button (per the Blu-ray manual) is on the remote --

Yabba Dabba Doo!

PS no control buttons on the player itself at all. Nor an on/off Power light! Go figure . . .

Peter, Wilma said to click on the picture. On the top of the unit front right corner are almost not discernible are 4 bumps in a diamond pattern Not having the instructions in hand, but the far right bump (I think) opens and closes the BR.

I use the remote for the power only & volume only. That way, it leaves my digits free to gesture when operational confusion establishes a foothold.

But to be fair, I only played one disc and switched to the mp3/thumb drive when I realized the TV screen was too bright for evening music. Seems the TV needs to be on to operate the BR...at least according my reading of the manual. Then again there is the operational confusion associated with an integrated system.

Bob