Old 10-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #309
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
PS -- TCwheels, nice Ikea hook system. Any chance of a photo or two and the specs. on the accumulator you installed? Thanks.

Sorry, forgot the pics! Here they are. Note that I did NOT mount the accumulator tank vertically as recommended (but not required) as there is no room to do so inside that space. I tried every config on every vertical surface and there was always interference with the drawer in the closed position. It comes really close if one mounts the tank on the inner skin, but drawer will not quite reach the 'travel lock' position before it bottoms out against the tank.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1445207893.499357.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	250597Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1445207921.210789.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	250598Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1445207960.299131.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	250599

Old 10-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #310
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Shurflo Accumulator Tank 181-201 from Amazon

Old 10-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #311
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks. Yup that looks like one of the accumulators I linked in Post 296. With longer flex risers, could the accumulator also have gone in the rear storage area where there is more room? I think my pump discharge line heads in that direction where it splits to go to the kitchen sink above, and also to the bath area. There may be more mounting options back there where I have diamond plate floor. Maybe on a new small plywood floor to the right (looking from the rear -- the curb side)? One drawback to this location is it is more prone to freeze-ups, but there are already a number of plumbing lines there including both hot and cold drain lines through the floor.

Interesting that you have a different pump than I do. My Shurflo 4048 is supposed to be quieter in theory, and the orientation of its intake and discharge ports is different. I think I will focus on mounting my pump on new dampeners, material TBD, and then decide what to do next.

Thanks for the photos, many rivers to cross!
Old 10-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #312
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
OTRA15 - I DID consider mounting the tank in the storage area and was concerned about exposure to cold. Although you make a great point that there is lots of plumbing in there already.

My pump may have been changed out by the original owner of my AS. I didn't expect zero hard plumbing to or from the pump, nor did I expect a brass shutoff valve upstream from the pump, so some modifications may already have been made before we acquired the trailer. How does the pump plumbing look in your 20?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:51 PM   #313
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Having trouble attaching a photo -- stand by.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:36 PM   #314
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
So I understand, does the accumulator tank serves the same function of a pressure tank on a well to provide even,m low volume pressure volume and eliminate short cycling and lengthen pump life?

Otra15, subfan1 and TCwheels, you all are all over this topic. So for all the others that will follow (like me) thanks for sharing all your knowledge, experience and insight. We only have the maiden voyage under our belt but two things stood out on that trip….a very noisy refer fan and a loud pump. Project 1 & 2 after retirement (44 days).

I suspect OTRA15 has zeroed in on the pump noise issue. I’m thinking another material, maybe a thin block of polystyrene or = as I’d like something non-absorbent under the pump, but still with some dampening characteristic. I may even try backing off the screws a bit before I get too deep. While I’m there I may install the winterization diverter valve just so I don’t get caught off guard.

I’m not sure I’m ready to remove the panel, and teague’s reference to dowels and blind screws sounds like one needs to go very slow. Then again, I may change my mind after hanging from the ceiling to remove/reinstall the drawer as has been mentioned earlier.

OTRA15, thanks for the tip on the filter etc & the reverse flow. I had read the manual reference on the filter and had planned to clean it while in the area, but I liked your idea of disconnecting supply side blowing towards the tank to clear that line. I was also going to disconnect the outflow and clear he pump….with a few towels of course at the ready. How much water could be in the pump body anyway? (rhetorical dumb ?).

Does any one know where city water line T’s with the tank supply? Does clearing the city water line also clear the pump or is that T downstream from the pump.

TC love the hardware. I think we’ll swing by IKEA after a few trips.

OTRA15 since I’ve had Willie in my head after your recent reference…and now Roger which I suspect will now follow…I thought I’d return the favor. We named our AS Blue after Neil Diamond’s song “Blue Highway”. It just seemed to fit..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9944FCFF8F815E

“You can find me (us) on that blue highway”

bob
Old 10-19-2015, 04:28 AM   #315
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
-- thanks, yes, accumulator tank is like a well pressure tank
-- happy to help, and thanks all for a nicely balanced discussion -- plenty yet to learn as we all travel down this road together
-- agree that a non-absorbent foot pad material is better, will check with HVAC contractor I know
-- agree, kick valance at floor does not need to be removed right now
-- drawer installation -- if we have the same hardware -- when you are ready for the final push to seat the drawer in the slide, get your index fingers behind the orange tabs and get your thumbs on the white tabs and push them together ("pinch") until things snap in place -- simply pushing on the face of the drawer for the final "click in place" feeling does not work. Hard to describe -- as I said earlier, try getting on the floor and look up at the bottom of the top small drawer for guidance IMO -- after my fingers learned the force need to "pinch" things together, it got easier to repeat the process
-- pump discharge is small amount -- owner's manual covers -- use towel to catch
-- city water T -- remove aluminum cover to right of toilet on built-up floor ply box in back and you can see the lay of the land. [simple -- a few accessible screws is all] Point phone camera up into the void under the bath counter, with flash on, and you can get a photo of the vacuum breaker (and city water feed and routing) I referred to. When I get the attachment process figured out, I will post some photos, which make this much clearer
-- Blue Highway -- great song -- Chet Atkins carries this version IMO -- can we find a less schmaltzy version please?
-- noisy fridge fan -- ditto -- see earlier posts -- got my 2 Silenx fans from Amazon -- problem is gone now in cooler weather

Now to attach a photo of my pump and filter. I assume you have the same set up, Bob, since we have the same model year?

Thanks again everyone for the productive discussion here,

Peter
Old 10-19-2015, 04:50 AM   #316
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
"Upload of file failed."

No time to deal with this right now.

Later . . .

PS -- TCwheels, I see you paid to become a Supporting Member. Did you have problems with attachments before you did this? Thanks.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #318
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
"Upload of file failed."

No time to deal with this right now.

Later . . .

PS -- TCwheels, I see you paid to become a Supporting Member. Did you have problems with attachments before you did this? Thanks.

Honestly, I don't remember. But I don't use the website, only the iPad ap and it's very quick and easy to upload pics.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #319
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
20-footers

OK thanks, here we go on the App to post my water pump photo.

"Upload of file failed."

I sent a Help request earlier today to try to figure this out. Will wait to hear from the site Admin.

Thanks again.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:58 PM   #320
4 Rivet Member

2011 20' Flying Cloud
Traverse City , Michigan
Sorry you're having that problem! Maybe it does have something to do with Supporting Member status...
Old 10-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #321
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
20-footers

Redux. Supporting Member status did not change things . . .
Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #322
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
The conversation about attachment problems continues here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...es-141750.html