Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2011 - 2015 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #1

2010 19' International
Roseville , California
Satellite

We have a 2015 25' International Serenity that has a port on the outside, one for cable and one for satellite. We tried to hook up the satellite with our Direct TV cable box, running the cable from satellite to the box and then box to satellite port, but we're unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
kellyleitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
Slympicins

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Sevierville , Tennessee
Keep in mind when using a satellite dish the cable can not run through a splitter. Make sure you have a direct run from the outside satellite connection all the way through to the satellite box.
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
Hookup should be sat dish to the sat input on the outside of the trailer. Inside there will be a coax cable labeled SAT, usually buried behind/unde the BluRay player. You can lift the player from its Velcro mount and slide it out to get to the cable. Also unplug the HDMI cable from the BluRay. Hook the SAT cable to the input on you receiver and plug in the HDMI cable. Make sure that if you have a TV antenna amp switch that it is turned off and no light is on.

To get the signal to show you use the the TV remote and change the input to BluRay/HDMI the same as if you use the BluRay player.

Sounds a bit confusing I'm sure.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
I believe I can shed some light on this issue. We had the same problem on our 2015 28ft. Flying Cloud. We took it in to the dealer because of a recall related to the power connection. I told them of my problem with no signal when hooking up our Tailgater to a Dish Network receiver. When I bypassed the satellite connection port on the outside and connected the Tailgater directly to the receiver, all worked like it should. So I asked them to run a continuity check on the satellite coax--no continuity. He realized the the problem was because the coax wires for satellite and cable had been reversed at Jackson Center. Cable coax was connected to the satellite connection port and vice versa. He switched the connections outside and all is good. Until you can make the switch or have someone else do it, you could just try connecting the satellite antenna(Tailgater or whatever) to the cable port. At least one other person with a 2015 model has had this issue discussed on the forum. My post to them about this resulted in the fix. I also let Jackson Center know about this. It seems this is happening a lot for some reason.
Silverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #5
Slympicins

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Sevierville , Tennessee
The tailgater rocks. Last summer our local CG tried to upgrade their cable and it went down for two months. Bought the tailgater, receiver and added the $7.00 a month for satellite in the RV. Never missed another football game.
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote