Old 07-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Profiles are updated - still working on the registry updates.
Thank you!

NoNameinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Congratulations. Where's the first trip planned?

Kelvin
Well, it isn't terribly exciting, but the first place we'll go is to one or more of the local RV parks for a few days, so that we can really look over the trailer, practice everything involved in setting up camp and taking it back down, test everything out, and start figuring out how to best set up the interior (both to balance the load and for best access to the things we use the most). Plus, I'm sure that all those friends and family members who have felt like every other word out of my mouth for the last decade or so has been "Airstream" are going to want the grand tour.

After that, there are a couple of state parks within a reasonably short drive that we'd like to visit and we are planning a trip up to Mesa Verde National Park later this year.

Most of all, we're hoping that we make it off the wait list and get to join everyone for the Balloon Fiesta Rally! Even if we don't, we've booked the night prior to the start of the rally at Enchanted Trails, so please drop by and say "hello." We'll be the ones with the awesomely loud awning.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auberlee W View Post
Looks beautiful, what was the time frame from when you ordered your AS to when it was delivered?
It was eleven weeks and two days from the day we ordered it until the day it arrived. Not that I was counting, or anything....

We were pleasantly surprised. The factory initially said 12-20 weeks, but our local dealer said it would probably arrive in June and he was correct!
Old 07-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesClues View Post
We'd like to replace the sofa in our 72 AS. The picture of that sofa looks like the same dimensions as ours. Does anyone know a) will a new AS wrap-around sofa fit in a 72 (sovereign) and if so, b) does AS sell the sofa separate?
Unfortunately, your 1972 is narrower than the current models with the L-shaped lounges.

They're probably available, since one might need to be replaced due to an accident or a warranty issue. It might or might not be easy or practical to modify one for your trailer.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameinNM View Post
It was eleven weeks and two days from the day we ordered it until the day it arrived. Not that I was counting, or anything....

We were pleasantly surprised. The factory initially said 12-20 weeks, but our local dealer said it would probably arrive in June and he was correct!
Thank you and congrats!
Auberlee W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
olympia , Washington
Very nice! I am interested in the same model but have not finalized the trim/colors.
Xicaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Glad to hear that you got it! Fantastic, and congrats to you. You have a lot of great places to introduce your Airstream to.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB International
Carlsbad , California
Congratulations!
As my mother used to say "use it in the best of health".
Great combination of equipment.
As someone else said, pick up gear slowly as you figure out what you really want/need.
DoublTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
sure is pretty! Can't wait to see all of the pictures and photos with the awnings out!! Safe travels!!

Laura & Tom
Old 09-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Congratulations!!! Happy Airstreaming :-).
meandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The signature always seemed to dark to me, BUT I never even imagined it with that Salsa ultraleather. WOW.

I'm perfectly happy with my Eddie Bauer, I'm perfectly happy with my Eddie Bauer, I really am perfectly happy with My Eddie Bauer..... but I've got a new idea for the sofa in the Avion. and something coordinating in the dinette.

Gotta feeling you lighted the fire in a few people's bellies.

HOLA PEPE, COMO ESTA? (don't know the code for the upside down ?)

Happy happy happy trails, Paula
Old 09-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina
does this model have the michelins 16" size from the factory now... ??
2003 F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L PowerStroke
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Airstream Club, Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:54 PM   #33

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
16" michelins are not standard but you can order them as an option.
MrNoNameinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:07 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Wow-- MrNoNameinNM finally decided to stop lurking and actually made his first post!

I'm not sure how this thread got resurrected, since the Airstream arrived at the end of June, but we have certainly been enjoying the trailer for the last couple of months. Thank you everyone for all the good wishes!

I did find a photo that shows a bit of the awning, taken at Heron Lake State Park (a shot of the rear awning can also be seen in my current avatar). From a distance, the awning mostly scans as a dark red or wine color. I've also attached a photo of the interior at night, taken at Conchas Lake State Park.

Paula, from the first time I saw the combination it seemed clear to me that the Salsa Ultraleather and the International Signature interior were just made for one another. We love it!

It is interesting how sometimes the Signature feels a little dark in some of the floor plan configurations. We were pleasantly surprised the first time we saw an International Signature 28 with all the blinds up and curtains open. Even on a cloudy day (and even with all the lights off), the interior was pleasant and bright. It's not for everyone, but we've been very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream at Heron Lake.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	248199   Click image for larger version

Name:	AS interior at night.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	248200  

Old 09-16-2015, 06:56 AM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Beautiful. One of the few new ones I like.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 07:36 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
That is so dang pretty!!

Laura & Tom
Old 09-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Wow!! Stunning! I love the dark finishes of the Signature contrasted with the light floors and countertops. We got our 28 on Wednesday...how do you like the layout?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmine View Post
Wow!! Stunning! I love the dark finishes of the Signature contrasted with the light floors and countertops. We got our 28 on Wednesday...how do you like the layout?
Congratulations on your new Airstream!

We like the layout a lot-- the space in front of the lounge makes the trailer seem a lot brighter and more spacious, and like many who choose a 28 or 30, we prefer the separate lounge and dinette. I don't like to sit at the dinette for extended periods, and if it's late at night or the weather drives us inside I am a lot more comfortable kicking my shoes off and stretching out on the lounge to read, work on the computer or even watch TV.

The wardrobes on either side of the bed in the 28 and 30 floor plans are perfect if someone has a tendency to take a bit more than his or her fair share of the closet space. I really don't have the slightest idea who might do such a thing, though... seriously, NOT a clue!

My husband thought I'd lost my mind when I said that I'd rather give up the great galley layout in the 27FB (and its dedicated pantry space and microwave) in favor of the separate lounge and dedicated wardrobes for each of us in the 28, but the storage space throughout is all very flexible and it's worked out quite well.

Airstream does a pretty good job of making the most out of every floor plan. Each model has its own little advantages and disadvantages, but overall we couldn't be happier (especially now that we've ordered a new mattress!)

You're going to be very pleased with your choice.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:30 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
Very Pretty

Love your color choice for the sofa. It really pops and reminds me of all the great Nu-Mex peppers developed by New Mexico State University!

We are so happy with the floor plan in our 28' Flying Cloud. Really like the separate dinette and lounge area. Also as you mentioned the separate closets are great. The only thing we added to the closet was a battery powered LED light.

Have fun!
Silverbee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2015 28' International
Little Rock , Arkansas
We also picked out a Dodge 2500 a month before finally choosing our baby. They make a great combo. Enough power and looks great too!