Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2011, 05:58 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Fremont , California
Loving our new 27' International

I just posted my first message in the "introduce yourself" forum so I won't go into great detail but we just bought a new 2012 27' International Signature model last week in Gulfport, Mississippi from a fairly new dealer, Foley RV.

We can't say enough about the service or the staff at Foley RV, not to mention how happy we are in our new home. Prior to this we'd spent the past 90 days living and sleeping in a 19.5' Roadtrek SS Agile, a beautiful little Class "B" motor home but a bit tight (to say the least).

I guess I'm going to have to wait for the moderators to start a 2012 International section but I suspect it's coming.

We left Gulfport headed to California anxious to get home after more than three months on the road and are now in San Antonio pointed West.

The picture is of my wife and I along with Rick Foley the owner of the RV store, we were the first buyers of an Airstream trailer from them. (I'm the one with the beard )

xo1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
Ahhhhh, welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase. We love the new Internationals. What Interior did you get? Sorry, but we are very nosy people on the forums.

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Fremont , California
Thanks, not sure of the terminology but it's the ultra-leather or something. Light beige in color.

https://polakoff.com/RamblinRose/
Our travel log
Old 10-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Mark & Dixie,

Welcome to the forums and thank you so much for mentioning our business!!
WBCCI #9275 TAC #MS-5 AIR #11800
Overlander & Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Fremont , California
Hi Rick

Hi Rick,

If I'd known you were on the forum I'd have held out for a couple Chevy keychains for the plug

We're in Fort Stockton, Texas. After we left you we spent two nights in Gulfport just down the road to get organized then made it the first day to Beaumont, following day San Antonio and tomorrow El Paseo. We hope to be home next Monday.

Say hello to everyone for me.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo1rider View Post
Hi Rick,

If I'd known you were on the forum I'd have held out for a couple Chevy keychains for the plug

We're in Fort Stockton, Texas. After we left you we spent two nights in Gulfport just down the road to get organized then made it the first day to Beaumont, following day San Antonio and tomorrow El Paseo. We hope to be home next Monday.

Say hello to everyone for me.
Mark,

I'll have to send you a couple of Chevy keychains, a Chevy hat, AND an Airstream to go coffee cup!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Mark & Dixie

Congratulations on your new International and welcome to the forums. Glad to hear that you were treated so well by Foley RV, the new Airstream Dealer.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Mission Viejo , California
Congratulations Mark and Dixie. Maybe we can welcome you home to California soon.

I have often wondered about buying an Airstream out-of-state. Is it difficult or extra costly? Or perhaps preferable to buying local?

-Bill
Bill Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Ivins , Utah
Bill,
We purchased our new 2010 27FB in Oregon, no problems. The dealer provided us a temporary Oregon permit to get it home. We had 10 days to register it in California, at which time you pay the California sales tax plus registration. So it makes no difference financially.

We had to bring the trailer to DMV for a VIN inspection; I stressed about that only with regard to finding a place to park it at the crowded urban DMV's near by. But I found that, because VIN inspections are somewhat common, there often is curbside parking available.

Be sure to be able to show them a minimum of two sites on the trailer which show the VIN; those are usually found stamped onto the tongue, as well as on the GVWR sticker.

Good luck -
Steve
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

Fremont , California
DMV coming up

I've got an appointment on Friday to register the new truck I bought and the Airstream. Both were purchased in Mississippi.

Today I had the truck smog checked with no problem and like Steve I'm concerned about parking the trailer at the crowded DMV lot.

At this point I have no idea where the VIN numbers are on the trailer so I guess I better find out.

Our travel log
Old 11-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Welcome aboard, and it's nice to hear about an enthusiastic, customer-oriented dealership.

When a dealership does something really good (or really bad) we all hear about it via forums like this.

Congratulations Mark, Dixie, and Rick!

p.s. Can we see the interior someday?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Sunset Beach , California
VIN Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo1rider View Post
I've got an appointment on Friday to register the new truck I bought and the Airstream. Both were purchased in Mississippi.

Today I had the truck smog checked with no problem and like Steve I'm concerned about parking the trailer at the crowded DMV lot.

At this point I have no idea where the VIN numbers are on the trailer so I guess I better find out.
Hi Mark,

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to the forums.

The VIN will be on a sticker that should be on the street side towards the front. In the attached photo the VIN for this particular trailer is at the very bottom.

Good luck with the DMV. I haven't read your introduction, but would be happy to learn what lead you and the Dixie to by an Airstream so far from home.

Happy Airstreaming,
Rion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6048.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	144399  
GinMame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Fremont , California
Why so far from home

Rion,

The long story is posted on the member intro section but here's a short version:

We were on a three month trip around the country (and Canada) in our 19.5' Roadtrek Class "B" when we decided we liked RVing and would be keeping it up but really were tired of sleeping on the fold out couch.

Airstream was the only brand we considered, there was no second choice so we started stopping in at Airstream dealers on our travels. Met a great dealer in Gulfport, MS and everything clicked into place so we made the change on the road.

Regards,

Mark

Our travel log
Old 11-02-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

Fremont , California
Out of state purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lynch View Post
Congratulations Mark and Dixie. Maybe we can welcome you home to California soon.

I have often wondered about buying an Airstream out-of-state. Is it difficult or extra costly? Or perhaps preferable to buying local?

-Bill
Bill,

I feel with the limited numbers of Airstream dealers and the relatively high cost of the product combined with the mobility inherent in a travel trailer that a consumer should by all means shop the entire country for their Airstream.

In the big scheme of things picking up a travel trailer a couple thousand miles from home can be a great experience in as much as it gives you a great excuse for a long road trip.

Of course in my case I also purchased a tow vehicle at the same time from the same dealer so I did not have to make a long one way trip just to hitch up and leave.

Our travel log
Old 11-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1955 22' Flying Cloud
2021 27' Globetrotter
Gulfport , Mississippi
Mark,

In addition to the sticker, the VIN number for the trailer is stamped into the frame on the tongue of trailer.

Tags
2011 international