Old 07-28-2018, 06:47 AM   #43
Wolfwhistle

2013 23' International
HILLIARD , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbennett017 View Post
Hi guys,

I read up on the recommended gel filters and got some from stagespot.com. Thanks to other posters on here, that info is available.

Gel Sheet - Lee - 506 - Marlene - GELSHEET-LEE506
Thanks for the source and the recommendation. Going to the website there are so many choices and I didn't see a way to really evaluate what effect/ how much of a change they would produce. It is impossible to show pictures / colors of a translucent product. So, I got the large sheet of LEE506, but also saw their Warm Sample set and ordered it too... $28 including shipping and had them very quickly. The sample sheets are about 6 x 6 and can get maybe 9 cutouts from a sheet

Three layers (506 only) in the main area that can also be dimmed, easy enough to remove a layer is it proves too dark, but I think it is perfect. Where I thought I might need a stronger light (over sink, e.g.) I went with a single layer and 2 layers in other locations. Then I used the 506 in combo with some of the ambers (Harvest Gold - Sante Fe Amber in particular) in the overhead cabinets and love love love it. The only lights that I didn't / couldn't tone-down is the range hood since there are not LED and get very hot... halogen??

I would have spend beaucoup $$ without you guys and gals... my wallet thanks you.

A tip for removing the glass cover and ring. I used a very small precision flat blade screwdriver, pushed it in between the glass and ring and pulled down. Some are difficult but possible. You don't need to remove the entire fixture.

The iphone camera is lacking, but here's a couple of after shots.
WW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	318262   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	318263