Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
1948 Wee Wind Anyone...

To good to add to the Craig's List Thread.

1948 Airstream WeeWind - $8995 (Hartford city)

Date: 2009-10-14, 4:42PM EDT
Reply to: sale-gzyqb-1421558562@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1948 Airstream WeeWind camping trailer project for restoration. Smallest Airstream produced at that time. It is mostly complete but needs restoration questions 765-717-0385
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
http://images.craigslist.org/3n53pc3...b0eb9e143b.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/3n43ke3...7c81241a44.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/3nf3k63...36d9741ed4.jpghttp://images.craigslist.org/3nd3k73...e55b641478.jpg

Old 10-17-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
wow

ctdair needs this to pull behind his 1950s something camper/truck. Would be awesome. Hope he sees this thread!
Are you out there Al???

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Just an adjunct to this thread - anyone know who this is - it's a Georgia area code:

Airstream-Bambi-Caravel-Globetrotter

Date: 2009-09-27, 9:59PM EDT
Reply to: sale-pxwgv-1395614011@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am a serious buyer looking to purchase a small single axle Airstream travel trailer.

Will consider any condition but will pay Cash according to condition.

I am looking for 1940's and 1950's or 1960's year models.

Names of these Airstreams are Bubble,Bambi,Bambi II,Caravel,Pacer,Globetrotter,Wee Wind or any

small size with single axle.----Paying CASH and can pick up immediately.

I will be in this area for approx a week to 10 days,so please call me @ 229-942-4969 cell

or email this ad---I have attached some photos of Old Airstreams for your viewing.

I will also pay a Finders Fee if you know of one for sale and I buy it---

Thanks for any Help.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #4

Currently Looking...
new york , New York
could be -
http://www.maxitear.com/David__and_Mary1_small.jpg Names: David & Mary Turner
E-Mail: david@campercollector.com
Trailer: 1958 Airstream 21' Custom

Old 11-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1956 16' Bubble
1947 22' Liner
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Yep....thats him

A Flipper.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1956 16' Bubble
1947 22' Liner
Valley View , Texas
meanwhile......

Well, time flys. This what happens when a rare Airstream is "flipped."
1949 Airstream Wee Wind 16 4.9M CUTE! GR8 For Catering! on eBay (end time 09-Aug-10 09:24:46 BST)
Old 08-07-2010, 05:03 AM   #7
touched
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Catonsville , Maryland
funny anger that is somewhat miss directed if you ask me... We live in a country that prides itself on free market enterprise, capitalism, and turning a lump of coal into a diamond by hard work and sweat. What makes buying some beat down trailer and then turning it into a gem any different than buying some broke down crack house then renovating it into a part of the community again? How is buying a trashed out trailer and giving it a new life any different than buying some old worn out sail boat and turning it back into a world class sailer?
Some people might call that same flipper a rescuer.
The first ad pointed out "looking to buy" is by a friend of mine. He runs ads just like that all the time. He buys a rig, cleans it up, fixes the broken systems, gives it a nice makeover, and then sells them. He does 5-6 a year that way and ALL of his customers are VERY happy. You see this is his niche. A descent trailer at a descent price. I see nothing wrong in this business model at all. I actually find it rather honorable, even if he is flipping them.
The Ebay listing is also by someone I know not at all connected to the first "want" ad. By looking at the Ebay listing you would think he is rolling in the cash with bringing them over seas. However, by the time he buys it, pays a guy like me to transport it to the Port, pays the Shipping Company their cut, the Booking Agent his, the Port of Import in Europe, the EU union workers to take it off the boat, the Value Assessed Tax, the import duties, the transporter in Europe, the Restoration/ Customization shop, and then the listing fee to Ebay. How much you think is actually left out of that $18,500 pounds? Not very much. It is a whole bunch of hoops need to be jumped through.

I bought a 1966 last winter, cleaned it up and sold it. Doubled my money for three days work(funny the profit was less than my normal hourly rate for the same time). Did I do something improper? Am I now too a "FLIPPER"?
We live in a land of free enterprise. I some how miss why it is a bad thing.

http://annalumanum.blogspot.com/http://frankstrailerworksblog.blogspot.com/
www.frankstrailerworks.com
62overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
funny anger that is somewhat miss directed if you ask me... We live in a country that prides itself on free market enterprise, capitalism, and turning a lump of coal into a diamond by hard work and sweat. What makes buying some beat down trailer and then turning it into a gem any different than buying some broke down crack house then renovating it into a part of the community again? How is buying a trashed out trailer and giving it a new life any different than buying some old worn out sail boat and turning it back into a world class sailer?
Some people might call that same flipper a rescuer.
The first ad pointed out "looking to buy" is by a friend of mine. He runs ads just like that all the time. He buys a rig, cleans it up, fixes the broken systems, gives it a nice makeover, and then sells them. He does 5-6 a year that way and ALL of his customers are VERY happy. You see this is his niche. A descent trailer at a descent price. I see nothing wrong in this business model at all. I actually find it rather honorable, even if he is flipping them.
The Ebay listing is also by someone I know not at all connected to the first "want" ad. By looking at the Ebay listing you would think he is rolling in the cash with bringing them over seas. However, by the time he buys it, pays a guy like me to transport it to the Port, pays the Shipping Company their cut, the Booking Agent his, the Port of Import in Europe, the EU union workers to take it off the boat, the Value Assessed Tax, the import duties, the transporter in Europe, the Restoration/ Customization shop, and then the listing fee to Ebay. How much you think is actually left out of that $18,500 pounds? Not very much. It is a whole bunch of hoops need to be jumped through.

I bought a 1966 last winter, cleaned it up and sold it. Doubled my money for three days work(funny the profit was less than my normal hourly rate for the same time). Did I do something improper? Am I now too a "FLIPPER"?
We live in a land of free enterprise. I some how miss why it is a bad thing.
I agree. I don't see anything wrong with buying something (whether it be a trailer, motorcycle, car, whatever) and reselling it to make a profit. I just did that with a motorcycle & a scooter last week. Never intended to keep them. Bought them to resell. Made a few extra bucks. Now I'm going to upgrade my own scooter with the $ I made. They didn't land in the dump & money landed in my pocket. NICE!

1964 Bambi II
1984 Avion 30P
beckybillrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
I agree with Frank and Becky. However, I didn't notice the 'anger' funny or otherwise.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:46 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1956 16' Bubble
1947 22' Liner
Valley View , Texas
Whoa there....No anger or sarcasm meant at all. I actually like the things Frank...and some other resellers, are doing. Great work. I like the idea of rescuing a derelict Airstream from a doom of corrosion and rot.....its just that sometimes I have seen a Gem removed from the realm of possibility for someone financially limited only to have it placed on the sale block. Just an unemotional sale. I'd rather have a little emotional
enthusiasm involved. But, I guess anyone who is the end buyer will provide that love.

Tags