Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
jdb
jdb

2005 22' International CCD
Somewhere , Currently moving east to west
I continued on from Alcova Lake, Wyo. to Lander, over South Pass (Wind River Range) across the Green River and into Idaho. The high desert of Wyoming changed into heavily agricultural and quite beautiful countryside. Wyoming had some terrible grades, climbs, and general tough trailering. The upside is that there is no traffic at all. I hit I-15 and rolled into Pocatello, where I'm visiting my son for a few days. Next goal: find a longer term place to stay in Boise while I check it out for a site to overwinter.
jdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #22
jdb
jdb

Crazy Horse Heroic Megasculpture

For all of you that are eaten up by curiosity as to how the gigantic Chief Crazy Horse sculpture is coming along in the Black Hills of South Dakota, here is a picture taken this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2835[1].jpg
Views:	184
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	137448  
Old 08-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb View Post
I'm leaving Wayne, Ne. tomorrow after a stellar week+ with the kids and grandkids. I'm heading over to Chadron Ne. and plan to see the Black Hills area if I can avoid the Sturgis crowd. Could be tense. I don't do well in the midst of hordes of drunks and nekkid women. Drunks, anyway. I've done 8 good days in Wayne at the Lion's RV Park. A good time was had by all!
Small world out there, I was the guy in the Avion there.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:02 PM   #24
jdb
jdb

Small world indeed! Have a good stay in Wayne.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #25
jdb
jdb

OK, I finally washed up in Caldwell, Id. about 25 miles west of Boise. I'm staying here for a month (at least) because it is handy, not too close/far from the freeway, has nice spacy spaces and a pool. $345/mo. Neat place. So far Boise looks like a prime candidate for overwintering with cheap rental housing, a reasonably good ski hill 16 miles from town, and it seems like a really nice place. The run from Pocatello to Boise/Caldwell was a piece of cake. Grades not too severe, pretty flat, nice scenes of the Snake River on occasion. Comic relief was provided by Mountain Home, Idaho which is flat, hot and dry. The wheat harvest was in full swing all along the way. The weather here is great: high 80's/low 90's for highs, mid fifties for lows. I'll stay in Caldwell until it gets too chilly to use the pool and then find a place nearer Boise for the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03174.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	138279  
Old 08-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2012 19' Flying Cloud
McMinnville , Oregon
City of Rocks

I've enjoyed watching your trip. If you need a getaway, try the City of Rocks State Park in Southern Idaho. Absolutely beautiful with pretty new campground in a setting of incredible rock formations.
caper2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
single, solo, fulltiming